• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

President Donald Trump's First Negotiation Was A Humiliation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exile20

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fM8iWOOLlls

Lawrence O'Donnell explains why Mexican President Peña Nieto's decision to not attend a scheduled meeting with Pres. Trump over the border wall is Trump's first humiliation on the global stage and sends a message to other world leaders about future negotiations.

Holyshit, O'Donnell was savage here. This was so refreshing to watch a News channel say it like it is. CNN stand the fuck up to our President's bullshit.

Trump just proved to other world leaders how unprepared he is as a president.

The end of the video made me spit out my coffee.

Glix

Holyshit, O'Donnell was savage here. This was so refreshing to watch.

Lawrence has a history with his and DESPISES him. I'm pretty sure tiny hands tried to sue him once.

My fav last night was "How can you tell how much Donald Trump cares about something? By how often he lies about it.'

Dai101

Banned
NippyKindLangur-size_restricted.gif

And by the softest motherfucker ever.

legacyzero

Banned
I would argue that CNN is stepping their game up too. Even if only a little. Jake Tapper went in on the Trumpster the other day. Was pretty magnificent.

Linkark07

Banned
I wonder which nation he will try to bully now. Hopefully our president, who is a spineless coward like Peña Nieto, has enough bolas to say no to the orange fascist.

As an American I truly hope the rest of the world shuts us out as much as possible for the next 4 years. We need to truly feel the repercussions of electing this orange trash monster.

Kill3r7

I love the thought that this headline will bother that orange buffoon to no end. I am sure we can expect a tweet about it in the next 48 hours. However, to be fair, this negotiation has not even started let alone it being over/humiliation.

Dai101

Banned
I wonder which nation he will try to bully now. Hopefully our president, who is a spineless coward like Peña Nieto, has enough bolas to say no to the orange fascist.

I'll say Belize or any other but i doubt this motherfucker knows where any other country is located.

GuyKazama

I love the thought that this headline will bother that orange buffoon to no end. I am sure we can expect a tweet about it in the next 48 hours. However, to be fair, this negotiation has not even started let alone it being over/humiliation.

Nobody in Trump's circle or group of supporters has ever paid attention to Lawrence O'Donnell.

brian577

Banned
As an American I truly hope the rest of the world shuts us out as much as possible for the next 4 years. We need to truly feel the repercussions of electing this orange trash monster.

Maybe you're capable weathering whatever storm this bastard may brings, but a lot arent. There are a lot of people out there who just trying to get by. Your lust to see others suffer sickens me.

Jmille99

Remember when he claimed both the NAFTA and Iran Nuclear Deals the worst of all time?

His first negotiation easily trumps (ha) them, even if you believe they were the worst. This is embarrassingly bad.

Ms.Galaxy

You know, it takes a lot of skill and talent to make the United State a laughing stock in less than a week after Obama tried to better the reputation of it for the past 8 years after the disaster that was Bush.

Exile20

Maybe you're capable weathering whatever storm this bastard may brings, but a lot arent. There are a lot of people out there who just trying to get by. Your lust to see others suffer sickens me.

It is two sides of a sword. You don't want to legitimize Trump but no one wants people to suffer. It is hard to have both tho.

You know, it takes a lot of skill and talent to make the United State a laughing stock in less than a week after Obama tried to better the reputation of it for the past 8 years after the disaster that was Bush.

Our government is currently horrible. Our people, are divided. I hope the world doesn't judge us only on the terrible people trying to burn down the world, and can see a glimmer of hope from those trying to make it better.

I would argue that CNN is stepping their game up too. Even if only a little. Jake Tapper went in on the Trumpster the other day. Was pretty magnificent.

I think that's because Jake Tapper is a national treasure. Their reporting remains mostly the same with some really good people hamstrung by CNN's style.

Pbae

Another damning point was one brought up by Joy Reid.

By exiting NAFTA and relying on new unilateral deals, it is up to the President to engage and create prosperous deals for the country. But, that's assuming he's actually a good negotiator.

He's not.

Remember when he got shut down on the initial visit to Mexico during the Presidential election and he didn't even bring it up?

Or the time that he was shut down to a whimper when he spoke at a church in Flint?

Fucking moron.

Copper

If it's what it will take to get people to wake up, then it just might be what ends up happening.

LewieP

It's a good video, although I don't entirely agree that forcing a meeting to be cancelled can never be a valid negotiating tactic.

Con_Smith

Banned

A lot of people lusted over the words this man spoke. Their lost for hate, racism, and disregard for common decency caused them to vote against their interests. Their ignorance caused them to usher in the bullshit we've seen play out in the first week of this mans term. If this mans words sicken you, then the vast majority of his supporters who still find ways to cover his ass must make you puke.

It's not a short term problem either. If he destroys NAFTAlike he is saying then in the future what country would want to enter a trade deal with us when they can argue we could elect another Trump?

brian577

Banned
A lot of people lusted over the words this man spoke. Their lost for hate, racism, and disregard for common decency caused them to vote against their interests. Their ignorance caused them to usher in the bullshit we've seen play out in the first week of this mans term. If this mans words sicken you, then the vast majority of his supporters who still find ways to cover his ass must make you puke.

You make it sound as if the only people who will suffer are his supporters which couldn't be further from the truth.

Glix

dude sure knows how to make noise with his mouth while saying fucking nothing

It's amazing how much he brings up Lincoln. He shows no understanding of what made Lincoln great, and based on everything I have read, Lincoln would not have liked or respected Trump at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom