• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WaPo: Trump urged Mexican president to end his public defiance on border wall

Patryn

There's absolutely no way he's a successful business on his company's on merits.

There's a reason he's gone bankrupt multiple times. He's actually not that successful.

His most common tactic was getting people to do work for him, then at the end telling them he would only pay them a fraction of what they had agreed to or they could sue him and he'd pay them nothing.

Anyone still in shock over the election results? This feels like a nightmarish fever dream.

I feel like I still haven't managed to process that this is actually happening.

Yup. I grew up thinking that the worst case scenario was that we would have a president that I disagree with on a lot of issues.

I never thought we would have a complete idiot, a clownish ignoramus, as president.

We do not even have the basic comfort that at least he believes what he's doing is right for the country. He is instead very likely to be a stooge of a foreign government.

It doesn't seem real.

ultron87

“This is going to kill me,” he said to Turnbull. “I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country. And now I am agreeing to take 2,000 people.”

What does that even mean!? Are there people better than him that do want them in? Is he the greatest at hating people coming into the country?

O_Atoll

What i got from all of this is Trump does not give a damn about anyone else but his rich friends and family. Hes trying to convince the Mexican president to fuck over his own people and lie about the wall to Americans. He probably think he won because all the common folks are moron and its true. Half of America voted for him.

TS-08

WTF I thought Kelley Succeeded on talking him off the cliff

This was in January. Which, by the way, will be the crux of his defense. "Oh, he was new to this, he has gotten much better at handling these conversations." "Who cares? This was all the way back in January." Of course, there are also those that will simply like the way he handled these calls.

This is hilariously embarrassing and this was before the wheels fell off the administration. What it must be like to be a world leader that has to lower yourself and take this buffoon seriously.

Hubbl3

Unconfirmed Member
What i got from all of this is Trump does not give a damn about anyone else but his rich friends and family. Hes trying to convince the Mexican president to fuck over his own people and lie about the wall to Americans. He probably think he won because all the common folks are moron and its true. Half of America voted for him.

~25% of eligible voters voted for him.

~50% of elgible voters voted in the 2016 Presidential Election.

~50% of people that actually voted, voted for him.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
So he acts like a complete dipshit and tries to act like a bully to Mexico for months, Mexico goes "what the fuck? no", and then Trump eventually starts going "Wahhhh stop making me look bad. Please?"

Fucking lol.

shiba5

“I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

Just.no.words. LMAO

johnsmith

remember me
BXbi6uPCIAARnFr.jpg

mclem

One thing that particularly strikes me, here: "Me". It's all 'me, me, me'. "This makes me look so bad", "This deal makes me look terrible", "I am about to get killed on this thing".

Clearly putting America First, eh?

Lo-Volt

In which Trump blatantly admits his wall promise is a fundamental lie and he never meant it, but shut up or you’ll get yours? How well will the hardcore Trump voters take it?

Oh wait, I know. Most of them will be blinded by the gold anyway. But some of them, maybe enough to really scare the right wing, will throw their hands up at this hottest of messes.

Quinnipiac reported a pretty stark stall and decline in Republican support for the president just yesterday. I can’t wait how much further it goes if this gets a lot of ink and coverage.

jmdajr

~25% of eligible voters voted for him.

~50% of elgible voters voted in the 2016 Presidential Election.

~50% of people that actually voted, voted for him.

And half of that 50 percent voted against him in the primary. Nothing has been a slam dunk really.

GK86

Homeland Security Fail
Nieto: "We are not paying for your stupid wall."
Fuck boy Trump: "Fine, I will build my own wall, with blackjack and hookers!"

One thing that particularly strikes me, here: "Me". It's all 'me, me, me'. "This makes me look so bad", "This deal makes me look terrible", "I am about to get killed on this thing".

Clearly putting America First, eh?

That's the stuff that should be most unsettling for everyone but anyone not completely indoctrinated already knew he was a complete narcissist. This is what any person paying attention knew was going on during his discussions with other world leaders.

Lo-Volt

Oh, also? Nieto is the man in the comparatively weak position - his presidency in Mexico City has been shellacked by contact with Donald Trump and a slew of domestic policy problems. His approval ratings were worse than Donald Trump’s are even now. Donald didn’t know that? No one on his team thought to mention it as a talking point to exploit? Why didn’t Master Negotiatior Donald Trump go for broke in a phone call with a weakened president staring at electoral defeat? Because he’s a punk, of course.

Good to know: the Trump administration is wrong on morals, wrong on merits, wrong on tactics, and wrong when they fucking wipe their asses. Every hard nosed negotiator, legislator and premier will do well to hit these fuckers for all they’re worth on every phone call, every off-side conversation at a trade meeting, and every trade negotiation. Hit ‘em up and fuck ‘em up.

BadAss2961

lmao at the transcripts. All the proof you need to know what a fraud Donald is.

His main concern isn't getting things done, but how he looks publicly.

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Read the transcript. Is not nearly as antagonizing as the early leak made it sound. But yeah, thread title is accurate, but Peña Nieto also went for the angle of stop talking about the wall.

Shadybiz

Master Negotiator indeed. Still mind boggling that anyone believed that he would know what the fuck he's doing.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Read the transcript. Is not nearly as antagonizing as the early leak made it sound. But yeah, thread title is accurate, but Peña Nieto also went for the angle of stop talking about the wall.

Yeah. Just reaffirms he's a whiny baby.

mnannola

Oh, also? Nieto is the man in the comparatively weak position - his presidency in Mexico City has been shellacked by contact with Donald Trump and a slew of domestic policy problems. His approval ratings were worse than Donald Trump’s are even now. Donald didn’t know that? No one on his team thought to mention it as a talking point to exploit? Why didn’t Master Negotiatior Donald Trump go for broke in a phone call with a weakened president staring at electoral defeat? Because he’s a punk, of course.

Good to know: the Trump administration is wrong on morals, wrong on merits, wrong on tactics, and wrong when they fucking wipe their asses. Every hard nosed negotiator, legislator and premier will do well to hit these fuckers for all they’re worth on every phone call, every off-side conversation at a trade meeting, and every trade negotiation. Hit ‘em up and fuck ‘em up.

Incompetence + apathy = Trump Administration. They don't know how to do anything and they don't really give a shit about anything except themselves.

“I am the world’s greatest person that does not want to let people into the country."

Just.no.words. LMAO

He's literally admitting that he only to that position to appeal to the racist xenophobes on the right and now he doesn't want to look bad to them. Your not the worlds greatest person by any stretch Trump. Piece of shit.

Boke1879

Yea. I think these leaks right now are coming from Priebus or someone close to him

Also Trump is a baby back bitch.

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
TRUMP
Okay, good. Can Australia give me a guarantee that if we have any problems – you know that is what they said about the Boston bombers. They said they were wonderful young men.

TURNBULL
They were Russians. They were not from any of these countries.

TRUMP
They were from wherever they were

lmao

Link

The Autumn Wind
What a fucking beta loser.

Anyone still in shock over the election results? This feels like a nightmarish fever dream.

I feel like I still haven't managed to process that this is actually happening.
Right here.

RM8

When you're supposedly the most powerful man on Earth and Enrique Peña Nieto of all people walks over you. And negotiation skills are your "selling point". Cotdam Trump is useless.

but Peña Nieto also went for the angle of stop talking about the wall.
Right after he said Mexico won't pay for the wall, lol.

TalonJH

What does that even mean!? Are there people better than him that do want them in? Is he the greatest at hating people coming into the country?

He's saying that he's popular for his hard stance on immigration and now they are going to make him look bad by having to take in the refugees. Understand that this was right after he was sworn in.

In exchange for what? I thought Trump thought he was a deal maker. What does he expect when shitting on him publically is way more valuable politically than anything he has to offer?

Lonely1

Unconfirmed Member
Gotta give credit to Peña Nieto, he handled that very well.

Peña Nieto is an idiot, but he acknowledges it and follows his advisers/controllers script.

In exchange for what? I thought Trump thought he was a deal maker. What does he expect when shitting on him publically is way more valuable politically than anything he has to offer?
In exchange of not nuking the economy of both countries, looks like.

Top Bottom