• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

House OKs $1.6B down payment for Trump’s wall

mr jones

Ethnicity is not a race!
I just want to get a little bit of clarification:

Mexico is our allies, right? We import a few goods from Mexico, right?

This won't ruffle any feathers politically, right?

We are going to build the wall and American Taxpayers are going to pay for it either through appropriations or tariffs on imported goods!

Doesn't have the same ring to it.

Trump is going to be our President for 7 more years. No impeachment will happen. His awful ideas will all come to fruition. Nothing will come from him rigging the election and teaming up with Russia during his campaign.

I'm starting to wonder if my donations to the ACLU are doing anything.

TalonJH

Welp
giphy.gif

Should be posted with a date stamp. This aired in the year 2000. That's 18 years ago. It's insane.

sangreal

this was a bill that they literally created just to say they passed it and make their base happy

they have no expectation of it going anywhere in the senate

this isn't wishful thinking -- they've said as much

it's nothing

jelly

I'm just waiting for Trump building contractors or his mafia pals to get the contracts...

What a joke. Get this scumbag out of office.

psyfi

Banned
We could be feeding and housing people with that money. Instead we bigotry and an even more militarized border.

gatling

So awful. Incredibly gross to know that people are all around us thinking this is okay. That all of this stuff is okay.

Rayis

Let him try to build his stupid wall, we'll see if he has it in him to complete it

and then he can shove it up his...

Maxinas

Yeah, more than half the population that didn't vote for Trump deserves to get fucked.

I don't see any Venezuelan level protests going on trying to get him kicked out of office by this large population you speak off. There are already reports of low voter turnout for the midterms next year. Maybe people aren't trying hard enough ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Foffy

Banned
I look at that number and wonder how many UBI pilots the country could make with that...

That would be solving real problems.

It's sad it got to this point - immagration needs to be addressed and obviously letting people in illegal is not what the country wants. If you want to streamline the process do so, but don't say we're not going to obey existing laws on the books. A comprehensive immigration and reform package would have been money way better spent!

Ithil

Frankly I think the thread title needs to be changed, saying it's for "Trump's wall" is completely misleading. It's only for 60 miles of new fencing.

hobozero

Most of this is going to go towards "planning" and "management studies" - make no mistake, some people are gonna get stupid rich off this wall, even if they never lay one brick. Companies will be paid for risk assessments, and planning meetings, and management consulting, etc etc etc. That $1.6 billion is as looted as the $23 billion Russia "paid" for the Sochi Olympics.

jay

The people who make the least in the country surely have the largest affect and wield the most power.

Fercho

Ha!!! Bring it on fucker, build it. Mexicans need a common enemy, maybe with this we can at least unite for something.

Ha!!! Bring it on fucker, build it. Mexicans need a common enemy, maybe with this we can at least unite for something.

If you need some help with the pinatas, we've got something lying around in the White House that's completely indistinguishable from Donald Trump.

Trump is going to be our President for 7 more years. No impeachment will happen. His awful ideas will all come to fruition. Nothing will come from him rigging the election and teaming up with Russia during his campaign.

Yeah, I'm of this mind too. I've lost the capacity for optimism.

What exactly do you think the ACLU does? How exactly is the ACLU going to fight the construction of 60 miles of border fencing? What American Civil Liberties are being infringed by that?

I get feeling hopeless and cynical, but the ACLU is not some superhero who's going to eventually kick the Oval Office doors in and drag Trump into the street.

Top Bottom