• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Oculus' Palmer Luckey is funding an anti-Hilary shitposting org

Status
Not open for further replies.
To me, the most hilarious part of this whole thing is Lucky looking at his computer and thinking "we're losing the war of lulz, time to stimulate the meme machine" before writing his emboldened post.

inner-G

Banned
Also, on accident I found this, which looks like it could be the cover of some Judd Apatow movie:

More like the villain in a Indiana Jones movie?
6UnfpeD.png

Fat4all

Banned
He told the Daily Beast that he posted under NimbleRichMan so unless the Daily Beast is bullshitting us, one of the two parties is lying.

I'd be weird if they were bullshitting considering they were the ones who broke this story to begin with.

He's not NimbleRichMan? Doesn't that absolve him of mostly everything people are pissed about?

Well to believe his take we would need to think that his social media history was also a mistake and that he gave $10,000 to a group that he knew nothing about. And that's taking him at his word that the direct quotes that the Daily Beast attributed to him are false. If they are false, that is the world's easiest Libel case so we should hear about a lawsuit soon or at the very least, see the Daily Beast issue a retraction. I am not holding my breath.

He told the Daily Beast that he posted under NimbleRichMan so unless the Daily Beast is bullshitting us, one of the two parties is lying.
That quote from the Daily Beast sounds fishy.
Daily Beast said:
The 24-year-old told The Daily Beast that he had used the pseudonym “NimbleRichMan” on Reddit with a password given to him by the organization’s founders.
He was given a password by the organization? So they controlled the account. Not him.

JackDT

I find it almost completely implausible that Luckey donated 10,000 dollars, doesn't deny having access to the Nimble account listed as a VP on their web site.... but somehow still didn't write the posts and has no connection to Nimble America. Give me a break. Lying about stupid shit is making this ridiculous.

DedValve

Banned
Well this roller coaster just got a whole lot more downhill. And downhill. And downhill.

So at the very, very best he doesn't support this bullshit he just erm....oh well he does support it but he didn't make the post.

And at the very worst he made the posts.

So umm.....yeah.

Ekai

Nothing is ever their fault. You've got an alt-right army literally white-knighting you at your beck and call. Before they'd dismiss harassment, now suddenly when it hits one of their own, they're no different than the shit they rail against. Even if she wasn't harassed, they like to play the "professional victims". It's hilarious, in a way.

The alt-right have always been "professional victims". They are the most hypocritical projecting individuals in existence.

Armaros

CtFziu3W8AARIjm.jpg

They posted even more evidence, and wow, palmer gets specific and he has the balls to issue that statement saying its not him.

CtFziu3W8AARIjm.jpg

They posted even more evidence, and wow, palmer gets specific and he has the balls to issue that statement saying its not him.

Par for the course for Republican-leaning people when they get put under a hot lamp and exposed. That "personal responsibility" shit goes right out the window. Deny even in the face of clear and overwhelming evidence. He's learned well.

Gaming side found an video of Palmer leaving a Trump rally apparently.
Guy really not having a great day.

https://youtu.be/oJLQMbYrAkc?t=1m51s

whoops.

Fat4all

Banned
I know im new posting here, but Let's keep this section of the board to politics. Something we all enjoy. Let's not let games get involved with a thing we all enjoy.

Are we positive this is even Luckey???

But what about Killary weaseling her way out of the email scandal!?!?

Polari

He's looking pretty stupid lying about being NimbleRichMan. There's nothing really wrong with the post apart from him looking like total douche by bragging about being rich. His comments about Hillary are milder than what her supporters of similar status say about the don.

jem0208

Why does this thread say it's a "Hillary shit posting org" and the one on gaming side say it's a white supremacy group?

JackDT

Why does this thread say it's a "Hillary shit posting org" and the one on gaming side say it's a white supremacy group?

Alt-right Hillary shitposting often includes a #WhiteGenocide hashtag.

Maybe a funding a call-everyone-beta-cuck org? A 'Feminism is Cancer' org? A Milo based fat shaming org?

It's all for the lulz.

jorma

is now taking requests

Probably because in the Neogaf OT, being an "anti Hilary shit posting org" is seen as much much worse :p

I see he's going with the classic "despite giving $10,000 to a pro-Trump group I'm actually a Johnson supporting libertarian" defense.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom