• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project Scorpio to be shown off next week according to Jez C... (READ MOD POST)

The last thread was locked because of console war BS. Lets not continue this otherwise the mods will lock this thread and hand out bans. It would be nice to have a thread open to discuss the rumors and whats coming later this week.

I know list wars are important in Scorpio threads
They arent
but lets keep it on topic.

belvedere

Junior Butler
The last thread was locked because of console war BS. Lets not continue this otherwise the mods will lock this thread and hand out bans. It would be nice to have a thread open to discuss the rumors and whats coming later this week.

I know list wars are important in Scorpio threads
They arent
but lets keep it on topic.

Dad has spoken.

Tell that to people who are wrong in every way. They ask for list wars. They keep trying to push "PS4 has no gamez" mantra.

I'm not pushing the Ps4 has no games mantra, it has plenty. I'm talking as Sony as a publisher being lackluster.

Even now the lineup for Ps4 is only really strong because of 3rd parties stepping in.

Conduit

Banned
Then you should stop being so invested in a console and actually read other people's posts?

I'm talking about sony as a publisher. Not about Ps4 in general.

Errr... Ok?

And you should stop too.

And Sony as publisher published more games. You should check again.

J@hranimo

Banned
You know, even though I want to see some more exclusives over at Xbox, I am curious what this console will be about besides "4K Gaming" and whatnot. Maybe I'd get one later down the line to finally have The Big 3 consoles I've always wanted.

Hopefully this does come to fruition this week to clear the air of how it looks and to build hype towards E3.

icespide

Banned
I wonder if MS would allow the internal drive to be expandable (to an SSD potentially) since this is supposed to be a premium console

I am shocked that Conduit's contribution to an Xbox thread is shitting everywhere and not something constructive.

I wonder if MS would allow the internal drive to be expandable (to an SSD potentially) since this is supposed to be a premium console

Doubt it, don't recall them doing it before so can't see why they'd change now.

What in the actual fuck? Who gives a shite about the first two years output...it has come and past...move on. If you guys wanna ramble about list was BS do it amongst yourselves in PM's or something. Don't derail the thread...it was going quite nicely, pls.

Nah, MS never allowed taking out internal HDD. Would be nice, but I doubt it.

I doubt it, but I am secretly hoping for a USB-C that has thunderbolt 3 tech. This could allow for faster transfer speeds and you could use External SSD Drives.

Conduit

Banned
Honestly I'm not even sure why you frequent so many Xbox threads. You openly dislike Xbox.

Nope, i'm just lurking. But i will react for some things. What you said also is applied who dislike PS4.

Sorry, but only a Sony die hard would vehemently defend a position that posits the PS4 exclusive lineup in the first 2 years being anything more than "there".

But that's fine. History shows that's how Sony does it. Go back and look at the PS2 and 3. Exactly the same. Slow out of the gate, come home strong. It's a strategy that's worked for them.

WTF? I defending something where you're wrong in every way. Good!

Deuterium

I predict the Scorpio will feature Intel/Micron's Optane / 3D Xpoint memory!

...just kidding.

But could you imagine, as an alternative to a standard SSD or physical hard drive. Wow.

Maybe in the next generation.

And Sony as publisher published more games. You should check again.

Probably, just at launch they had like 5 remasters...

But let's agree to disagree then, I think sony just sailed around with a not so great lineup relying on 3rd parties to fill the gaps, you think it's a solid and sound lineup.

gasb0705

Banned
Hopefully we'll get an idea of what the compromises will be necessary to deliver native 4K games.

P.S.: Funny how Conduit keeps saying Sony published more game in 2013-2014 considering they published practically the same number of games MS Studios did back then, according to Wikipedia.

*Ahem*... Anyway.

I really hope Microsoft chose to use some form of Zen for the CPU in the Scorpio because I really don't want another gen of sub 30fps and bad frame pacing again, Come on Microsoft!

tumblr_nr7zqaDQjg1roohd8o1_400.gif

Thursday can't come soon enough!

Maybe that front led display will make it to the final kit.

I'm actually really intrigued by this. Also how impactful it is for devs even if it doesn't make it in.

Might be cool to have Icons that show up to signify certain things when the console is in standby mode or something.

Oooooh, what sounds do you guys think it's going to make?

BeforeU

Oft hope is born when all is forlorn.
Now that the news is out there I wonder if MS / DF will start hyping this up. Maybe some sort of tease Monday?

Yup. Oh man its going to be a long three days.

It would be pretty neat to have friend requests, messages, etc at a glance like that.
Maybe even a fun little animation when achievements get unlocked.

This would make zero sense lol

And no there wont be a LED on final kit. Unless MS is again out of their mind. I dont even have my console out. Like most people it would be hidden. So a major design flaw.

D3VI0US

It's just hard to get hyped for this if the announcement is just about hardware specs. What are the chances we see games?

tsundoku

*Ahem*... Anyway.

I really hope Microsoft chose to use some form of Zen for the CPU in the Scorpio because I really don't want another gen of sub 30fps and bad frame pacing again, Come on Microsoft!

Next gen they're just going to shove more vram in and bump up the texture and model polys because thats what AAA can do for the least effort and cost increase anyways. Assets are always generated at high reso because its way easier to work with zbrush and math out shit in substance designer then downgrade it instead of specifically designing at a lower reso.

Actually optimizing every game to run at locked 30 or 60, or even, the forbidden words: not pump out the maximum visual quality for screenshots and vertical slices and focus on gamefeel is basically against the AAA lawbook.

The real problem with 30fps games is that they run their engine at 30fps instead of creating an engine that checks input at 60hz and only draws at 30fps

*Ahem*... Anyway.

Scorpio is a part of the same gen, and all the current X1 games (particularly in online experiences) will be adhering to the frame performance of the lowest common denominator, i.e., the Xbox One. This is a Native 4K machine.

Top Bottom