• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTA V (New-Gen) Snapmatic / Photo thread

8oln7PPmJUOcUqoBGfpqcw_0_0.jpg

3Tr9EWcwGE-RiEBvtyBevQ_0_0.jpg

OycuCSLxPUScwY2a3hwGAQ_0_0.jpg

13VQRWCxgU2u1KrgJwH6tQ_0_0.jpg

daaaamn kyan ... these nature shots
thanks. i put a bunch of hours into them or posting them the last few years.

game is so beautiful now... i can't stop taking pictures
This game world's realism and believability is the gold standard. Look at how much people have just taking photos in the game.

GTAVI doesn't even need to do much differently in terms of detail. It will be more about increased use of physics, and more PBR (which there is already some of in GTAV). The next big thing would probably be either adding seasons, or making a significant number of buildings with accessible interiors. They probably got to start to automate world-building too because it seems rather costly to make this big world. And I guess improve online.

But all in all, no reason to re-invent, just build up.
yeah with the 5 years (and 1 year photographing Los Angeles) they spent building the world, it'd be such a waste to abandon it...

like a MMO or something, they should just keep building on it for GTA VI or GTAO... like, new characters, even new decade, whatever is OK but keep the world map, and expand into San Ferrio, Los Venturas, whatever. hell, it could even be Vice City or LC next game and they could still let us 'fly' to the SA map

while the geometry of the GTA5 character models clearly don't need to be reused... I think a good case could be made for the geometry and assets of the game world still existing within VI and even VII maybe

they don't even have to add gameplay content per se... just leave it there for free roam, for GTAO

Man this thread may as well be an advertising campaign. Told myself I was gonna hold off for a while but you sold me gaf. Great pics.

These are all really good.

So do you guys change brightness to darken the game for those night shots? Looks awesome like this for photography (not so much for actual gameplay)

Was wondering this too. Also, can anyone explain the photo lock option thing when taking pictures?

It does exactly what it says. Experiment with it and see how it works. The easiest way to see what it does would be to zoom into a parked car so the background becomes blurry, then hold the lock and look at said background. It'll stay blurry instead of refocusing. Using this in different ways makes for some nice shots.

Lrrr

No way to easily view these on the PS4 HDD after capturing them, hey folks?

Not if you capture it with the in-game phone, no.

Was wondering this too. Also, can anyone explain the photo lock option thing when taking pictures?

'Focus Lock' allows you to maintain focus on a specific subject (or focal plane) even if you point your camera away from it. As an example, here's a picture of mine:

B9yrXyF0_EKracKz17cyVw_0_0.jpg

When I first composed this shot, everything - including the tree in the background - was in focus. That wasn't what I wanted, so I zoomed in, focused on the flowers/grass in the foreground, held down the focus lock button and then zoomed out. Now, no matter how I recomposed my shot, those flowers/grass would remain in focus.

Minamu

Are these photos taken with the phones? Some of the cars look unbelievable! :O My photos won't come close I think.

Top Bottom