• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dark Soul 3 confirmed real by leaked promo art - Early 2016

FaintDeftone

It's no surprise that under Miyazaki's direction these games are superior, but anybody who thinks the game will be bad based on Dark Souls 2 is smoking dat ganja.

Blade30

Unconfirmed Member
Hes the President of From now right?

Hes got his hands on everything

Yes, that was a year ago and 2 months after the release of DS2. I'd expect that he's much more involved in Dark Souls 3 than in DS2.

Besides, the leaked screens scream for berserk, which he is obviously a big fan of.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
DS3-IGN-FINAL.jpg

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06/09/dark-souls-3-art-confirms-early-2016-release

GOIN TO LORDRAN! FUCK YEAH!

I'm seeing a thumps up and that is RUINING the picture for me.

FUCK YEAH!

People complain they will get another installment of one of the best, if not the best new franchises of the past gen?!

People complain about anything. If there was no new game they'd complain why not sooner. Who cares, it's sure to be great.

My only concern is after Bloodborne, going back to slow methodical gaming; will it grow tedious.

I'll complain about "annualization" once one of these games turn out to not be incredible.

Exactly. The thing about most master class video games is there's really only one of them. There's only one RE4. There's only one Half-Life 2. But this series consistently has given us amazing fucking games, so I for one will not be complaining about getting more until they either turn out shit instead of the amazingly designed games they are.

There's even enough differentiation between the titles as evidenced by the fact everyone has a different favorite or least favorite among them and feel pretty strongly about it too.

I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying DS2 was still pretty fucking good overall despite lore issues, floaty animations/rough hitboxes and a busted lighting system that even now only works when the torch is out (Baffling)

That game could have very easily have been far worse than it ended up being, but I do sincerely hope B team learned their lesson after DS2.

Sorry i wasnt being serious it was just a snide comment :p. I havent played ds2 yet so i dont actually now how well id stack it against the other souls game. Though i do agree the game could have been far worse.

cyba89

But Bloodborne is only on PS4 and it plays so much differently than Dark Souls I find it very hard to compare to the two or suggest they're part of the same franchise.

I can understand both sides in this discussion. While Bloodborne is different you can't deny its Souls-roots. So for some people this game was a new experience and maybe for some others not so much.

How about they just don't buy it when fatigued?

Maybe they won't buy it. Are these people not allowed to share their disappointment about this situation?

For prosperity, at this point, Pokemon is more or less a yearly franchise. Back in the 90's we had Final Fantasy VII (1997), Final Fantasy VIII (1999), Final Fantasy IX (2000), Final Fantasy X (2001) and many consider that period the golden years of the franchise.

As long as the quality is upheld I'm fine with this. There's a lack of console RPG's as it is. If I can get a new Souls game each year then I'll be happy.

Pooya

Waaaaay too soon, and explains why it looks more like a cobbled together expansion than anything new and fresh.

Damn, feels bad son :( What was once this fresh new dynamic series is into the disappointing milk zone already.

It looks like a cobbled together expansion? how? where? Did I miss anything?

Dark Souls 2 was released in March of 2014, if DS3 comes out in 2016 that's 2 years later which is fine for a sequel.

I'm not counting the DLC and next-gen ports, btw, because they don't really count.

So you don't think releasing three big DLC expansions and remastering the game takes away resources from the team? Besides a lot of programmers and designers moved over to Bloodborne after Dark Souls 2 was finished. The talk about a A and a B-team in From has been proven to be largely untrue. Unless they revently expanded the studio in a big way that I'm unaware of, this seems really soon.

Evilmaus

Yeah, really not too thrilled with this. I think Plague Of Gripes was right when he said one of the main points to the Souls series is that everything is supposed to be shrouded with mystery.
The more they reveal through Dark Souls sequels, the less interesting it becomes. Dark Souls 2 didn't make the series more interesting. If anything it just made things more convoluted.

I never wanted a sequel to Demon Souls and thankfully they made Dark Souls instead. But now I want them to move onto a different Souls game, rather than just adding to Dark Souls more and more.

Who knows? Maybe they'll do a better job this time around?

Banned
Someone needs to photoshop a cow teet in the guys left hand of that pic lol. I hope people don't burn out on souls-like games, but if they do, it's Namco's fault.

ElFly

People complain about anything. If there was no new game they'd complain why not sooner. Who cares, it's sure to be great.

My only concern is after Bloodborne, going back to slow methodical gaming; will it grow tedious.

Just get naked and wear a dagger on the off hand.

Demoskinos

Really don't mean to rain on everyones excitement here but I can't help and look at this and just wonder if they are rapidly taking this in the direction of Assassin's Creed as far as how rapidly they are putting out games. Sure, Bloodborne was an entirely different team ect....

But still...I worry.

tcrunch

background looks like anor londo calrisian to me so I edited the image for what I expect will be in the final product

hQHtBbi.png

Karl Hawk

Banned
Ahh, gotchya.

I'm honestly expecting the Dark Souls 2 team to be working on Dark Souls 3 since the other team just finished Bloodborne.

Wasn't it confirmed that Miyazaki was working on the Bloodborne expansion? Swear I read that somewhere.

It was confirmed by Shu. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've heard that details about Bloodborne's expansion will be revealed after E3.

Zyrox

EARLY 2016? I'm actually legit surprised here, thought that'd be late 2016 at best. I just hope the game doesn't lack in content. That's what I loved about DS1 and 2, the sheer variety of areas, weapons, armors, enemies and the resulting gameplay possibilities.

Damn E3 is less than a week from today. Wonder why so many games are getting announced now.

Every game wants its' day in the sun. Why announce Mirror's Edge: Catalyst and have it be covered up by fifty news pieces, when you can announce it a few days earlier and trend at the top of Twitter for a few hours?

I honestly expect Mass Effect 4 to be formally announced before E3 even starts.

Afrocious

Really don't mean to rain on everyones excitement here but I can't help and look at this and just wonder if they are rapidly taking this in the direction of Assassin's Creed as far as how rapidly they are putting out games. Sure, Bloodborne was an entirely different team ect....

But still...I worry.

Until FROM produces an atrocity similar to Assassin's Creed 3 or something fatigued like Revelations, I'm willing to ride this train.

Dark Souls 3 for President

Soriku

Early 2016 is crazy. From works fast. I'm not complaining though. Bloodborne DLC later this year and Dark Souls 3 soon afterwards will be great. Really hoping for a Bloodborne DLC trailer + Dark Souls 3 trailer at Sony's conference.

Wow these type of games are pumping out like burgers at a fast food restaurant now.

I hope it doesn't burn out the genre. At least Miyazaki is involved this time.

Adaren

Nothing will be announced at this E3.

Everything will just be confirmations / repeats of things that were announced 2 weeks earlier.

I'm sure it'll be "good" in that it'll be above average in quality, entertainment and gameplay, but you can't drag out a perpetual chain of awesome games in the same series indefinitely. Hell, even getting 4 great games in a row is almost unheard of but From figured it out. It can't run on indefinitely that way.

The Souls formula is solid enough that making "good" games would probably a breeze (glorified large DLC packs and minor combat adjustments!) that people would still enjoy, but that would immediately soil the good name of a series that's only put out GOTY-level titles to date. There's a very fine line between making content good enough that people will still gladly pay for it and making true quality content. That's how franchise fatigue starts.

Doesn't help that virtually every series that's now annualized has completely gone to hell at worst and had their reputations tarnished at best.
People complain they will get another installment of one of the best, if not the best new franchises of the past gen?!
They're special because of the blood, sweat and tears that go into them. I (and I'd venture a very large number of other members) would rather have a game every 2-3 years thatt we'd know was refined to be special than something from From cranked out every 12-18 months that was made basically just for the sake of being made.

ryseing

If by that you mean Dark Souls is one game and Bloodborne is an entirely different game, then yea, we Forza.

It's actually a good comparison. There's mainline Forza and the Horizon subseries, each now alternating years.

They're different games but still part of the same franchise. Same with Bloodborne/Souls.

Top Bottom