• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

statham

It's good to have the better hardware.
But if xbox 1 is any good lesson, you gotta deliver the exclusives.

Xbox delivered the exclusives early on compared top PS4, PS4 won, some peep really want better playin 3rd party games. Scorpio should get some of them back.

rokkerkory

It will be within what PS4 was to Xbox one, whether you think its big difference or not is another thing.
But its definitely not a generational difference that some were claiming since announcement last E3.

Great since MS didn't announce it was a generational difference either.

50% additional ram + vega (if it is) will add up to be more than what PS4 was to X1. But this isn't the thread for that.

MaulerX

Scorpio would be really underwhelming if released with Jaguar or Puma CPUs. It would a slightly more powerful PS4PRO thats released a year later with more expensive price tag and less games.

Still good upgrade for Xbox one only owners.

What's up with this narrative that if it's Jaguar that it would only make it "slightly" more powerful than the Pro? I mean, are we just going to ignore everything else (GPU, RAM and Bandwidth)?

Space_nut

It will be within what PS4 was to Xbox one, whether you think its big difference or not is another thing.
But its definitely not a generational difference that some were claiming since announcement last E3.

Relative difference is null. Scorpio is about 2 TF of raw gpu power over pro. That's a whole PS4 being used for whatever. And no it's not what PS4 is to Xbox One. For one it has 12 GB of ram running at 320 GB/S over the other console. PS4 and Xbox One are nearly identenical in everything except gpu power. Scorpio is a whole upgrade over pro in every facet of tech

Wedzi

Banned
Hmmm, then I really wonder what they meant with the praise for the tech specs. And what Shinobi602 meant with that the hardware was very impressive. Could be anything then.

They're probably referring to what they are hearing second hand from developers. Shinobi knows a few devs. Probably heard them praise the hardware or be pleasantly surprised with how it turned out.

We'll find out soon enough though. Just hoping the news actually comes through next week.

Yeah watching this panel and John is hopeful Zen is on the next full gen consoles and that the cpu might just be jaguar on scorpio to make sure games work on both base and pro/scorpio consoles which did happen to the Pro to make sure there is no exclusives on that system

For the new page in case it hasn't been posted yet. Wonder what they mean with flip flops.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiC_Podca...03697903017985

The Inner Circle‏ @TiC_Podcast
Good Afternoon Xbonites, great week for us Xbox fans & gamers Interested in Scopio. Thursday the Speculation stops & DF flip flops. Savage

@daniel_cartwell Im told thursday, specs will release via eurogamer/digital foundry

This been posted yet? I don't know them but apparently they have had the founder of Xbox in their show and Phil as well.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiC_Podcast/status/848603697903017985

Good Afternoon Xbonites, great week for us Xbox fans & gamers Interested in Scopio. Thursday the Speculation stops & DF flip flops. Savage

@daniel_cartwell Im told thursday, specs will release via eurogamer/digital foundry

I wonder what they mean by flip flops. Are they implying DF got it wrong initially?

Nah. Looks like fanboy talk because they are implying DF is pro Sony and will flip back to being pro Xbox.

Which is pretty stupid. They can only work with the hardware that is front of them no "conspiracies" or "media bias" towards bad xbox one coverage compared to the PS4 early this gen

MaulerX

For the new page in case it hasn't been posted yet. Wonder what they mean with flip flops.

https://mobile.twitter.com/TiC_Podca...03697903017985

Well, they kept saying it was Jaguar up until recently.... Who knows.

Wedzi

Banned
I wonder what they mean by flip flops. Are they implying DF got it wrong initially?

There's a general feeling amongst some Xbox fanatics that Digital Foundry is anti xbox or something. Hopefully they are referring to the document DF got a hold of and not some kind of ill feelings towards the outlet.

And it's most definitely Digital Foundry that is getting the scoop on Thursday after listing to the podcast.

Yoday

everyone is underselling the ram, to me thats bigger then 6.0 or 320
People have been ignoring the RAM difference ever since the announcement, and it's the biggest factor. I imagine a lot of it comes from folks trying to undermine the difference between Scorpio and the Pro. Everything else being equal the added RAM will allow for higher res textures, which will be quite possibly be more noticeable in most games than the jump in resolution.

statham

People have been ignoring the RAM difference ever since the announcement, and it's the biggest factor. I imagine a lot of it comes from folks trying to undermine the difference between Scorpio and the Pro. Everything else being equal the added RAM will allow for higher res textures, which will be quite possibly be more noticeable in most games than the jump in resolution.

yep, yep.

Yeah watching this panel and John is hopeful Zen is on the next full gen consoles and that the cpu might just be jaguar on scorpio to make sure games work on both base and pro/scorpio consoles which did happen to the Pro to make sure there is no exclusives on that system
It might be a jaguar still (though I think there are already hints that's not the case) but there's nothing on the development side that tethers them to a specific cpu.

Even before uwp was a thing, the Xbox team decided to virtualize the OS to make for better future compatibility among other things, heck even the 360 bc is only happening because that push started right there.

EvB

There's a general feeling amongst some Xbox fanatics that Digital Foundry is anti xbox or something. Hopefully they are referring to the document DF got a hold of and not some kind of ill feelings towards the outlet.

And it's most definitely Digital Foundry that is getting the scoop on Thursday after listing to the podcast.

Anti-Microsoft guy had been doing lots of the videos over the last couple of years, rather than the more objective text reviews that Ledbetter used to produce.

Other than that, surely it's because the PS4 "wins" most times?
They do go for the clicks as you would expect from any business and this has come at the expense of Xbox coverage, so it could appear they were biased if that is the criteria. They never say which Xbox One they are using or do Xbox One S vs Xbox One (Or VS PS4)

It ain't just xbox "fanatics" bro. None of my large group of friends IRL are xbox "fanatics." Most of them don't even own an xbox and they still feel there is a slight bias.

Could they be just picking up on what others have mentioned where it just seems that way because PS4 is the most powerful right now and the majority favorite? Yup. But that's how it seems so that's what people are going to think. Even if they are wrong. This doesn't just come from xbox "fanatics."

ClearData

I like the idea of a technical introduction early if a wall-to-wall game presentation comes for E3. Though the initial reveal should have some games mixed in. I think Sony really bungled the Pro reveal by leaning too heavily on the tech presentation aspect.

Colbert

Banned
hope people didn't have bets here if it really ends up jaguar lol

In all honesty: it is not a deal breaker!

The resolution jump does not need more CPU, same draw calls with different scaling. The only thing needs an update here is the GPU, given with Scorpio

4K assets don't need more CPU power they need more memory and memory speed, given with Scorpio

AI + pathfinding can done with GPU compute also.

That back and forth about Jag and Zen is just a fun sport and shouldn't be taken too seriously imo and I am guilty of being a part of that back and forth to some degree.

Wedzi

Banned
It ain't just xbox "fanatics" bro. None of my large group of friends IRL are xbox "fanatics." Most of them don't even own an xbox and they still feel there is a slight bias.

Could they be just picking up on what others have mentioned where it just seems that way because PS4 is the most powerful right now and the majority favorite? Yup. But that's how it seems so that's what people are going to think. Even if they are wrong. This doesn't just come from xbox "fanatics."

Ok.

Colbert

Banned

To some degree I can comprehend that feeling but it is also fair to say that the reasoning behind it is business driven as media outlets of course try to attract the biggest audience and that is Playstation nation right now.

I aint just xbox "fanatics" bro. None of my large group of friends IRL are xbox "fanatics." Most of them don't even own an xbox and they still feel there is a slight bias.

I do think there's a bias, but one that the company themselves caused.

MS this gen was all tight lipped, we are going to talk about this very important subject when we feel like it, and even for their games they hold on too much to have e3 blown out of gameplay for instance.

Whereas Sony is always feeding the press with previews and their fans too. Look for example on how sony handled Horizon, and how Ms handled State of Decay 2. Even though it got delayed Sony showcased Horizon a lot, made tons of trailers and preview events. Ms announced SoD2 went radio silence other than assuring the game comes out this year.

So bias is simply a reflection from that. Every time they showcase a game on them generate clicks so the press loves Sony. The fans see the game getting promoted and become hyped too.

Now other than that there's definitely a sentiment of entitlement sometimes but most of it it's just a reflection of how both companies are handling their market.

Detective

Scorpio would be really underwhelming if released with Jaguar or Puma CPUs. It would a slightly more powerful PS4PRO thats released a year later with more expensive price tag and less games.

Still good upgrade for Xbox one only owners.

lol, slightly more powerful? Like 50% more powerful is slightly now? Not considering the new GPU, RAM and bandwidth? Nice try though.

Fisty

I spent most of last gen explaining that DF wasn't biased in favor of MS, they just talk up the winner. They still talk up the winner, but now people say they are biased toward Sony. It's silly at this point, DF is lucky enough to only have to judge the objective aspect of games but they are still blasted for taking sides lol

I spent most of last gen explaining that DF wasn't biased in favor of MS, they just talk up the winner. They still talk up the winner, but now people say they are biased toward Sony. It's silly at this point, DF is lucky enough to only have to judge the objective aspect of games but they are still blasted for taking sides lol

Well, as consumers that spend non-inconsequential amounts of money on a hobby/form of entertainment, people will tend to root for the one they invested in (or have become most vested in if their lucky enough to own multiple). Many companies rely on this mentality when creating, selling and marketing their products and services.

Wedzi

Banned
EvB just said it wasn't in the other thread.

bAjxhTH.gif

I would also like to know who this

shanew21

I've been trying to point this out to people. The increased texture resolution should be a BIG jump from the Xbox One/PS4/PS4 Pro. It will also give people who game at 1080p more reason to buy the system.

UraMallas

bAjxhTH.gif

I would also like to know who this
Haha. Good usage.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=233243525&postcount=173

He has some insider knowledge. He consistently dropped the next BC games before they came out.

He used to have a list of X1 bc games that were being tested for release and many of them came to fruition, though some still haven't afaik. I didn't think he had any concrete sources, but could be 100% wrong.

That's how I thought of him, too, but he's claiming an insider in the link above. Grain of salt, I guess.

Top Bottom