• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fallout 4: Far Harbor IOTI Point Lookout 2: Synthetic Boogaloo

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
I finished everything in Far Harbor but I guess I'll give this new download a shot.

Oh man...

The memory thing
might be the most tedious thing I have ever had to do in a game...
Hopefully you realized that you can store the boxes and don't have to manually carry them around individually.

N° 2048

all 5 took me an hour total.

I also have thousands of hours in minecraft

Hopefully you realized that you can store the boxes and don't have to manually carry them around individually.

Yerp, makes it so much easier.

Damn Richter's armor looks so cool. I need that.

EDIT: Got it, but they didn't sell the right leg ugh

Just been to the Vim Factory. Man this place was huge. I don't know how much time I spent there.

Oh man...

The memory thing
might be the most tedious thing I have ever had to do in a game...
It's so bad. Just boring and uninteresting and completely kills all forward momentum that the DLC has. I can understand the want to do something different. It'd be one thing to have one or two of the memories but 5? Fuck. Off.

Maybe you guys can explain this issue for me. I do game sharing in my house on my two Xbox Ones. My living room console is the primary console, my office console is the away console.

No Fallout 4 dlc is working on the living room console. It shows up under the add-ons menu in game, but the season pass and individual dlc doesn't show up under the manage game section.

In game, the dlc doesn't ever activate or work.

Does the season pass or dlc not work with game Sharing?

There is no way this should have been 25 dollars. I did every quest in there, except one you have to randomly find on the radio, in a few nights

mujun

I got Far Harbor for free on Xbox One along with the base game. Thanks Microsoft!

Anyway, I was enjoying it right up until the
hacking
part. Left the island immediately. Not doing that shit. Almost gave up on the game with the base building part when doing the Minutemen quest line, too.

Ok I just finished the DLC. Really liked it but it was no master piece. It's on par with DLCs like Point Lookout and other F3/NV DLCs.
The main quest was very cool though. Dima was a very interesting character and some of the story twists were really cool.

I replaced Tektus with a synth and now made peace with all 3 fractions, something which I wanted to do.
But I'm a little confused. After I recovered all of Dimas memories the quest told me to confront him about all of this things but I could only talk to him about the thing with captain avery. I would have really liked to know more about the nuclear codes and the fod condenser shut down. Is this a bug that the game couldn't let me confront Dima about that?

Are there any super cool hidden secrets or things in this DLC I really need to check out? Is there something hidden in the ocean? The diver suit is pretty cool but you still can't see shit underwater

Ashtar

I finished everything in Far Harbor but I guess I'll give this new download a shot.

This part was so bad my wife made me play it for her, truth be told it's the most aggressively anti fun thing I can think of in a game I've played after trying to figure it out for awhile I just gave up and started using YouTube wasn't until the end I realized you could stock up on bricks smdh

Hollycat

So disappointed in this dlc. "Larger than shivering isles" certainly not content wise. So little worthwhile content. For a moment I got excited by the red death boss but that didn't last long. The vault is okay, but the mariner is the best thing on the island sadly.
Even with stocking up the memory part sucks

N° 2048

They duped us guys. Caught under the wheels of Bethesda's god-like PR machine.
"We will support Fallout 4 for years with DLC"
What a joke.

and I'm the guy with Fallout shirts, Funko Pops, PipBoy Special Edition, Season's Pass, pins, stickers. I bought Fallout 4 three times as well, PC, PS4 digital to play @ 12am release date and physical CE edition.
My apartment is 80% Fallout merch.
As one of the biggest (IMO) Fallout fans ever, the Fallout 4 DLC was disappointing.

All the wasteland workshop DLCs minus Vault DLC should have been DAY 1 IN THE GAME.
/angry rant over.

has the framerate been fixed yet (ps4)?

Yes by removing most of the fog that the DLC is based around.
"Fixed"

jesu

Are there any super cool hidden secrets or things in this DLC I really need to check out? Is there something hidden in the ocean? The diver suit is pretty cool but you still can't see shit underwater

There is an unmarked quest on Cranberry Island down in the South East.
It's worth checking out.

Pakoe

They duped us guys.
"We will support Fallout 4 for years with DLC"
What a joke.

and I'm the guy with Fallout shirts, Funko Pops, PipBoy Special Edition, Season's Pass, pins, stickers. I bought Fallout 4 three times as well, PC, PS4 digital to play @ 12am release date and physical CE edition.
My apartment is 80% Fallout merch.
As one of the biggest (IMO) Fallout fans ever, the Fallout 4 DLC was disappointing.

All the wasteland workshop DLCs minus Vault DLC should have been DAY 1 IN THE GAME.
/angry rant over.

Yes by removing most of the fog that the DLC is based around.
"Fixed"

Couldn't agree more.

Welp just found the last location, did all the quests, got all the unique weapons and armor that I could find. Unfortunately the DLC left a bit to be desired. It's a shame they are stopping after Nuka World. What wasted opportunity for DLC. They are in New England and can only muster up two decent sized DLCs and Automatron, then waste the rest away on workshop stuff that mods could have handled. Such a shame after playing the amazing DLCs of New Vegas, and the decent DLCs of FO3.

Thankfully I'm not even close to finishing the base game yet, so excited to go back to mainland and explore around some more.

GavinUK86

Anyone using any cool mods that work with Far Harbor? Checked the mod thread but it's dead in there.

I'm just messing around now because I've cleared everything.

I feel cozier in far harbor, I like its community more

It feels like an actual hideout where people are coping with dangers of the outdoors and I feel like there are good leaders in the community that are pretty cool and you can count on them to save your ass from monsters

I like how the quests make me skeptical and unsure what's going on, I feel involved

If only the main story quest were this good

I feel cozier in far harbor, I like its community more

It feels like an actual hideout where people are coping with dangers of the outdoors and I feel like there are good leaders in the community that are pretty cool and you can count on them to save your ass from monsters

I like how the quests make me skeptical and unsure what's going on, I feel involved

If only the main story quest were this good

Yes

Yes

Yes

Far Harbor was really good. But somehow I didn't feel too satisfied with it in the end. I don't know why.

So disappointed in this dlc. "Larger than shivering isles" certainly not content wise. So little worthwhile content. For a moment I got excited by the red death boss but that didn't last long. The vault is okay, but the mariner is the best thing on the island sadly.
Even with stocking up the memory part sucks

Where is the vault on the island?

Ricker

I hate going to YouTube for stuff but this retrieve memory bullshit is pissing me off to no end...even seeing how its done I dont feel like doing it...might just travel to Nuka World and not finish this shit.

The quest in the vault to gather clues is glitched for me and I cant finish it,just like one of the optional quest for the Children of Atom.

Top Bottom