• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New Dragon Age Inquisition trailer+Bioware discusses art/world of the game [EGX]

Argh....fuck me with a Qunari horn.
:(
tumblr_me2njlcp1R1r09fu7.gif

RedSwirl

Art definitely looks better than Dragon Age Origins or DAII, but I'm still not sure about how it stands up to The Witcher or Dark Souls. Those games at least look more distinctive to me.

Solidsoul

Banned
Came to see if Shinobi made this thread. Was not disappointed.

So many games this year shiiiiit. Can't wait for Inquisition, oh wait, I can...because I've got 10 thousand games to play until then.

Staf

Has there been any mentioning regarding a similar feature as in Mass effect 3's "action" mode? You know, where dialogue sequences just plays itself out automatically.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Has there been any mentioning regarding a similar feature as in Mass effect 3's "action" mode? You know, where dialogue sequences just plays itself out automatically.

No, I think the closest you'll get to that is on Easy and possibly a few other sliders they may have in the options menu to make things easier.

DOWN

Banned
I still want to see console shots. I'm playing Dragon Age Origins at the moment and am surprised that it is fantasy I'm clicking with (normally can't stand the plethora of made up names and arbitrary magic laws the genre brings that all feel Tolkien derivative).

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Since I'll be a Lady Qunari first instead of my normal Dudebro Warrior I guess I'll go after Sera or Josephine since I don't much care for dudes, let alone any of the dudes in this game, but maybe one of them will be amusing.

Kirie

Cass looking amazing! Definitely my favorite lady design in all of the DA games. Looks so fierce--I love it!

Art definitely looks better than Dragon Age Origins or DAII, but I'm still not sure about how it stands up to The Witcher or Dark Souls. Those games at least look more distinctive to me.

For sure, those games have been using a fairly defined art style across their respective series. Dragon Age is still soul-searching for something unique, and honestly, while I think Inquisition looks gorgeous, I still don't think this pseudo-cartoony direction is a good choice. Origins is my preferred direction of the three because DA tackles some pretty emotionally and ethically intense material, and a cartoony look really undermined that in DA2, imo.

YES finally. That's my girl! <3

ByeyLZLIcAA6wOp.jpg:large

Hell yes! She's shaping up to be one of the most interesting characters they've ever created.

Kirie

Looks like they are showing off some new gameplay next week!

"New #DAI gameplay coming to Twitch on 9/29! Follow us to see it first: http://www.twitch.tv/bioware "

Join creative director Mike Laidlaw and producer Cameron Lee for a Dragon Age: Inquisition livestream event Monday, September 29th on Twitch. The stream kicks off at 10am PDT / 7pm CEST with a first look at Inquisition&#8217;s deep character creation tool, and we&#8217;ll customize an Inquisitor from scratch with your suggestions!

Come along with us as we dive into a gameplay demo and explore a never-before-seen area of the game! Hang out in our live chat and interact with us. Have questions about Inquisition? Want to give us suggestions to tweak our Inquisitor&#8217;s appearance? We want to hear it.

After the stream, head over to Twitter use the hashtag #MyInquisition to tell us how you are going to play Dragon Age: Inquisition.
See you there!

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/livestream-on-twitch

Same. I figured Cassandra was the go-to. I didn't even know Josephine was a character until the other day, and I have yet to see more than a headshot of her.
Cassandra was my go to after I found out sera was same sex only(promptly making me do a second playthrough) and before Josephine was revealed. But Josephine does have a bio out.

Definitely aiming to make her my waifu unless she's got something against Qunari guys.

Well, they are quite horny.

Although, everything I've seen of The Iron Bull, they absolutely ruin his character with his dialogue.

I imagined someone funny like Worf, not funny like The Strain.

Ashodin

Looks like they are showing off some new gameplay next week!

"New #DAI gameplay coming to Twitch on 9/29! Follow us to see it first: http://www.twitch.tv/bioware "

Join creative director Mike Laidlaw and producer Cameron Lee for a Dragon Age: Inquisition livestream event Monday, September 29th on Twitch. The stream kicks off at 10am PDT / 7pm CEST with a first look at Inquisition’s deep character creation tool, and we’ll customize an Inquisitor from scratch with your suggestions!

Come along with us as we dive into a gameplay demo and explore a never-before-seen area of the game! Hang out in our live chat and interact with us. Have questions about Inquisition? Want to give us suggestions to tweak our Inquisitor’s appearance? We want to hear it.

After the stream, head over to Twitter use the hashtag #MyInquisition to tell us how you are going to play Dragon Age: Inquisition.
See you there!

http://www.dragonage.com/#!/en_US/news/livestream-on-twitch

HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

IN MY VEINS

I WILL BE THERE

Also Human Mage - Knight Enchanter all the way, and I don't think I'll romance anyone unless their personality strikes my fancy.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Damn you BioWare, making me wish my weekend was over. What is wrong with you people.

I really hate the inquisitor helmet in this game. Everything else looks amazing though!

It's not amazing, but it was designed to keep the gender neutral cause they didn't want to push a male or female MC and wanted to keep it ambiguous. Works, but isn't the most iconic looking helmet out there. I think they were trying to capture that Skyrim Iron Helmet look but didn't really get there, it's the spikes on the top that ruin it for me.

Grisby

I think I'm gonna roll with Cassandra, Iron Bull, and Varric for my main party.

November should hurry the hell up.

Hedge

So looking forward to that CC stream!
Regarding romance choices, I'm happy I can romance the two characters I like the most. My male knight enchanter will be so happy with Iron Bull. <3

Top Bottom