• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: Dark Soul 3 confirmed real by leaked promo art - Early 2016

-Horizon-

I'm on board with that

darksouls3diedvjphp.jpg

lol xD

Dark Souls 2: 2014
Dark Souls II: Scholar of the First Sin: 2015
Dark Souls 3: 2016

Is turning into another yearly franchise like Assassin's Creed, COD, and Madden?

Ill eat crow and jump off the hype train when they actually make a bad game

Till then

wrowa

Anyone expecting Miyazaki to supervise this like Dark Souls 2?

It doesn't make sense for Miyazaki to be directing this if he just finished Bloodborne, working on Bloodborne DLC, has presidential work at FROMSOFTWARE. TBH I'd think that another director is working on this with miyazaki's supervision

and its weird that this is early 2016 too...didn't the other team JUST finish the DLC and the remaster in house?

Could there be a C-Team? lol

DLC is usually done by smaller teams. The main team behind DS2 will have moved on to DS3 quite a while ago. There's also no telling whether or not Miyazaki directs the Bloodborne DLC.

Arttemis

People dont like having nice things.

I think we like having nice things... we just doubt the liklihood of things being as nice as they could when the developer pumps out DLC, another game, and another game's DLC within the "two years" they've had to create the sequel.

Is turning into another yearly franchise like Assassin's Creed, COD, and Madden?

You should have used Bllodborne at least for the 2015 slot.

It will make little sense, but at least more that what you tried.

hamchan

When you include Bloodborne it's pretty much yearly Souls games.

Which I'm ok with (for now)!

Considering one of those entries is basically just a game of the year edition...

No

I'm expecting this. Also whoever buys Bloodborne DLC gets access to Dark Souls 3 beta.

Oh hell yes. I would be in for a PVP beta that shows of the new combat.

rhandino

Banned

Dark Souls: 2011
Dark Souls II: 2014
Dark Souls III: 2016

No. Try harder.

And what with all the comments panicking about milking this franchise, acting like this is out of character for FROMSOFT of all studios.

MUnited83

For you.
Lol@people crapping about "annualization". Well, don't buy it then. Meanwhile I'll be enjoying awesome games.

I think we like having nice things... we just doubt the liklihood of things being as nice as they could when the developer pumps out DLC, another game, and another game's DLC within the "two years" they've had to create the sequel.

99% of game studios ain't working on a single project only. In a studio there's several different teams. You can a team developing a game and dlc for it while other tema makes other game.

Foffy

Banned
Who tells this game is rushed. We don't know where development started.

Bloodborne is not Dark Souls 3. And even if you count it, it's not different from what From did with the King Field series (precursor of the Soul series).

It's nothing new for From anualizing it's series. The problem is not that, the problem is when you can't maintaint the quality. So far From archieved that with the Souls games and Bloodborne.

If King's Field is any parallel, this might be good, but we're also entering new territory.

- King's Field/Demon's Souls laid a basic foundation of their gameplay systems and core ideas

- King's Field II/Dark Souls greatly expanded on these and introduced a fully interconnected world

- King's Field III/Dark Souls II seemed like major step backs from the previous games in lore, in scope, and especially in level design

- King's Field IV/Bloodborne change enough of that there is a breath of fresh air in a formula well established at the point of their releases

Very interesting to see what happens now. Currently playing Scholar of the First Sin right now (thank god for the durability patch...) and while the enemies in the core game are far more coherent and 'correct' in their placement, the level design still shows a true lack of intelligence. I am totally unversed in the expansion to the core game, so those complaints may not be valid there.

Well when that developer has over 200 employees they got to be doing something. Its not like the same people are working on everything at once so until they make a legit bad game ill eat them up.

Auctopus

The denial that this game is becoming a cash cow is purely 'cause the series is popular right now. The people who are saying FROM are pumping the games out a little too fast are speaking in concern of the franchise.

Jito

Banned
Oh ok. I saw it was $41 on Amazon today. Somewhat tempted..

Wait what? You actaully seriously thought Dark Souls 2 SOTFS was a new game? It's a game of the year re-release for next gen.

It's all in the games title man, look a little closer.

hawk2025

I'll complain about "annualization" once one of these games turn out to not be incredible.

People seem to forget that From has been releasing multiple games a year for decades.

Can't wait to dive back into the realm of dark souls. Miss all the armor and mimic chests. Bloodborne gave me a sense of trust in chests hopefully dark souls 3 squashes that trust.

shanafan

Dark Souls: 2011
Dark Souls II: 2014
Dark Souls III: 2016

No. Try harder.

And what with all the comments panicking about milking this franchise, acting like this is out of character for FROMSOFT of all studios.

You should have used Bllodborne at least for the 2015 slot.

It will make little sense, but at least more that what you tried.

I wasn't trying anything, haha, I pick up Assassin's Creed and COD each year. I have Bloodborne on PS4, and haven't played Dark Souls yet. Just curious if From Software was going down the similar path. All good times fellas ;)

Wait what? You actaully seriously thought Dark Souls 2 SOTFS was a new game? It's a game of the year re-release for next gen.

It's all in the games title man, look a little closer.

Nah, I knew it was a remaster from old gen. I have Bloodborne, and was interested in another similar game. Saw it was cheap today, that's all.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
I have no problem with things being told now at least going into e3 i know i wont get disappointed

convo

I feel like people forget FromSoft did like EIGHT Armored Core games on the PS2.
And they are catching up on their previous output already!Clearly Japanese developers need to get motivated like From once they make more games that aren't only mobile games but that is not happening so i am just happy someone there is not stopping for no one right now.

GrayChild

People complain they will get another installment of one of the best, if not the best new franchises of the past gen?!

Xiraiya

Well i guess its kind of important that you make a souls game... a souls game.

I'm not arguing with that, I'm just saying DS2 was still pretty fucking good overall despite lore issues, floaty animations/rough hitboxes and a busted lighting system that even now only works properly when the torch is out (Baffling)

That game could have very easily have been far worse than it ended up being, but I do sincerely hope B team learned their lesson after DS2.

Dreez

From Soft is on some takeover shit right now. They hit their stride and they wanna take the throne.

Wouldn't be surprised if Miyazaki wanted to get this last Dark Souls out (close the "trilogy") and take a break from Souls/move on to new ideas.

People complain they will get another installment of one of the best, if not the best new franchises of the past gen?!

Some are complaining, some are pointing out the hypocrisy of the general contempt toward COD and Madden yearly franchises and this one.

I just got in on the series to I'm still pretty fresh and looking forward to DS3.

VertPin

DLC is usually done by smaller teams. The main team behind DS2 will have moved on to DS3 quite a while ago. There's also no telling whether or not Miyazaki directs the Bloodborne DLC.

Ahh, gotchya.

I'm honestly expecting the Dark Souls 2 team to be working on Dark Souls 3 since the other team just finished Bloodborne.

Wasn't it confirmed that Miyazaki was working on the Bloodborne expansion? Swear I read that somewhere.

Top Bottom