• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey is funding an anti-Hilary shitposting org

Status
Not open for further replies.
CtFziu3W8AARIjm.jpg

They posted even more evidence, and wow, palmer gets specific and he has the balls to issue that statement saying its not him.

Boards of Canada, post if you're okay.

I'm glad this dirty motherfucker is getting caught out on his lies, especially after that weakss apology. Fuck this cunt and anyone who supports and associates with him. You cannot and should not separate someone's belief's from their body of work, by supporting one you're allowing them to propagate the other through funding shit like this.

Wallach

I expected better spin from Facebooks PR team.

I can't help but wonder if they are hanging him out to dry here. There is no way that came out the other side of any PR pass. Maybe theg figure if they give him the rope he'll hang himself and they can more easily split him off from Oculus.

I can't help but wonder if they are hanging him out to dry here. There is no way that came out the other side of any PR pass. Maybe theg figure if they give him the rope he'll hang himself and they can more easily split him off from Oculus.

Could be telling of how he's perceived within the company if they aren't willing to come to his defence/willing to let him dig a deeper grave.

Wallach

Could be telling of how he's perceived within the company if they aren't willing to come to his defence/willing to let him dig a deeper grave.

Only other comment out of Oculus I saw besides "welp" was Rubin's puff of smoke on Twitter where he basically only said he takes Luckey at his word. Which is exactly the kind of comment that does sound like it came straight out of PR, because it will look like Luckey deceived him as well if TDB really tie him to those Reddit posts (which looks very likely).

Sometime it seems like the libertarian party exists just so conservatives can claim they are members of that party whenever the Republican Party does something embarrassing or is out of favor for some reason.

Big-E

Why is there a seemingly large number of shit rich people in tech? Think, Notch and this dude are shit and I am sure there are more.

Permanently A

Why is there a seemingly large number of shit rich people in tech? Think, Notch and this dude are shit and I am sure there are more.

Notch posted a big letter on reddit saying that he's always thought the way he posts now but now that he has fuck you money he can be the asshole he's always wanted to be in public.

Zaph

Among some rich people, especially the ones who think they are 'self made', you'll find a strong pro-libertarian attitude, often with a disregard for social services. They want to believe their journey was as difficult as it gets, but they still made it, so others should be able to do the same.

You then combine that attitude with the typical nerd archetype - sheltered, not very social, little life experience, rarely mixes with people unlike themselves - and well, it turns it up to 11.

I can't remember who's quote I'm butchering, but if these guys truly believe this libertarian, self made bullshit, they should try doing it all over again in Somalia.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Among some rich people, especially the ones who think they are 'self made', you'll find a strong pro-libertarian attitude, often with a disregard for social services. They want to believe their journey was as difficult as it gets, but they still made it, so others should be able to do the same.

You then combine that attitude with the typical nerd archetype - sheltered, not very social, little life experience, rarely mixes with people unlike themselves - and well, it turns it up to 11.

I can't remember who's quote I'm butchering, but if these guys truly believe this libertarian, self made bullshit, they should trying doing it all over again in Somalia.

"Self-made" is such a bad phrase. Trump considers himself self-made. Most of those people have no clue what coming from nothing/the bottom actually means or even looks like.

RMI

Banned
Lmao at that apology. You would think by now that a guy who puts his foot in his mouth as often as this would be better at spinning by bullshit but nope!

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Lmao at that apology. You would think by now that a guy who puts his foot in his mouth as often as this would be better at spinning by bullshit but nope!

I have a feeling anything Palmer says is going to be vetted by a PR team before he is allowed to say it or post it online for a loooooooong time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom