• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Let's Cast Gotham City Sirens (DCEU)

Palmer_v1

but Ivy isn't some famously freckled character, not all natural red heads have pale skin, and not all people with pale skin and freckles have red hair, so this is relevant on 0 counts

It's relevant to why people are generally disappointed with fake redheads. I agree with the other guy though, that she should have green skin, but I doubt they'd do that.

Guys, actors are capable of dying their hair, you know? You don't need to limit drastically limit the pool down to red haired actresses for Ivy just because they're already red heads. This reminds me of every casting thread for Lex Luthor which seems to primarily consist of either Bryan Cranston, Billy Zane or Larry David just because they're actors who happen to already be bald.
Christina Hendricks for Poison Ivy.

You see, it's funny cause she's not a natural redhead.

This post is ageist, sexist and ugly.

Why is Ben Affleck allowed to be 44 yet the women have to be "young actresses?" Mentalities like yours are the reason Margot Robbie has had to lie about her real age.

I personally don't care, but Hollywood isn't going to hire a 40+ year old woman to play Catwoman.
Unless she's like an old Catwoman training a younger one.

Saya

Nathalie Emmanuel can be either Catwoman or Poison Ivy.

6_Nathalie_Emmanuel.jpg

Palmer_v1

Be kinda cool if they cast a black woman for Poison Ivy, actually. Certain subset of the population would rage out, but who cares.

styl3s

That picture is from a decade ago lol. For a reason. Her film career is dead. No one will cast her in a lead like this.
Poison Ivy isn't a lead. Yeah, it's a movie specifically based on 3 characters but people are kidding themselves if they think Harley Quinn isn't going to be the lead and will be the head of all marking for this movie. Ivy is nothing more than a supporting character.

They are going to push this as a Harley Quinn movie with Catwoman and Ivy.

ryseing

I don't know why GAF has this obsession with Eva Green but I'd watch thecouncil's cast.

Because Eva consistently elevates mediocre genre fare, which, let's be real, describes most of what GAF is interested in. Mediocre genre fare is like 90% of her career.

Eva bouncing off Margot's Harley would be a friggin blast.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
First things first, I'm glad to see the Church of Eva Green has not lost any parishioners.

And since she can't play all the roles, I'd nominate Carly Chaikin for Poison Ivy.

She's got the right "men ain't shit" face in Mr Robot.

Top Bottom