• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Microsoft: Xbox One leading sales in US since price cut, nearly 10 million sold-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Well I would hope so. It's barely more expensive than a 360 if you price out the Assassin's Greed games. Great value if you're looking into a Bone.

B.O.O.M

10807917_10152839517567179_2073199312_n.jpg

10751909_10152839545167179_1272143793_n.jpg

This was taken here in Hawaii early this Morning at a Navy Exchange Center.

holy cow 0_o Got any pics for the PS4 section? or WiiU?

Agreed, but then some people act like there are 10 million units sitting on shelves. We can't say either way, but it's all too easy just to take the 'Microsoft gonna Microsoft' route.

ugh who is acting like that? You're being defensive without a reason mate.

10807917_10152839517567179_2073199312_n.jpg

10751909_10152839545167179_1272143793_n.jpg

This was taken here in Hawaii early this Morning at a Navy Exchange Center.

Can't say they don't know their market and where to ship things to. Used to work near a base with my friend who was an officer in the military and those things sell like hotcakes to enlisted dudes with time on their hands and paychecks.

This is a positive thing, right? Why are people acting like it isn't? The price being lowered means more owners of the Xbox One which in turn means Sony will most likely prepare a bundle to combat the price drop which increases sales of the Playstation 4. This is hardly negative in any imaginable way. As I somehow feel obligated to say, I own both systems.

I don't think Microsoft would come out with a sales update *on purpose* if it was not looking exceptionally well for them.

Not saying they will beat PS4, but November NPD looks like it's going to be good for them.

SerTapTap

Big jump in sell-in, wasn't the last number we heard more like 6 mill? But it's probably just in preparation for the holidays I would guess. Will wait for real EOM numbers, especially for dec

The 10m shipment figure will include the holiday season build up for Black Friday and beyond. It is therefore meaningless as a comparison to PS4 shipment figures that we got from Sony to the end of September.

One wonders why they didn't give a margin of how much they are in front since the price cut as well, it implies that it's not a big one. It's still a win though, but given that the price cut is not permanent MS are just bringing forwards a few purchases from next year, once the price goes back up to $399 in January sales are going to fall through the floor.

Reallink

I will be shocked, stunned, and dumbfounded if MS doesn't win Nov/Dec. They are selling the console for effectively $240 at Walmart BF. Two Hundred Forty US dollars.

Isn't the Xbox One sales abysmal in Europe? Like "thousands a month" bad in Spain, France and Germany?

What are the totalt sales numbers estimated to? Last I heard it was still lagging behind Wii U, which is crazy.

cakely

"Last two weeks" is interesting. That means they were ahead the last week of October NPDs but NPD will still show they lost the month as a whole.

Now we know they took the first week of November, let's see how that turns out.

turcy

lol at the reactions from both sides [yes, i'm talking about you, console warriors ;p ]

this is great to hear people are jumping in - the deals have been great, and the games have been great as well.

just happy to see the industry doing so well, means more good games for all of us. :)

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So uh...layman terms = During the past 2 weeks, Microsoft has shipped 3x as many Xbox Ones as PS4s to stores?

No, they've sold 3x as many in the last 2 weeks (10 days) as they did the prior 1 week, if I'm reading it correctly.

Rurunaki

holy cow 0_o Got any pics for the PS4 section? or WiiU?

ugh who is acting like that? You're being defensive without a reason mate.

Here's the ps4 section.

10799268_10152839541057179_1394730364_n.jpg

And another like shelf with the "Military Bundle" comes with 3 games (albiet mostly indies i.e. Contrast)

fquick

Neo Member
Almost bought one today but I don't care for this year's COD or Assassin's Creed. That leaves me with buying it for $349 with no game which is pointless. I realize I could flip the digital download but the market is flooded.

They really should have put out more of those limited Sunset Overdrive bundles. The demand is there for them but the only ones left are flooded on Amazon/eBay by scalpers.

I'll see what Black Friday online deals brings. Nonetheless, good on MS. Competition is great for everyone, signed a PS4 owner. :)

omonimo

Banned
Glad to see things improving for them, because I wouldn't want to see Phil get discouraged and pull back. I like the aggressive Xbox team. Hopefully they can continue building more momentum through the holiday and well into 2015.
What the...

Halo MCC is at 90 on metacrtic, isn't it?

Either way, any Console that sells good is good for all of us. A healthy Game industry is a good one.

Imagine a world without any home console... Only ouya, or apple tv.. Lol

Let me understand , MS has released 3 million consoles from that time onwards ?? and you are given because it airs for two weeks was before PS4 ?

Tamanon

Banned
I would hope they could at least lead the last two weeks with big releases, big marketing deals, big price drops, and no deals for Sony. If they didn't, then they should start winding down the division. Let's see how it holds up.

orochi91

Here's the ps4 section.

10799268_10152839541057179_1394730364_n.jpg

And another like shelf with the "Military Bundle" comes with 3 games (albiet mostly indies i.e. Contrast)

Yea Sony is fucked at the $399 price point.

Especially when swamped with XB1 bundles at all sides.

I figure November and December are a lost cause for the PS4 at this point.

SFenton

NEX/CEX (or whatever the Army one is) always tend to stuff consoles. Hell, the one in Virginia Beach used to have a ton of Vitas at a time for the longest time. Heck, it still had a ton of PSPgos (and you're damn right I bought one when they cleared it for $40) a year after Vita came out.

I'm unsurprised that there's a ton of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom