• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Network Stress Test client available to download on NA PSN

Stimpack

If you do a running jump and let go of the left stick you land without doing a roll which has it's own animation, only with small jumps though, with higher jumps you automatically roll.

Gbraga

Never played a stress test before, so it's hard for me to compare it to anything, I don't know how much of the level is locked and all that, but honestly, I'm not impressed.

Anyone else feel the graphics are a bit average? Blurry textures all over the place, although the scale is great. Plays faster than the previous dark souls games, but feels like bloodborne has infuenced this heavily.

i feel u ^ but honestly the fun in souls games comes from saving your progress, getting more souls and items and customizing your character; as a stand alone arcade game like the demo is it's not really going to give you any satisfaction compared to when you're going to have access to an enormous pile of things to do and get. the demo is pretty cool for pvp at least even though it's unbalanced.

You're right, the progress you go through with your character has always been the major fun in Souls games for me now that I think about it. I Never actually been a fan of the PvP, always been more of a PvE guy, so it's definitely the reason why I havn't been impressed as much as I thought I would with the beta, you've hit the nail on the head with that post.

Pie and Beans

Look for me on the local news, I'll be the guy arrested for trying to burn down a Nintendo exec's house.
They really need to just... take backstabs out of online PVP. Nothing hurts more than a lag-stab.

Also the torch anim thing is hilarious. Its like the Bikers from Streets Of Rage 2 doing the arm pump motions in the background of inside the truck. In PVP I tried to lead a group up to the red eyed Knight, but they nuked him and then formed an arena with 2 people blocking the exit of the passageway constantly doing the torch dance, while I battled one on one.

Anyone else feel the graphics are a bit average? Blurry textures all over the place, although the scale is great. Plays faster than the previous dark souls games, but feels like bloodborne has infuenced this heavily.

I've only seen the streams and the game is still in development and even then I actually thought it looks really good.

I wasn't going to complain about it, but it wouldn't hurt.

Like, I mean, I'm sure there are plenty of people asking for the testing times. It should certainly be in the OP.

So I guess it's not known?

Edit: Found it. Thanks Reddit.

Asia (Japan)

Test #1

Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. JST

Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. GMT

Test #2

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. JST

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. GMT

Test #3

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. JST

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 11:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. GMT
EMEA/Oceania

Test #1

Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST

Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT

Test #2

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT

Test #3

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. CEST

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. GMT
Americas

Test #1

Friday, October 16th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT

Test #2

Saturday, October 17th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT

Test #3

Sunday, October 18th, 2015 at 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. PDT

Hypron

Nevermind me, I'm a idiot. It's definitely L3 :p

I know I'm a day late but I must apologise for this because I was the first one who said jumping was on R3 instead of L3, I must have confused you too haha. It seems I can't tell my left from my right.

105.Will

So, did people who were getting the error when entering the code to psn get in? I had the client installed already and cant get into the servers now. wasn't around last night so just wondering.

wowzors

I downloaded the stress test before I got my code and then typed in my code and I can't log in. Oh well, sounds like its nothing special anyways.

konjak

Anyone able to answer my curiosity? I wanna know if you can cast a spell that costs more than your remaining mana, like endurance works?

is the bg report page bugged for anyone? I clicked the bug report button after signing in and i can entner anything. it just has a string of the letters en repating

If anyone wants to try and use this code go aheaahead, I don't think it redeemed on my account.

Quote to see the code.

Whoever uses the code will also need your Email id and registration number to register their PSN id's to get whitelisted. Won't work otherwise. Didn't take the code myself.

Eusis

If anyone wants to try and use this code go aheaahead, I don't think it redeemed on my account.

Quote to see the code.

Whoever uses the code will also need your Email id and registration number to register their PSN id's to get whitelisted. Won't work otherwise. Didn't take the code myself.
woudl love to have that by the way! Especially as I got the early download so even if the code got taken I'd be good to go.

...turn up sharpness?

....turn off overscanning?

...I don't know. It doesn't look blurry to me.

Breads

Banned
I think I'm done here. If I could cleanly pass off my access I would. It's not that there is anything against the content provided - it's just that at 4 hours I think I've done everything there is to do with all four character builds.

Eusis

I think I'm done here. If I could cleanly pass off my access I would. It's not that there is anything against the content provided - it's just that at 4 hours I think I've done everything there is to do with all four character builds.
It's also why I questioned if it was really a good idea to whitelist for the WHOLE beta period rather than just go for better PR and only do it the first day. People will grow tired of the content and to keep it going strong you would want those people who got it outside of the lottery.

Top Bottom