• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Beyond Good and Evil 2 E3 2017 CG Trailer (prequel, online or solo, early access?)

What did you fucking think of the fucking Beyond Good & Evil 2 trailer?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nokterian

I shed a tear when i noticed that it really is Beyond good & Evil. One of the most underrated gems of the last decade. So happy to see this finally come to live.

Yarbskoo

If the monkey pulled out a shotgun and started killing everyone in that place and then pissed on the pig's corpse then I would be able to see eye to eye with the whole gritty or grimdark discussion.

Well he did drop shards of glass into the pigs head and murdered countless law enforcement personnel including those he threw out of a flying vehicle.

Lijik

So you think jade in the first game was stylistically proportioned and shaped because of tech limitations of the time, despite there being examples of realistically styled humans in other games from that time? i don't buy it. The game had style, the same way clone wars does in comparison to the live action movies. Humans shouldn't look like photo realistic humans in this world, and the animals should be way more stylised. Not look like some michael bay bebop/rocksteady rejects from his TMNT movies.

I mean Ancel has gone on record the art and scope of the game was affected by what the PS2 could actually do compared to what Sony initially pitched them on. The original design document was more like what they showed here with flying across space to different planets

I wonder if Not-Sun Wukong and the lady are Jade's adoptive parents that saved her from the DOMZ? It'd be weird to make it a prequel and not have Jade's parents and/or Peyj be the main characters. Especially because busting into the DOMZ homeworld and stealing their living superweapon would definitely be gameworthy.

Well he did drop shards of glass into the pigs head and murdered countless law enforcement personnel including those he threw out of a flying vehicle.

His shots missed and he threw out two possibly crooked cops. The police took care of their own, including themselves. No harm, no foul.

bge2_64luge.gif

last gif, sorry if they're too big in size

Best moment.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
What's so 2017 about it? The swearing? Pretty sure Pulp Fiction came out in 1995.

Just that it's a "photorealistic" (but stylized) CGI movie with intensive voice acting that might as well be some Pixar thing, instead of PS2 era mid-tier cutscene direction.

It looks like a modern game, is all.

Phu

Banned
Ancel literally walks on stage with tears of joy to talk about his baby and people in here already decrying the game as betraying the original without even seeing gameplay or knowing anything about the plot. Have some
fucking
faith in the man.

jdstorm

Banned
Wow. This trailer just... wow.

It may be a Beyond Good and Evil continuation. Yet somehow it managed to become the lovechild of Borderlands, Star Wars 1313 and GTA while still maintaining its own unique world and charm.

Game of E3. As of right now.

Jacob4815

Some info from Guillemot on the Youtube show:

• Collaborative with fans and people who can have an impact (something very important for Ancel)
  • It's not funding by fans, it's creative collaboration with fans and reiterate based on feedback and suggestions
  • 3 years working on a new engine
    [

• So the fans wanted a prequel and a multiplayer game. Ok.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Why haven't they announced platforms? Maybe Sony is showing it later + announcing it as exclusive?

this is big enough to warrant the reveal & surprise at sonys presser if so

thankfully, this will likely be multiplat like most ubi games

lets be real - bg&e2 deserves better hardware than a ps4

sjay1994

Honestly, if this is open world then this has been my dream setting for this genre.

A futuristic city with flying cars. Like I know this is CG, but man this could legitimately be gorgeus if its getting proper funding from ubi.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Ancel literally walks on stage with tears of joy to talk about his baby and people in here already decrying the game as betraying the original without even seeing gameplay or knowing anything about the plot. Have some
fucking
faith in the man.

This!

Yarbskoo

Honestly, if this is open world then this has been my dream setting for this genre.

A futuristic city with flying cars. Like I know this is CG, but man this could legitimately be gorgeus if its getting proper funding from ubi.

Seriously, where are all the open world games with tall cities and flying cars? What's the point of video games if you just keep remaking the same real life cities over and over.

Not sure why most are excited about this. This isn't Beyond Good & Evil. This is something else and Ubisoft/Ancel just threw the BG&E name on it to grab interest. No Jade and Pey'j. No thanks.

Pygrus

So the fans wanted a prequel and a multiplayer game. Ok.

I'm a fan of the first game and all I wanted was a game that takes place in the same setting the first game laid out. I honestly wouldn't mind a less narrative driven game that is more about exploration or crazy environments.

The original story wasn't even that amazing, the characters and environment brought it all together. All I need is some gameplay, but I'm going to choose to have faith that the game will be a worthy successor to the name.

fucking
faith in the man.
Been saying this. He's got this.

fucking
faith in the man.

Yep, I'm fully on board.

Jayveer

I'm a bit upset about this, I've gotten past the whole effing and blinding stuff and wouldn't mind it in a bg&e game. But I'm very sceptical of this 'shared universe' idea and the possibly early access idea. I was hoping just for a game that played similar to the first, even if it was a prequel.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
Poll needs another option.

"It was just a fucking CG trailer."

Kadayi

Banned
fucking
faith in the man.

They explained what the game was going to be. The key points are in the actual OP

• Story takes place before the birth of Jade.
  • Play the adventure by yourself or with friends in a vast and seamless online playground.
  • Explore mysterious cities by yourself or with friends.
  • Helm massive star fairing vessels.
  • Travel across space at the speed of light.

Clearly, not what some people would want from a sequel to what was ostensively a 3D puzzle platformer, with a beloved heroine.

The notion that creators are above criticism is for the birds. If it's ok to shit on Lucas, it's ok to shit on Ancel.

Dreez

Daaamn is this the Cowboy Bebop game I've been waiting for? 😍😍😍 (never played the first one)

While I'm excited that the game was finally spoken of again, I'm not believing that it exists until I see a gameplay trailer. I'm not getting my hopes up again.

I mean, in 2003 the core audience were teenagers, whereas now they're 30.

That would be a perfect argument if the original had curse words and the upcoming game didn't. Does anyone over 15 really watch anything with a lot of cursing and think "this is so cool" instead of rolling their eyes?

Ran rp

I'm really going to need to see some gameplay soon before I can continue to be excited

Lest...

Regarding the character models, the team has spent a lot of effort to minimize the difference between the low and high quality versions. Because of this, both versions of the models are largely the same, except the hair quality is a lot better in the higher quality ones. This allows for a much more unified look when it comes to cutscene and gameplay transitions. Combat in Beyond Good & Evil 2 will be dynamic, complete with changing situations to keep gameplay interesting.

Ancel revealed an interesting feature that will be present in Beyond Good & Evil 2: the ability to take photos. Players will have their own smartphone, and will have the ability to take pictures anywhere they want to.

As for the game’s development status, Ancel says that because there are so many new challenges, development remains focused on the core staff members, however preparations to enter mass production are proceeding.

Voice recording is also gradually being done. There are several scenes with characters all talking to each other at once in a natural conversation, with voices overlapping. These sessions are recorded with all the actors in the room simultaneously, rather than on a single person basis typical to most other games.

As for the next time we will learn about Beyond Good & Evil 2, Ancel says that the date has been set, but he declined to say when exactly that was. He apologizes for the extremely long wait that fans have had to endure, promising that the next update will come with some substantial information.

Osahi

Lol. First time in years I don't watch Ubu's conference live, they win E3 :p

would have loved a sequel with Jade though...

Top Bottom