• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

_machine

Yeah, I said G25..! :p

Anyway. Extra buttons. Why not?
It's certainly a wasted opportunity, especially for PC players (there really isn't such a thing as too much buttons for a racing simulator). I guess it could be related to some licensing rules on MS's side (like the lack of shift lights could be) since you might not be able to use them on XB1, but on the other hand there also has to be some custom support to enable an H-Shifter on the platform (though in a technical SDK sense it could be very hardcoded support with no actual button prompts which could explain how it works). Could be a complicated matter due to some of MS's licensing agreements, even though they can be a bit ass-backwards some times.

nib95

Banned
Based on the OP, are the Clubsport wheels still the only one's that work on all the platforms? I'm thinking of picking up an Xbox One with Forza 6, Horizon 2 and Halo 5, along with a new wheel hopefully. Thing is, the Fanatec wheels are outrageously expensive, especially with shipping to the UK, plus accessories. Was kind of hoping a cheaper alternative for use with PC, PS4 and Xbox One would be available, especially given I already own a now near useless G25….

desu

Damn. The wife is never going to let me spend that much on a new set up lol.

Could try to get a used one from ebay, maybe you're lucky to safe a bit xD.

I am in the same situation though, I got a G25 and it's pretty much useless for me. I see no point in getting a G29 so I might call it a day and just play controller only.

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
Could try to get a used one from ebay, maybe you're lucky to safe a bit xD.

I am in the same situation though, I got a G25 and it's pretty much useless for me. I see no point in getting a G29 so I might call it a day and just play controller only.

This is my exact situation, I'm tempted to look at a new Fanatec or Thrustmaster wheel. I have lots of research to do first though.

Shaneus

G29 support has been added to Driveclub as of the most recent update (out now I believe). I'll be going home tonight and trying my G27, crossing my fingers for stealth support.

Mascot

Chronus Max will save us.

What, the dude from Gladiator..?

gladiator______4.jpg

wowzors

So g25/g27 support is dead? I'm not surprised a Logitech rep isn't the most reliable source. Tad bit disappointed as I have a g27 that can only be used on PC now. Controller for ps4 and Xbox one will have to do.

Shaneus

So g25/g27 support is dead? I'm not surprised a Logitech rep isn't the most reliable source. Tad bit disappointed as I have a g27 that can only be used on PC now. Controller for ps4 and Xbox one will have to do.
I don't know if it's dead, but it doesn't look good for the time being. I guess if Logitech stops selling the G27 then we'll know for sure.

Sure be nice for us to know definitively, though.

Ordered the Thrustmaster TX 22nd May, said they expected stock to arrive 18th June. I check my order today and now it says stock is due 23rd July.

This is the universe telling me that I should abandon my intention to get into racing games and stick to FIFA/Madden/Halo like everyone else :(

stl

Banned
What is my best option for a duel ps4/xbox one setup. I currently have the forza csr wheel, csr elite pedals, and 6 speed shifter. I wouldn't mind just having to swap out the wheel and reuse the pedals and shifters. Is the Xbox thrustmaster wheel compatible with csr pedals?

There's an adapter for the CSR Elite and Clubsport to a Thrustmaster base, the guy was only making then in small quantities though and I'm not sure about the standard CSR compatibility.

Personally I'd try and flog the Fanatec stuff and go all Thrustmaster, saves pissing around with adapters. Everything just works and works rather well.

paskowitz

What is my best option for a duel ps4/xbox one setup. I currently have the forza csr wheel, csr elite pedals, and 6 speed shifter. I wouldn't mind just having to swap out the wheel and reuse the pedals and shifters. Is the Xbox thrustmaster wheel compatible with csr pedals?

There's an adapter for the CSR Elite and Clubsport to a Thrustmaster base, the guy was only making then in small quantities though and I'm not sure about the standard CSR compatibility.

Personally I'd try and flog the Fanatec stuff and go all Thrustmaster, saves pissing around with adapters. Everything just works and works rather well.

With respect, that would be a waste of current resources and ultimately the more expensive option. Currently there is no Thrustmaster wheel that works with both consoles so he would have to get the T300 and the TX wheels... which is kinda silly. He would also have to purchase the T3PA Pro pedals and TH8A shifter to replicate an equivalent of his current equipment.

Granted the CSW V2 + Universal HUB is expensive ~$1000 but that is cheaper than all the TM gear he would have to buy. Also, the CSW V2 is arguably a better wheel base (FFB wise).

Currently there is no "cheap" option for dual console compatibility. Fanatec is rumored to be working on a follow up to the CSR but given their track record for releasing product and then shipping them to customers, it will be a while.

stl

Banned
Well I currently have the forza csr wheel, csr elite pedals, and shifter, which is compatible with the ps4. So couldn't I just get the thrustmaster base with the adaptor for the csr elite pedals and shifter, then just switch the base out depending which system I am playing? If I understand this correctly, for around $400 I could have a decent setup for both systems.

Well I currently have the forza csr wheel, csr elite pedals, and shifter, which is compatible with the ps4. So couldn't I just get the thrustmaster base with the adaptor for the csr elite pedals and shifter, then just switch the base out depending which system I am playing? If I understand this correctly, for around $400 I could have a decent setup for both systems.

http://www.basherboards.com/CPX

That's the one I have to use the original Fanatec CSPs on a Thrustmaster wheel, hopefully by now somebody else is knocking adapters out because this guy's gear is good but availability is poor at times.

gsrjedi

Your current equipment will let you play on PS4:

Project Cars
F1 2015

But not Driveclub, & nothing on Xbox One.

Buying the TX wheel & using the pedal adapter drugstore cowboy linked (the guy is working on a Fanatec shifter adapter, but I don't think it's available yet) will let you play on Xbox One:

Forza 5
Forza 6
Forza Horizon 2
Project Cars
F1 2015

That would be the cheapest option available to you. Seeing PCars & F1 use the CSR wheels on PS4 makes the future very promising, but personally I'm going to be cautious before proclaiming all future PS4 games supporting it. The TX is a Xbox One wheel, so I see no reason that it won't be supported throughout the life of the system.

Without changing bases you'd have to buy the Fantaec Club Sport wheel base, Xbox One hub, & a steering wheel. You could use your pedals & shifter, but you'll still be spending upwards of $1000 US.

The dual setup is not as pretty this gen as last.

Mascot

Ref the CSW v2, what exactly do you need to buy to have full PS4, Xbone and PC compatibility, and would that set-up also work with 360 and PS3? I'm looking for an all-in-one solution now that I've got a Bone to go with my PS4. I've already got Clubsport pedals and can sell my GT2 to part-fund a (major) purchase.

Shouldn't have to do any of this shit in an ideal world, but us wheel users just love getting shafted.

Since the windows 10 streaming option is now out, and a poster said he was able to use a 360 pad on a xb1 game, someone should be able to try a Logitech/Fanatec wheel to see if it works.

desu

Ref the CSW v2, what exactly do you need to buy to have full PS4, Xbone and PC compatibility, and would that set-up also work with 360 and PS3? I'm looking for an all-in-one solution now that I've got a Bone to go with my PS4. I've already got Clubsport pedals and can sell my GT2 to part-fund a (major) purchase.

Shouldn't have to do any of this shit in an ideal world, but us wheel users just love getting shafted.

Afaik there is no solution for your problem, the only solution CSW v2 + Xbone one wheel will let you play everything but Xbox 360 I think.

amar212

What's the chances of FFB on BC Xbox 360 games on the Xbox One?

Hope we haven't got long to find out.

I think very slim. X360 used Xinput 1.2 for the FFB and 900 emulation, which was coded with special API and relied on RF authentification. XboxOne uses newer 1.4 version IIRC with wifi authentification for slave devices.

Mascot

Oh nice one. How much that set you back?

£30 delivered, thanks to a very nice chap from Scotland on the pCARS forums. He offered it to some guy whose GT2 broke for free + postage, but the guy didn't want to pay for it to be shipped to Australia. So he offered it to me for some beer tokens + postage. Should arrive tomorrow, I think.

farmerboy

Okay, been asking peoples opinion around and would like if someone could offer some feedback, as I know pretty much STUFF ALL about this.

Have a T300rs on order which is running late and now I'm starting to wonder about Fanatec wheels, as they have them in stock for immediate delivery.

Which Fanatec models would be comparable to the T300?
I'm kinda worried about compatability. I want a wheel that's going to last me the life of the ps4 with no hassles. Which brand would be better for this?
Any feedback on the T300 from any gaffers. Would I be better off with a T500?

Any other things you think I might need to know.

Thanks a heap to whoever answers. You're a godsend!

Mascot

Okay, been asking peoples opinion around and would like if someone could offer some feedback, as I know pretty much STUFF ALL about this.

Have a T300rs on order which is running late and now I'm starting to wonder about Fanatec wheels, as they have them in stock for immediate delivery.

Which Fanatec models would be comparable to the T300?
I'm kinda worried about compatability. I want a wheel that's going to last me the life of the ps4 with no hassles. Which brand would be better for this?
Any feedback on the T300 from any gaffers. Would I be better off with a T500?

Any other things you think I might need to know.

Thanks a heap to whoever answers. You're a godsend!

Ongoing Fanatec support on PS4 is a bit of an unknown right now. It's on a game-by-game basis at the moment so you can't guarantee it'll happen for all games. pCARS has support but Driveclub currently doesn't, and there are occasional glitches such as loss of FFB and having to swap between wheel and controller for some functions (eg there's no 'PS' button on the Fanatecs). I'm thrilled that my GT2 works with pCARS but if I was in the market for a dedicated PS4/PC wheel then I'd get one that's officially supported by the whole platform. I can't comment on the TM wheels as I've never owned one, but I do hear good things. I did have a Logitech G27 and thought it was great, but upgraded to Fanatec because I wanted something that would work on 360, PS3 and PC. The GT2 was the perfect solution at the time.

gsrjedi

From my understanding with Fanatec.

The Clubsport V1 & V2 wheel base require the use of a hub (that has the buttons on it) to mount a wheel on). They sell a Xbox One hub that can be used on a PS4, but like Mascot said it's on a game by game basis & we have no idea about future games. Fanatec is supposed to come out with a PS4 hub that will be fully compatible, but they haven't released it yet.

So you would need a clubsport base, Xbox One hub, PS4 hub, a wheel, pedals, & shifter to be fully compliant with both systems. You'd probably want 2 wheels so you don't need to screw that on every time you switch platforms. If you have Fanatec pedals & shifter you're looking at ~$1100, and a minimum of another $140 if you don't have pedals & shifter.

Do I have that correct?

paskowitz

From my understanding with Fanatec.

The Clubsport V1 & V2 wheel base require the use of a hub (that has the buttons on it) to mount a wheel on). They sell a Xbox One hub that can be used on a PS4, but like Mascot said it's on a game by game basis & we have no idea about future games. Fanatec is supposed to come out with a PS4 hub that will be fully compatible, but they haven't released it yet.

So you would need a clubsport base, Xbox One hub, PS4 hub, a wheel, pedals, & shifter to be fully compliant with both systems. You'd probably want 2 wheels so you don't need to screw that on every time you switch platforms. If you have Fanatec pedals & shifter you're looking at ~$1100, and a minimum of another $140 if you don't have pedals & shifter.

Do I have that correct?

The Fanatec Universal XB1 Hub works with the PS4. But other than that, I think you are correct. http://www.fanatec.com/us-en/steeri...ring-wheel-universal-hub-for-xbox-one-us.html

Dave_6

Seeing as I'd like to have one wheel for PC, PS4 and Xbone, the Clubsport is my only option regardless of price. Knowing I can use my G27 pedals with it takes some of the sting of the price off, but damn that it still one expensive setup. Though it is nice!

Then again, I've though about just keeping my G27 (just a few months old) for PC sims and possibly buying the new G920 for the Xbone and Forza 5 and 6. With no idea on when GT will be releasing for PS4, I don't really need a wheel for it for a good while.

Top Bottom