• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF Justice League (F2P Fantasy Football) 2014 |OT| Now with tiers! Still with tears

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arkos

Nose how to spell and rede to
Awesome I got in Thanks guys! 5th not bad

Welcome :) we always enjoy clever names too (Irritable Bowe Syndrome, nice)

It seems that GJLP and GJL3 are full and ready to fuckin go. GJL2 is just waiting on OJ (who I am in contact with) and sangreal (who joined GJL3 but got bumped to GJL2 so we're waiting for him to rejoin). We are almost there. I can taste it.

Notes:
1. Everybody think about auction drafting next year. Look into it, learn what it is, form an opinion. Still snake this year
2. That's it for now. Party, I guess.

Arkos

Yeah my team name from last year we'll see who I get this year and if I can come up with a better name... Bowe will NOT be on my team this year lol

Hahaha Vyer's team had Arian Foster in the name last year. Might be bad luck

If you guys have some waitlisted extras I'm running a 14-16 team Fantasy Football league with a $35 buy-in, Top 8 make playoffs Top 4 Paid. PM me if you want in.

Jayhawk

I vastly prefer auction drafts over snake drafts, but I absolutely do not want to do an auction draft without having it agreed upon by everybody in the league before joining.

Auction drafts on Yahoo and ESPN are pretty easy to manipulate when there are AFK autopickers.

Arkos

If you guys have some waitlisted extras I'm running a 14-16 team Fantasy Football league with a $35 buy-in, Top 8 make playoffs Top 4 Paid. PM me if you want in.

007BGO_Rob_Corddry_003.jpg

You trying to poach my skaters bro?
jk, check the on deck circle on page 1, we only have one person currently waiting

I vastly prefer auction drafts over snake drafts, but I absolutely do not want to do an auction draft without having it agreed upon by everybody in the league before joining.

Auction drafts on Yahoo and ESPN are pretty easy to manipulate when there are AFK autopickers.

I think this is the right idea. Maybe keep an eye out during this year's draft, I bet we'll still have AFK people (just because of schedules or whatever), see if you think it would be enough to mess up an auction draft (I'm assuming the experience this year will be more indicative of how the league will run year-to-year from here on out than last year was)

Everyone has almost joined GJL2. Once OJ joins I'll set the draft order and finalize divisions and schedules (in the next day or two)

Arkos

Everyone has joined. Here is the GJL2 draft order:

Tong Po [OJdaKiller]
OGF (7-9) [Vyer]
Team Boss (7-9) [LQX]
Stupendous Men (6-10) [Arkos] G
Stonking Great Hits [Clobersaurus]
Cunning Creepers (8-8) [SuicideUZI]
Fletcher [Fletcher]
Rabid Lobsters [Mazre]
Blair Walsh Project (8-8) [smokeymicpot]
Welker Texas Ranger (8-8) [DarkFlow]
Sangreal's Team [sangreal]
Jammy Gits (7-9) [Jamie OD]

Important note: Yahoo is displaying the draft times in PST. They are supposed to be in EST (or maybe it's EDT, fuck daylight saving's time though). So, the drafts are supposed to be at 7:30 EST (or whatever). That's 4:30 PST. So, discuss amongst yourselves I guess. GJL2 is at 7:30 EST unless somebody has a problem.

Important note: Yahoo is displaying the draft times in PST. They are supposed to be in EST (or maybe it's EDT, fuck daylight saving's time though). So, the drafts are supposed to be at 7:30 EST (or whatever). That's 4:30 PST. So, discuss amongst yourselves I guess. GJL2 is at 7:30 EST unless somebody has a problem.

For GJLP, the draft time is 7:30 PST. If anyone wants to change it, bring it up. Doesn't matter to me what time it is since I'm on vacation during that week, tho

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For GL3, I was thinking anywhere between 8pm-9pm est. Give any west coasters ample time. Let me know what you guys think.

That draft pick sucks... I'm pretty much fucked out of top tier RB from the get go. Super.

It's PPR man, you'll be fine. Ask Straw Hat Pirates (Jayhawk), who dominated last years' GJL1 with Danny Woodhead and a Saints RB as his starters. Just get a decent RB1 and grab a top 5 WR and you'll be good

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For GL3:

Draft order has been set

Doof United[darkiguana]
Team Dutti [Dabushman]
Turd Blossoms [Vyer's friend]
kelika beasts [kelik]
Irritable Bowe Syndrome [Rudakus]
ShinRPGamer F.C. [ShinRPGamer]
Matt's Team [CouldBeWorse]
ccb fan Team of ??? (kin) [ccbfan]
Aldon's Airlines [thebigmanjosh]
Password is Taco [GK86] O
Blahoholics [cr_blah_blah]
Toronto Maple Leafs [Samyy]

The draft time is 9pm EDT (can be changed)
The schedule is 13 games (playoffs week 14-16). Everyone within their division plays an opponent twice except one team will only be played once. Play against the other division teams a total of four times.

This is the random schedule given to us by Yahoo. I was thinking of bringing the total inter-division games down to three, so that it will be even of 2 games across the division games. What do you guys think?

rCIZZLE

Well I dun goofed lol. Haven't been on gaf much lately but I'm really active in my fantasy leagues. Oh well, maybe I'll jump back in next year.

Good luck everybody!

DarkFlow

Banned
Hey, so I was looking at the league draft thing. How is that random list going to work, the league thing says this.

Order of selection will be randomly determined approximately 30 minutes before the start of the draft.

Can you override that?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Hey, so I was looking at the league draft thing. How is that random list going to work, the league thing says this.

Can you override that?

You can set a the order of the draft before hand. So yes, it can be overridden.

sangreal

yikes @ draft order

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Okay just checking. I didn't want the order to be set, then it get all crazy when we start. Also me and you have the same draft spot, woooo hoooo.

I was hoping for a pick at the bottom. Have you already started compiling lists and whatnot?

I have to start doing some practice draft soon.

Vyer

WyhZ1WW.jpg

Sunday's gonna be a rough one. lol

Also found out I'll be at a beach house that day, so I'll have to draft through my phone app. FUUUUUUU

Arkos

Are we adding a -1 penalty to missed FGs and PATs?

I think that sounds like a good idea, good catch (again). Last year's rules had -1 for every FG missed, I'm not sure if that included PAT's, it didn't have an explicit option for it.

What say you guys, I think -1 for every missed FG is a must at least, how about the -1 for missed PAT? Is the PAT longer this year? If so then it might make more sense. Or we could go -0.5 for missed PAT's

Sunday's gonna be a rough one. lol

Also found out I'll be at a beach house that day, so I'll have to draft through my phone app. FUUUUUUU

Aww *checks leagues* nevermind, haha!

I think that sounds like a good idea, good catch (again). Last year's rules had -1 for every FG missed, I'm not sure if that included PAT's, it didn't have an explicit option for it.

What say you guys, I think -1 for every missed FG is a must at least, how about the -1 for missed PAT? Is the PAT longer this year? If so then it might make more sense. Or we could go -0.5 for missed PAT's

There was a penalty for missed attempts last year too.

Vyer

I'm good with adding the penalty. Just as long as we get all our scoring set *before* the league starts this time. ;p

Funny thing about that schedule is those are all GAF leagues

Arkos

I'm good with adding the penalty. Just as long as we get all our scoring set *before* the league starts this time. ;p

Funny thing about that schedule is those are all GAF leagues

Yes we will :) and daaamn you're getting around huh?

Arkos

Mmmmmmmmm love spread aaaaarrrrrrhhhhh

GJL2 Briefing

1. Draft order, divisions, and schedules have all been set.
2. Draft time is 7:30 EDT Sunday August 31st (just a reminder)
3. -1 for missed kicks added

We should be all set. If you notice anything else that should be changed point it out, we can't change the rules after kickoff (don't worry about playoffs, we'll figure that out later).

Mmmmmmmmm love spread aaaaarrrrrrhhhhh

GJL2 Briefing

1. Draft order, divisions, and schedules have all been set.
2. Draft time is 7:30 EDT Sunday August 31st (just a reminder)
3. -1 for missed kicks added

We should be all set. If you notice anything else that should be changed point it out, we can't change the rules after kickoff (don't worry about playoffs, we'll figure that out later).
Oops, changed. Thanks.

So the official draft times for each league are...

P: 7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central
2: 7:30 Eastern/6:30 Central
3: 8:00 Eastern/7:00 Central

...?

The league managers or at least premier should PM gaf members the changed time. Wasn't it 9:30pm central before?

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
I will PM everyone in GL3 in 20 mins or so. Give them the heads up on the draft order, schedule, and any other changes.

Edit- Does anyone in GL3 have any thoughts of the draft date and time?

Auctions are easily more fun once you get the hang of them and know how to budget properly.

Yeah I definitely agree. I do want to see how things change once you actually have a room full of people. In the mocks I've done, people usually drop out around round 9, and then you can get most players after that (like Romo....) for literally $1

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
For GL3: I said 8pm est for draft day, but apparently there isn't a 8pm time slot available. I assumed since there was one for Friday, that it would be the case for every day. I should have checked beforehand and I apologize. I'm setting the draft time to 7:45pm est. So it isn't too far from the original time.

DarkFlow

Banned
Yeah I definitely agree. I do want to see how things change once you actually have a room full of people. In the mocks I've done, people usually drop out around round 9, and then you can get most players after that (like Romo....) for literally $1

That's pretty normal. People tend to spend big in the first few rounds, then have to penny pinch the rest of the way.

Vyer

Been trying some auction mocks. It's great, but man do things take a nosedive when people start dropping at the bots take over.

Just put everyone's info in a randomizer. Here is everyone's draft order in GJLP:

1. Putin Karate Chop (12-3) [SleazyC]
2. Chip United (12-3) [Notrollious] O
3. beats by ray (9-7) [youngplaya21] O
4. Corporate Peezy LLC (8-8) [Future Foundation]
5. Straw Hat Pirates (11-4) [Jayhawk]
6. Bonethug's Skullcrackers (11-5) [Bonethug]
7. First Name Russell... (12-4) [iAmMaximus]
8. rob's legit team (11-5) [Omega Rex] G
9. 50 shades of forte (9-6) [lastflowers]
10. FrankGoreWaifuPillow (10-6) [Rawr its Ry]
11. Ayahuasca Shamans (9-7) [ErasureAcer]
12. Mo Honey Mo Problems (7-8) [Teptom]

I just copied and pasted the OP, entered in Random.org, and these are the results

Beats being stuck in the 5-7 range. I think I can do work with this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom