• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: NeoGaf Wheel Club Updates in OP

paskowitz

Seeing as I'd like to have one wheel for PC, PS4 and Xbone, the Clubsport is my only option regardless of price. Knowing I can use my G27 pedals with it takes some of the sting of the price off, but damn that it still one expensive setup. Though it is nice!

Then again, I've though about just keeping my G27 (just a few months old) for PC sims and possibly buying the new G920 for the Xbone and Forza 5 and 6. With no idea on when GT will be releasing for PS4, I don't really need a wheel for it for a good while.

It is really hard to get a CSW v2 base ATM anyways

I have one and IMO it is worth the price. It is no direct drive wheel but it is still damn good.

The cheapest route would be to buy the base, G27 pedal adapter, wheel hub w/o rim and a cheap aftermarket wheel on Amazon/eBay. That will put you just above a grand (USD).

farmerboy

Thanks for the feedback everyone.

Considering the cost of some of this fanatec stuff, plus compatibility with the ps4 platform, I'm gonna hold tight and stick with the t300rs.

If I find the pedals not up to scratch, I can always update just the pedal set at a later date.

Thanks again.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Still so frustrated with Logitech not supporting their expensive ass wheels for the current gen machines. I guess the DF:GT I have that I only used less than a handful of times on the PS3 and PC I will just sell.

Instead here is another $400.00 wheel... piss off.

paskowitz

Still so frustrated with Logitech not supporting their expensive ass wheels for the current gen machines. I guess the DF:GT I have that I only used less than a handful of times on the PS3 and PC I will just sell.

Instead here is another $400.00 wheel... piss off.

The DFGT is literally the cheapest FFB wheel on the market...

gsrjedi

paskowitz

I know the One hub works on PS4, but I think it works like the CSR & older Fanatec wheels on PS4. On a game by game basis and doesn't have full functionality without the PS button & other features. I think they are coming out with a PS4 hub that will enable all that functionality

I am not an expert, but IIRC a different HUB would not suddenly offer universal support. Pretty PS games have always been (and still are) on a game by game basis regardless of wheel. I could be wrong...

Mascot

I am not an expert, but IIRC a different HUB would not suddenly offer universal support. Pretty PS games have always been (and still are) on a game by game basis regardless of wheel. I could be wrong...

I'm still confused about the CSW's functionality. If I've got this right, the Xbone hub (the main guts of the system) also works with PC, and use on the PS4 is entirely through PC functionality emulation (like how the Fanatec GT2 works with pCARS on PS4)?

I must admit, I always thought there was one universal CSW hub that worked natively with PC, then you had to buy either an Xbone steering wheel or a PS4 steering wheel (or both, if you had both systems) to get it to work on those consoles. Is that not the case? I must have fucking imagined it I think.

Fuck me, it shouldn't be this confusing, but hey - videogames..!

gsrjedi

From what I remember from when Fanatec announced their whole plan. They are coming out with a PS4 hub that would not work on the One. The PS4 hub would be like the T300RS or the G29; a PS4 native wheel.

I guess the question is if those two native wheels will work across the board or would they need to be supported specifically. Does the Fanatec Xbox One hub play nicely with Forza? Will the G920? You would think that buying a native wheel would give you lifetime support for that platform at least. The current Fanatec PS4 support isn't native.

So you would need the Xbox One hub to play Forza & the PS4 hub to play Gran Turismo potentially.

I think at the announcement Fanatec said they had a deal with Microsoft, but I think they were still working with Sony. I don't know if they've got something in place with them yet to make a PS hub.

There's just so much in the air especially regarding how the PlayStation handles wheels that makes the whole thing suck. I bought a TX for Forza & I'm hoping when I need a wheel for a PS exclusive I can get a cheap T300RS & just swap bases as needed

From what I remember from when Fanatec announced their whole plan. They are coming out with a PS4 hub that would not work on the One. The PS4 hub would be like the T300RS or the G29; a PS4 native wheel.

I guess the question is if those two native wheels will work across the board or would they need to be supported specifically. Does the Fanatec Xbox One hub play nicely with Forza? Will the G920? You would think that buying a native wheel would give you lifetime support for that platform at least. The current Fanatec PS4 support isn't native.

So you would need the Xbox One hub to play Forza & the PS4 hub to play Gran Turismo potentially.

I think at the announcement Fanatec said they had a deal with Microsoft, but I think they were still working with Sony. I don't know if they've got something in place with them yet to make a PS hub.

There's just so much in the air especially regarding how the PlayStation handles wheels that makes the whole thing suck. I bought a TX for Forza & I'm hoping when I need a wheel for a PS exclusive I can get a cheap T300RS & just swap bases as needed
I'm almost 100% sure that gt7 will support Fanatec drivers without the need for a ps4 hub. And before you say "but driveclub...." I would say that it's following outside of GAF probably isn't large enough to go through the effort, especially since the studio was cut down and is trying to find a way to stay afloat.

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
Alright guys, seeing as how I'm pretty dissatisfied with the G29 and my G25 will no longer work on current consoles, I'm looking for a new wheel.

I'm curious about the T300RS and was wondering if there were any reasons you guys might recommend another wheel over it?

My primary games are Driveclub and Project Cars, F1 2015 and probably Assetto Corsa once it arrives on PS4. Eh, GT7 will probably end up on my list as well.

Any and all input or thoughts are appreciated.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Alright guys, seeing as how I'm pretty dissatisfied with the G29 and my G25 will no longer work on current consoles, I'm looking for a new wheel.

I'm curious about the T300RS and was wondering if there were any reasons you guys might recommend another wheel over it?

My primary games are Driveclub and Project Cars, F1 2015 and probably Assetto Corsa once it arrives on PS4. Eh, GT7 will probably end up on my list as well.

I am in the same boat as you. What stood out with the G29 for your dissatisfaction?

Also I believe the Immersion Corporation patent is up in November, so there may be hope still.

paskowitz

Do you have a spare couple hundred dollars?
Thrustmaster T300RS.

Do you have a spare thousand dollars?
Fanatec CSW v2 and accompanying products.

gsrjedi

I'm almost 100% sure that gt7 will support Fanatec drivers without the need for a ps4 hub. And before you say "but driveclub...." I would say that it's following outside of GAF probably isn't large enough to go through the effort, especially since the studio was cut down and is trying to find a way to stay afloat.

I agree outside of Driveclub the Fanatec situation for those of us who have older wheels is looking good. GT7 will probably be the first PS racing game I can't play somewhere else that I need a wheel for. I plan to keep my Turbo S until I'm certain it works with GT7.

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
I am in the same boat as you. What stood out with the G29 for your dissatisfaction?

Also I believe the Immersion Corporation patent is up in November, so there may be hope still.

The G29 is $500 in Canada, the same price as the T300RS. From what I can tell the T300RS is a more advanced system for the forced feedback, and the internals of the wheel. Whereas the G29 is pretty much the same as my G25. Realistically I won't be buying until after November anyway, holidays take precedence over new toys, so if something DOES come from that Immersion patent I may be in luck. With that said I do like to do advance research on all larger purchases.

Do you have a spare couple hundred dollars?
Thrustmaster T300RS.

Do you have a spare thousand dollars?
Fanatec CSW v2 and accompanying products.

I'd LOVE to have that kind of disposable income, but that just isn't the case.

Does anyone know how much of a difference there is between the brushless motors advertised on the T300RS and the geared motors on the G29?

Haines

Banned
I'm wanting to get into racing games, specifically fora horizons and 6.

I want to do it racing wheel style as this is part of gaming I've never really dived into..

How much would I spend to get really good wheel and pedals that are full featured?

Also does this stuff take advantage of the rumble triggers somehow?

I'm wanting to get into racing games, specifically fora horizons and 6.

I want to do it racing wheel style as this is part of gaming I've never really dived into..

How much would I spend to get really good wheel and pedals that are full featured?

Also does this stuff take advantage of the rumble triggers somehow?

Thrustmaster TX is a reasonable priced belt driven wheel but the rim and pedals while perfectly usuable aren't great. Thrustmaster's eco system offers better pedals, rims and shifters at a price.

Fanatec CSW v2, expensive but no doubt the best quality wheel on the platform. Factor in pedals and possibly a rim too.

Logitech G290 sounds overpriced for a repurposed G27 and they appear to have taken the shifter out of the box and will now sell it as an extra. Rim and pedals probably wouldn't need replacing.

Madcatz do a force feedback wheel too but I've heard little about it.

Only the Fanatec CSP pedals offer vibration on the brake pedal like a rumble trigger but it's a canned effect based on % of depression iirc.

Take a look at the TX, it offers the basics at a decent price here in the UK at least.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The G29 is $500 in Canada, the same price as the T300RS. From what I can tell the T300RS is a more advanced system for the forced feedback, and the internals of the wheel. Whereas the G29 is pretty much the same as my G25. Realistically I won't be buying until after November anyway, holidays take precedence over new toys, so if something DOES come from that Immersion patent I may be in luck. With that said I do like to do advance research on all larger purchases.

I am the same way, and was doing research as well. Not thrilled about the price and the fact that it is still gear driven. Where as the T300RS is brush-less with belts (usually used in advanced sim cockpits or the old school sim arcade games in the 90's for quietness and smooth response).

paskowitz

Tempted to pick up a G27 from frys for $180 but i'll be missing out on PS4 support. Decisions decisions.

Save up for a Thrustmaster T300RS or Fanatec if your pockets are even deeper.

Really, at this point this thread should be "NextGen Wheels peripherals PS4 and Xbox One Thread: Thrustmaster or Fanatec."

Haines

Banned
Thrustmaster TX is a reasonable priced belt driven wheel but the rim and pedals while perfectly usuable aren't great. Thrustmaster's eco system offers better pedals, rims and shifters at a price.

Fanatec CSW v2, expensive but no doubt the best quality wheel on the platform. Factor in pedals and possibly a rim too.

Logitech G290 sounds overpriced for a repurposed G27 and they appear to have taken the shifter out of the box and will now sell it as an extra. Rim and pedals probably wouldn't need replacing.

Madcatz do a force feedback wheel too but I've heard little about it.

Only the Fanatec CSP pedals offer vibration on the brake pedal like a rumble trigger but it's a canned effect based on % of depression iirc.

Take a look at the TX, it offers the basics at a decent price here in the UK at least.

Thrustmaster tx runs about 500 in Canada. seeinb as it's been on the market for a bit should I expect this item to go on sale from time to time. What about something better replacing it at the same cost a year or two down the road?

Sorry if these questions are silly. It's probably obvious I don't know much about the wheel market but I really want to get into this genre and 400 is probably my price cap.

I am really out of the loop on wheels.

Are there any decent wheels that work across ps4, xbone and PC?

If not what are the best wheels that are compatible with PS4 and PC?

Zeknurn

I am really out of the loop on wheels.

Are there any decent wheels that work across ps4, xbone and PC?

If not what are the best wheels that are compatible with PS4 and PC?

PS4, Xbox One and PC -> Fanatec CSW v2 with the xbox one rim

PS4 and PC -> Thrustmaster T300RS

Denur

For the longest time the Thrustmaster T3PA pedals could not be bought in the Netherlands. Now a number of outlets have them in stock. I should be able to pick them up later today at my local grocery store. Jeuh

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I've been wanting to get a wheel for quite a long time now for the XB1 but really wasn't sure what to get. I hate having to use the controller and with so many racing games out now or in the future I gotta get one.

Main games I'll be playing is Forza 5/6, Forza Horizon and F1 2015. I do have Project Cars but it didn't click for me. I'm trying it out again today with the new 2.0 patch and after some tweaking I am preferring it than I did at launch. Possibly Assetto Corsa and hopefully DiRT Rally if it comes to consoles.

Ideally I'm looking for a wheel that change change rims from a standard style to an F1. Good pedals with clutch and a gear stick as well. Not really keen on paddle shifting but I'll give it a go.

Would a Thrustmaster be the best option for this? Also can you buy just the base without the wheel so I could buy the Leather 28 GT and Ferrari F1 separately?

I know its not going to be identical to driving a real car but how well can the wheels and peddles compare?

CaptainObvious

Neo Member
I'm in the UK and looking for a wheel for my PS4.

Considering my budget, I'm looking at:

• Thrustmaster T80 - £60
    Thrustmaster T100 - £100

I know the difference is just force feedback (T100 has it) but is the extra money worth it?

Will be playing DriveClub and Project Cars.

Advice would be appreciated!

So which wheel is the MOST compatible with current gen PS4/Xbone systems while also having xbox360/PS3 support? Someone needs to make a compatibility spreadsheet...

Looking to upgrade from my Microsoft Wheel while still being able to play Forza 3/4, Horizon and PGR3/4.

Solal

I'm in the UK and looking for a wheel for my PS4.

Considering my budget, I'm looking at:

• Thrustmaster T80 - £60
    Thrustmaster T100 - £100

I know the difference is just force feedback (T100 has it) but is the extra money worth it?

Will be playing DriveClub and Project Cars.

Advice would be appreciated!

I would highly recommend you the T100 as , yes, imo, the FFB is VERY important.
If you buy the T80 and then try a T100, I am pretty sure you would regret not having FFB...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Utterly shocked at the price of the G29.

Same here. It's almost shady by Logitech without a $150 entry model like the DF:GT.

Hoping when the patent expires this fall we get driver support. Not holding my breath however.

Is the T100 good as an entry level wheel, like the DFGT?

Would like to know this as well. It is belt driven which I read was smoother and less noisy than gear driven, but I have a DF:GT I used a handful of times (that is literally brand new condition) that I would sell to get this if there is no future driver support by Logitech even when the paten expires.

Ordered the Thrustmaster TX 22nd May, said they expected stock to arrive 18th June. I check my order today and now it says stock is due 23rd July.

This is the universe telling me that I should abandon my intention to get into racing games and stick to FIFA/Madden/Halo like everyone else :(

Now it says stock is due 20th August. This is infuriating. Should have just spent the extra 70-80 quid and had the wheel two months ago.

I want to cry.

Not sure what to do on the wheel front. I want 2 Wheel Stands and would like the easiest setup without having to switch wheels too much. I've got a G25 which I've used in the past on PS3 and PC. I've also got the 458 Spider for the Xbone. Obviously, it's annoying that the G25 doesn't work with the PS4, so apart from the price of the G29 it needs to work with the PS3 and PC for it to be worth me buying.

Where did you order it from?

The wheel can still be picked up for under £240 online.

Dabs. I've just cancelled the order and bought it from amazon, it's costing me a bit more than a couple of other websites but I'll have it tomorrow and I just wanna end this waiting game.

Might place an order with basherboards for that cpx adapter just in case I become a hardcore racing fan and fancy the csr elite pedals.

The way I see it if I get to a point where I'm taking this stuff that seriously then I might as well spend that little bit extra and get a superior product.

Arttemis

Why doesn't the Thrustmaster T300 have a clutch!? I'm not at all a fan of Logietch's geared motors, so I guess the T500RS is still the only option for me? I've been holding out hope for an updated model for what seems forever.

Why doesn't the Thrustmaster T300 have a clutch!? I'm not at all a fan of Logietch's geared motors, so I guess the T500RS is still the only option for me? I've been holding out hope for an updated model for what seems forever.

The two pedal set is enough to get people started, it's often a faster combo than going manual and clutch too.

Just get the T300 and add to it as you need to.

I just ordered my t300RS and grabbed a "playseat" off of craigslist for $100. Saturday is going to be a blast. Anything I should know setting it up or getting started? Is there a breakin period for this bad boy?

*my wife's pretty pumped too, I'm hoping this gets her to green light a Clubsport V2 setup!

TX arrived yesterday and I had a race or two with it on Pcars and then Forza and horizon 2. Turned feedback to 100% like an idiot and couldn't stay on the straights once I hit 75mph.

Once I turned feedback down to 60% or so it was much better. I need to tweak things a lot more as I'm so much slower than with the pad and once I start losing control it's much more difficult to recover with the wheel.

Only question I've got at the moment is about the degrees of rotation, I changed to 270 midway through a race on forza 6 but it seemed to go back to 540 after a lap. Is there a way to set it to 270 permanently?

You can set the degrees of rotation in Forzas menu iirc.

If you're slower you can use the auto clutch trick to claw some time back.

Choose Manual with clutch in options, hold 'A' and press the 'mode' button and when you shift with the paddle it will be much faster than normal manual.

Deactivate it the same way after a race because it screws up some menu navigation that use the paddles like selecting a car by manufacturer in your garage for example.

Top Bottom