• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destructoid "Call of Duty Ghosts performs smoothly on Xbox One"

Ok.
ibz4KQ3aABtCnT.gif
It's smooth as long as you don't do constant 180s

SRTtoZ

This doesn't make sense to me. The encode is forcing dropped frames under the exact same situations multiple times? I could believe a stutter here and there but this is replicable.

Exactly. The stuttering happens in the same spot during the video, when he turns and paces, every time. Wouldn't there be random slowdown everywhere if the video was somehow fucked?

Kinyou

The gifs came from a video.
Gifs usually have reduced frames or else the file size explodes. And even when none were removed there's no telling if it's slightly sped up or slowed down

It's not like the video the GIF was taken from is any different, so yeah, sure, why not?

The framerate sucks, no need for denial.
Just hoping that we stay with the actual videos when it's about fps and not start throwing gifs around

Respawn

Banned
So ignore the video of the Xbox One version running, ignore the videos of the game stuttering even on SLI'd Titans, ignore the tweet from the journo saying the Xbox One version runs worse than the PS4 version,instead ignoring what your eyes see and listening to the vague opinion of some random journo who only played this version briefly?

He finds it hard to fathom his console of choice can be such a downer.

Well DF will be doing its thing after X1 launch right?

Nerokis

Uhhhh, the only version that didn't launch at the same time as the others is the Xbox One version. Plenty of people have the PS4 version already (including me).

I can't believe you confessed to buying this garbage just for the purpose of nitpicking my post.

Okay, you got me.

I understand, alright? I was more invested in the unwarranted trolling of the OP than I am in this game. Honestly, I only had a vague idea the PS3/360/Wii U versions were out.

daman824

The digital foundry for this game is going to be hilarious. I expect a rage filled thread and disappointment on every version.
It's going to be non stop Infinity Ward bashing. And I kind of feel sorry for them. Activision probably treated them like shit and forced them to spread their resources too thin.

Gammacide

It's funny to me that people are nitpicking over resolution and framerate for a game that has done absolutely fuck all to truly call itself "next-gen" and has instead remained in the same old worn-out trappings of last-gen gaming. Lackluster presentation of an unambitious game...which sadly people will still buy of course. :-\

Not sure how anyone can see anything happening with this that is a good outcome.

If this story is true and fps is bad on ps4. Then why make ps4 version 1080? If its true xb1 frame rate is smooth. Then why does iw suck so bad? The 360 version runs smoothly.

Its a loose loose. The PC info is the biggest slap in the face. Iw bit off more than they could chew.

Mr Moose

I understand, alright? I was more invested in the unwarranted trolling of the OP than I am in this game. Honestly, I only had a vague idea the PS3/360/Wii U versions were out.

What sucks is, I can't even play it until the 29th lol :(

Or is that a good thing? Since the game drops frames, maybe they'll fix it by then? can they fix it with a patch? hmm...

Demon Ice

Banned
Let's not create excuses for IW and watching those videos I doubt it's too much to render.

I'm not creating an excuse for IW at all. I'm responding to your claim that the video is not a reliable judge of frame rate because it's on Youtube.

Youtube can introduce a stutter into uploads, but I highly doubt that stutter would coincidentally line up in a consistent spot like it does in that video. It's when he stands on top of that truck and pans over the entire map.

Also, the entirety of CoD Ghosts doesn't look like it should be hard to render, but the performance issues on PC clearly demonstrate IW did not optimize the game at all.

Plenty of evidence right in front of you but you are ignoring it.

badb0y

This game seems to run like shit regardless of platform.

Can't wait for the side-by-side video comparisons.

Imtey

Banned
1) The premise of the article is weak. He played one multiplayer match.
2) I do not take technical advice from people who can't tell the difference between 720p and 1080p.
3) Anyone who says "solid 60 fps" and Call of Duty is, usually, a momo.
4) I FUCKIN' LOVE PUGS

That, thread derailers, is how you trash a crap article.

Next person to troll the OP with garbage will be banned until Xbox Two comes out.

Awww i thought u were one of the fun mods :(

BigDug13

It's funny to see people still choosing a platform for a game that should be off EVERYONE's radar.

Game is garbage and is a step down in every way from the previous entries.

FordGTGuy

Banned
I'm not creating an excuse for IW at all. I'm responding to your claim that the video is not a reliable judge of frame rate because it's on Youtube.

Youtube can introduce a stutter into uploads, but I highly doubt that stutter would coincidentally line up in a consistent spot like it does in that video. It's when he stands on top of that truck and pans over the entire map.

Also, the entirety of CoD Ghosts doesn't look like it should be hard to render, but the performance issues on PC clearly demonstrate IW did not optimize the game at all.

Plenty of evidence right in front of you but you are ignoring it.

Uh I'm not ignoring it and that evidence proves nothing as it can't prove the Destructoid writer wrong, the only thing that would is actual footage of what he played.

The Youtube footage could easily be a old build, different gamemode or a different map and all three could make a huge difference.

This game seems to run like shit regardless of platform.

Can't wait for the side-by-side video comparisons.

Why do people keep saying this? It apparently runs great on X360 but that's about it.

KOMANI

KOMANI
It's funny to me that people are nitpicking over resolution and framerate for a game that has done absolutely fuck all to truly call itself "next-gen" and has instead remained in the same old worn-out trappings of last-gen gaming. Lackluster presentation of an unambitious game...which sadly people will still buy of course. :-\

yep. They even recycles a cutscene from a past Call of Duty.

Metfanant

so you have people saying the PS4 has some framerate drops....and people saying it doesnt....

anddddd

we have people saying the Xbone has framerate drops...and people saying it doesnt....

...sounds about right....

If they have to drop the resolution and framerate for it to look good, then that's a problem.

Also, I suggest you download the recent Killzone Shadow Fall footage and watch it.

Most console games are 30 FPS so I don't know if it really counts as dropping the framerate when it's the standard. Certainly a shame it's not 60 but as long as It's a consistent 30 FPS I don't really think it's an issue.

And I have and it's looks very impressive, especially for multiplayer! Still think Ryse seems to be doing a lot more and is really on another level. Of course as we've mentioned the framerate is only 30 which should be taken into account.
50 Mbps direct download footage of Ryse if we're going to start throwing links around.
Here

It's funny to see people still choosing a platform for a game that should be off EVERYONE's radar.

Game is garbage and is a step down in every way from the previous entries.

This guys got it. People are missing the point on these cross Gen games. They are bad mostly. Rushed and apparently spread thin across 5+ platforms.

SRTtoZ

How can someone say the frame rate is smooth when it looks like this?

They are arguing about the integrity of the video, but the fact that it happens in the same spot on top of that truck while turning every time seems to confirm it has drops below 30 fps.

Hex

Banned
So we have Manabyte tweeting that it runs worse on Xbox One, people glossed over it, this person writes after playing one match that it was flawless and everyone takes it as scripture...
I am subscribing just to see what comes next.

KOMANI

KOMANI
Uh I'm not ignoring it and that evidence proves nothing as it can't prove the Destructoid writer wrong, the only thing that would is actual footage of what he played.

The Youtube footage could easily be a old build, different gamemode or a different map and all three could make a huge difference.

Why do people keep saying this? It apparently runs great on X360 but that's about it.

but you can look at a video and make a judgement for yourself. Whereas you have to have faith in the author who wrote the article. You should take both with a grain of salt, but who thing is physical evidence, and the other is an opinion.

So we have Manabyte tweeting that it runs worse on Xbox One, people clossed over it, this person writes after playing one match that it was flawless and everyone takes it as scripture...
I am subscribing just to see what comes next.

Who is taking it as scripture? There seems to be far more distrust of the article than ravenous defense.

It looks pretty awful on a PC with all the settings turned up, too.
That seems like a bit much, doesn't really compare to BF4 but it looks quite nice and has some great textures. Certainly a step up from other CoD games.

Atlas157

Most console games are 30 FPS so I don't know if it really counts as dropping the framerate when it's the standard. Certainly a shame it's not 60 but as long as It's a consistent 30 FPS I don't really think it's an issue.

And I have and it's looks very impressive, especially for multiplayer! Still think Ryse seems to be doing a lot more and is really on another level. Of course as we've mentioned the framerate is only 30 which should be taken into account.
50 Mbps direct download footage of Ryse if we're going to start throwing links around.
Here

Already saw it.

I never said it looked bad. But for an exclusive game that should be taking all the power they can currently squeeze out of the XB1, it SHOULD be 1080p at 60fps.

Maybe they just lowered the resolution and framerate to make it look good, I dunno.

Top Bottom