• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF 7 - We hang out IRL now and be social and shit. (Also, Adrian's Revenge)

Status
Not open for further replies.
My advice, Jase: From what I can tell, if there are specific current bands you like now, chances are if they release something in a year or two, it won't be shit that you like. Find a new way to enjoy music, so you're paying attention to a broader scope rather than something very specific (and very likely to change).

For some reason (just going by the bands you've listed thus far) a band you may not have discovered but seem to release good music fairly steadily are Phoenix (Wolfgang Amadeus is a cracking album). Also, probably get the best of Doves. I reckon you'd like both bands :)
I love the Doves (who have split up, apparently) and will take a look into this Phoenix thingee. I will go in with very high expectations. So high, in fact, that they are doomed to fail against them.

I don't really have that many bands that I currently follow. I've become that which I once mocked in my youth: an old fogey that only listens to "his bands" and thinks all new stuff is weird and not good. I think the number of current bands that I listen to is now under 10; slowly the sand of time are claiming the stragglers. It's this, plus my dislike of people and their environment (i.e. outside) that I rarely go to concerts.

The very few that I have been to, I've almost forgotten that I'm attending, due to the lead in time between booking and the event itself. That should be a warning sign to promoters that they've gone too far, but, really, they've already got my money, so who cares?

These days my music listening is split between old music and electronic, peppered with the odd current artist that finally releases something new.

What sort of car?

car with out wheels
I must be the only person here tired of the liberal use of the word 'cunt', it's wearing a little thin but I guess that's the joke?

/old man yelling at cloud etc

no your not
*hugs*
I've been quietly thinking this for a while, but I feel like every other post of mine nowadays is sour, so I try to just roll with it.

:eek:
I never particularly enjoyed it.

:O
all just following bananaarnie
im a trend setter

How long did the updates take? I'm having some people over tomorrow night to play it and I don't want us to spend all night running them...

:'(

Yagharek

I feel weird today. Just withdrew an offer on a house thanks to deceitful maintenance quotes (verbal versus written) and have decided against picking up a Wii U.

I feel hollow, and am shaking. And I just realised I havent had a single cup of coffee in six days (down from 4 a day). Gastro solves everything.

jambo

Should we try posting it in OT first to see whether we get moved or not? I reckon it's worth a shot.

We won't get a sticky in main OT, I think if we make another thread in Gaming Community the existing sticky will just be replaced with the new thread.

markot

Banned
Lets factorise the facts.

US

3ds game on eshop such as paper mario - 39.99
Wii u game on eshop such as mario u - 59.99

AUS

3ds game on eshop such as paper mario (Nostradameusly) - 69.95
Wii u game on e shop such as mario u - 79.95

Ze mark up is $20 for console games. Yet its $30 for Handhelds?

Honestly they cost too much. 59.95 would be a much nicer price and I would buy more games. (Not to mention I never buy games at full price but thats another isssssue!)

For an eg, Virtues last rewards is $70 on the eshop, for whince I say pshaw!

And its not about $1 mobile games.

Fuuuuck. I really want one. What are the deals? KMart was the best right?

Johnson hasn't bowled this well in years. Two killer balls vs Amla.

Man if he's back I feel a lot better about our attack. Even if he's expensive he's a wicket taker. And if Harris ever recovers (which is incredibly doubtful) I'd be pretty happy.

HolyCheck

I want a tag give me a tag
Fuuuuck. I really want one. What are the deals? KMart was the best right?

Man if he's back I feel a lot better about our attack. Even if he's expensive he's a wicket taker. And if Harris ever recovers (which is incredibly doubtful) I'd be pretty happy.

Yep Kmart cheapest. I went JB though as Mass Effect 3 for $40 if you buy at launch (until monday)

kmart 379 for premium, jb 399. both 299 for the basic.

http://games.aussiegeek.com.au/wii-u-price-guide/ good list for you

Just dropping a quick post in here in case anyone wants any of my PS3/360/Wii/PsP games before i go ahead and trade them in at EB

On the flipside, is anyone wanting to get rid of their PS Vita?

If you want anything just Pm me game name and console. i can't be bothered/too busy at work to photo/type out games

^^ Apologies for lazyness on my part, ill respond if i have it. asking maybe 10-20 per title

senahorse

Lets factorise the facts.

US

3ds game on eshop such as paper mario - 39.99
Wii u game on eshop such as mario u - 59.99

AUS

3ds game on eshop such as paper mario (Nostradameusly) - 69.95
Wii u game on e shop such as mario u - 79.95

Ze mark up is $20 for console games. Yet its $30 for Handhelds?

Honestly they cost too much. 59.95 would be a much nicer price and I would buy more games. (Not to mention I never buy games at full price but thats another isssssue!)

For an eg, Virtues last rewards is $70 on the eshop, for whince I say pshaw!

And its not about $1 mobile games.

$39, that's what they should be here as well, even a few dollars more is OK. But having a game like Virtues Reward for $70 on 3DS and then $50 on Vita is just silly.

Raxum

This may seem oddly broad, but what's the most important parts of an ARPG for people? Combat? Itemisation? Stats? Levelling? Story?

Kritz

Banned
PS. Kritz, fucking incredible OP for the new OT. I think you should be the one who creates the new thread along with that post, despite the fact that there's some obvious self-promotion with that script thingy.

I could remove the script thing if people want. I also forgot to link the damn thing anyway. >_> (well, I'll need to update the script anyway once the new thread is created)

This may seem oddly broad, but what's the most important parts of an ARPG for people? Combat? Itemisation? Stats? Levelling? Story?

Combat, especially diversity in skillls. Needs to play differently enough with different characters and builds otherwise it wont keep me coming back.

jambo

I was thinking of taking Kritz's post and just putting it up in Gaming Community, then PMing him a link to the thread...

Ydahs

Very impressed with the Wii U so far. Despite all the negative and disappointing news surrounding its launch, it does a couple of things really well.

Miiverse - a gaming social network with people who genuinely seem excited about the games they're playing. I had a quick scroll in a couple of communities and I saw people helping others out, chatting about specific parts of a game and asking if the games were worth it or not. Surprised how it all turned out considering how ambitious it sounded to begin with. Miiverse integration within games is also a welcomed addition.

The Gamepad - it just works. It's hard to explain why, but I guess you need to get your hands on it to understand. The screen's nice, the pad's light and the button placement feels natural. It does get a bit warm after awhile, but besides that I can see myself playing it for extended periods. The resistive touchscreen does take a while to get adjusted to, you just need to train yourself to press down on it a little harder.

The two main negatives so far are OS speed (hopefully fixed sooner rather than later) and download speed. I didn't know the OS update could be downloaded in the background so that helped out a little.

Clipper

Just played half an hour or so of Nintendoland after the Christmas Party. Was a lot of fun. It took me three tries before I successfully evaded some friends in the Mario Chase game, but I totally wiped the floor with the many corpses left after a few rounds of Luigi's Ghost Mansion. That one seems a little easy for the ghost player, to be honest, but I'm sure the Miis could do better with practice to learn better strategies.

Ydahs

What's your NNID Ydahs? I wouldn't mind seeing how the friend adding etc works

mines NiickU

ShadyR

I'll add/accept you when I get access to the console.
Did anyone buy the THQ humble? It's an amazing offer!

http://www.humblebundle.com/

1. Darksiders
2. Metro 2033
3. Red Faction Armagedon
4. Company of Heroes
5. Company of Heroes: Opposing Fronts
6. Company of Heroes: Tales of Valor

7. Saints Row The Third - if you pay over $6.

Yeah, my cousin just sent me the link a few minutes ago. I doubt I'll play those games but it's too good of an offer to pass up. Might give Saints Row a shot sometime next week. Smart move by THQ as it seems to be pretty damn popular atm.

Raxum

Combat, especially diversity in skillls. Needs to play differently enough with different characters and builds otherwise it wont keep me coming back.

This is something I find as well, though in designing a game by myself, I'm not sure I could pull it off as well as I'd like to. Do you prefer being able to easily change specs or not being able to change but still being able to fix any early errors you may have made?

A good world to explore.

By a good world, do you mean an open-world with a diverse group of characters and areas to explore?

Actually looking at the design behind an ARPG is somewhat difficult. I kind of want to make a 'modular' game where you have a hub world with a bunch of different kinds of maps your character can go to, with the ability to add modifiers to the maps which could increase or decrease difficulty. Not sure how easy a task this will actually end up being.

Kritz am god. Give him the honour that Holy stole from our Father Vook.

Also Big W was cheapest for WiiU guys!

Ill miss the new thread while on holiday so no Photoshop sorry :(
Might PM something to Kritz next week when I'm back. The cricket better be on Usenet too!

This is something I find as well, though in designing a game by myself, I'm not sure I could pull it off as well as I'd like to. Do you prefer being able to easily change specs or not being able to change but still being able to fix any early errors you may have made?

I don't realy like free switching, some small mechanic for fixing is ok

Yagharek

Yep. Just lucky it didnt result in punishment. Amla is basically on par with Clarke at the moment for batting this year.

edit: HASTINGS!!!!

5/67!!!!

Rezbit

Wow, Cowan bailed out by his opening buddy.

Hastings with his first wicket. Don't know if it's the pitch, or if they're fresh and raring to go, but these bowlers don't look as floggish as I thought they would.

Yagharek

No. Hastings has been solid, much like Harris is known for. Johnson has been Good Johnson today and not Bad Johnson. Starc has been as good as any of Starc, Pattinson and Hilfy were last summer.

Rezbit

The first few overs were rubbish, but I will put that down to nerves more than anything. Aiming at the stumps works, who would have thought!

Also how many fucking catches has Cowan dropped this series, move him out of the hot spots :/

He's also taken a couple of rippers though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom