• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Fantasy Football (The Degenerate League)

Status
Not open for further replies.

fep

Hey Gould came off waivers today and I didn't realize it didn't put him in my K spot after I waivered him.

Any chance you can sub him in there for me? If not that's fine (cutthroats!), but lemme know by the afternoon games.

edit: nvm, I've dumped Gould.

minx

Ouch Reggie. Looks like I finally met my maker. Undefeated no longer.

I just realized that we only play the other teams in our division in this league and not every single team.... what kind of stupid ass rule is that?

sangreal

I was fucked this week with Jermichael Finley, now I'm proper fucked. How did I end up with so many chargers?

Ouch Reggie. Looks like I finally met my maker. Undefeated no longer.

about fucking time

I just realized that we only play the other teams in our division in this league and not every single team.... what kind of stupid ass rule is that?

yeah, I noticed that too. Sucks since my division doesn't get to play chan

Bishman

The schedule was the most fairest and best I do with 14 teams in a 13 week season.

And thank god you aren't undefeated anymore. I needed you to lose. I still want to win the division if possible. Heh heh.

My division, NFC is the strongest looking at the standings so far. We have 4 teams from our division making the playoffs. What is going on with the other division. Every team is 4-3 over there. lol

Shagwell

Just for the sake of conversation in this thread I'm curious to ask, and in no way am I looking for any advice (I know we're all rivals here!), my team (The Butt Fumblers) is crap but the difference some weeks has been the low, low production from my quarterback Tom Brady. I'm just curious if you guys had Tom Brady as your starting QB up to this point would you have already dumped him? Or would you have stuck it out too considering the man's one of the greatest quarterbacks of all-time?

In other leagues it would've been pretty easy to snag someone off the waiver wires but in a 14-man money league you know what a barren wasteland for quality the waivers can be.

Ultimately if he's shit again this week I'm dropping his ass to the bench and replacing him with Jake Locker, who's managed to score more points having played two games less. Bastard Brady.

Fantomex

My team is the Fantomesexies. 2-5 REPRESENT!

I would totally keep Brady at least for this week. Gronk is back and so will Vareen maybe in one week. That should add a lot of dimension. His rookie Wide Receivers suck though.

Agreed on Brady. At least for one or two more weeks. Can't ignore Locker's three 20 point performances if Brady keeps muddling along.

Bishman

Gronk will help make everyone numbers better including Tom Brady. You waited this long with him, what's another week? Lol

Cant believe people in this thread were saying dont give up on Brady. His accuracy is terrible, he has no mobility at all, and his arm strength has declined severally the last year or 2.

minx

holy shit @ free hernandez

I thought this was going to be a down week for me too with starting two players I picked up off of waivers due to bye week issues. Even with Wayne going down for the year, Harvin coming back soon should be good enough to replace him for the playoffs.

sangreal

on the plus side:
-nothing I could've done this week so I don't feel too bad for my terrible showing. completely flipped the projections
-Fantomex won despite his best efforts (starting 9 players w/ 3 empty bench slots)

on the bad side:
yankeehater lost
I'm fucked for the rest of the season if Rodgers is done

on the plus side:
-nothing I could've done this week so I don't feel too bad for my terrible showing. completely flipped the projections
-Fantomex won despite his best efforts (starting 9 players w/ 3 empty bench slots)

on the bad side:
yankeehater lost

My team will lose every game the rest of the way I am sure. This is the worst FF year I have ever had.

on the plus side:

on the bad side:
yankeehater lost

Rodgers should be out 3-4 weeks from what I hear. That said, what would Rivers be worth to you?

Shagwell

If Vick was healthy, he would be a top 5 QB. His schedule is perfect to exploit the passing game.

Bishman you lucky bastard. I totally could have had my (lol) third win of the season this week against you. The one week I decide it's time to give up on Tom Brady and try something new, him and Aaron Dobson combine for over 50 points on my bench.

I hate my bench.

Bishman you lucky bastard. I totally could have had my (lol) third win of the season this week against you. The one week I decide it's time to give up on Tom Brady and try something new, him and Aaron Dobson combine for over 50 points on my bench.

I hate my bench.

Yeah it was painful having Copper on my bench last week.

Bishman

I hate my bench.

Gronk will help make everyone numbers better including Tom Brady. You waited this long with him, what's another week? Lol

I even told you to stick with Brady. LOL! I'm glad you didn't! I needed that win badly.

sangreal

If Vick was healthy, he would be a top 5 QB. His schedule is perfect to exploit the passing game.

of course.. I thought it was a ridiculous steal when you got him. I meant in hindsight. Chris Ivory might actually turn into something now too

My team will lose every game the rest of the way I am sure. This is the worst FF year I have ever had.

not a bad start for your team this week :(

Bishman

Congratulations to all the teams that made the playoffs.

Fantomex, you have a tough first round opponent. Good luck! lol

sangreal

well, it was a fun season. hope everyone comes back (and is more talkative) next year

Really fucked up my lineup the last few weeks

Bishman

I am also thinking about giving the winner of the consolation bracket the #1 pick in the draft next year. What do you guys think?

Bishman

Yahoo vegas odds (08.18.13):

UK Fins: 11-2
The Seaward: 10-3
Heywood Jablome: 9-4
Inebriated: 9-4
PK Boosters: 8-5
employed by M$: 7-6
Free Hernandez: 7-6
Ego Melior Sum Tibi: 6-7
Fantomsexies: 6-7
Platinum Status: 5-8
Foxhound: 4-9
the blue oyster: 4-9
Marshawngo Unchained: 3-10
The Butt Fumblers: 2-10

Bishman's draft ranking:

1. Heywood Jablome
2. Foxhound
3. the blue oyster
4. Ego Melior Sum Tibi
5. The Butt Fumblers
6. UK Fins
7. Marshawngo Unchained
8. Free Hernandez
9. The Seaward
10. Fantomsexies
11. PK Boosters
12. employed by M$
13. Platinum Status
14. Inebriated

Yahoo nailed PK Boosters going 8-5. And nearly missed Heywood Jablome.

My top 3 on the list all made playoffs. :)

Fantomex

My suggestion is that we make it a one point PPR league, and that spots are locked based on payment. Not based on "Oh me me me, I'll join". I know it took time to gather everyone because people backed out or payed last minute, myself included. A pay grace period of 3 days and then someone else gets it or something like that.

Once people have paid, it can be decided that I AGAIN get the #1 pick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom