• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Prosecutors decline to charge Caitlyn Jenner in fatal crash

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveO409

Did you know Halo invented the FPS?
http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8362...ors-decline-charge-caitlyn-jenner-fatal-crash

LOS ANGELES (AP) — Prosecutors have declined to charge Caitlyn Jenner in fatal car crash in California.

The decision was announced Wednesday in the Feb. 7 collision in which authorities said Jenner's sport utility vehicle crashed into two cars, pushing one into oncoming traffic. Prosecutors say they didn't have enough evidence for a conviction.

The crash killed 69-year-old Kim Howe when her Lexus was hit by a Hummer.

Sheriff's investigators previously determined the 65-year-old Jenner was traveling at an unsafe speed for road conditions and there was enough evidence to support a vehicular manslaughter charge.

hmm feel bad for Howe family :(

There are many other people we can champion for their courage and efforts in moving the world towards LGBT acceptance that did not kill people with their cars...

FStop7

Banned
I feel like this extends past LA and is pretty true for the US as a whole. Possibly the world?

It runs particularly deep here because of the number of famous people who live and work here and how influential the shot callers like studio heads, producers, etc, are in city and state politics.

It's infuriating, tbh.

Korgill

Not trying to blame, but never turn your wheel when making a turn until you are going to move. You can't trust the asshole behind you not to push you into incoming traffic. My uncle was in a serious accident (no fatalities) after a small bump pushed him into the next lane.

I still think this should go to trial.

She's just too stunning and brave

There are many other people we can champion for their courage and efforts in moving the world towards LGBT acceptance that did not kill people with their cars...
Because she can't be an effective activist and have had an accident at the same time.

I don't agree with the prosecutors' decision, but it's disingenuous and even sort of disgusting to discredit the good she's done on the basis of this.

Because she can't be an effective activist and have had an accident at the same time.

I don't agree with the prosecutors' decision, but it's disingenuous and even sort of disgusting to discredit the good she's done on the basis of this.
Exactly. This should proceed as normal, as if she wasn't a celebrity or spokeswoman, but it doesn't suddenly make her efforts invalid.

I hope the family gets the resolution they deserve, and that celebrity status doesn't get in the way of this.

Mask

Has she ever even apologised for causing the crash?

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said before. Being famous lets you get away with murder and avoid all the negative press apparently.

Dion314

Neo Member
The justice system: It ain't what you know but what you can PROVE.

I can't say I'm surprised. All it takes is money.

Troy

Banned
Loved that South Park destroyed her over it and I hope they continue. Hate that she hasn't been charged. Pathetic.

LCGeek

formerly sane

The media could always focus on various people who have been out there for years but just like trump they love celeb culture so their priorities are skewed.

Too true but most discrediting Jenner don't want to acknowledge the movement, the real problems TG people face or let them progress all that much in their life time. Pretty sickening and the southpark episode was just icing on the cake for that sentiment.

Yeah. I would expect a large civil case to come from this. They can suck a lot of money from famous people who just want it to go away. Probably settle out of court for an undisclosed amount.

Herbs

Banned
Has she ever even apologised for causing the crash?

Nothing I can say that hasn't been said before. Being famous lets you get away with murder and avoid all the negative press apparently.

Why would she apologize when she's probably in the middle of legal issues related to it? It's absurd to expect someone to apologize when that can be used against them.

She's a piece of shit and deserves to be criminally charged as well as having to settle a hefty civil suit as well.

Not trying to blame, but never turn your wheel when making a turn until you are going to move. You can't trust the asshole behind you not to push you into incoming traffic. My uncle was in a serious accident (no fatalities) after a small bump pushed him into the next lane.
If somebody rear-ends you with enough force, wouldn't you be thrust into the intersection anyway? Going straight into the intersection may be even worse since you'll be more likely to be T-boned by the cross traffic.

The Adder

Banned
Too true but most discrediting Jenner don't want to acknowledge the movement, the real problems TG people face or let them progress all that much in their life time. Pretty sickening and the southpark episode was just icing on the cake for that sentiment.

I think a sizeable portion of us just don't like her because she's kind of a shitty human being. Besides the being a rich douchebag getting her off for crimes normal people would spend a very large percentage of the remainder of their life in prison for, there's also the whole not supporting gay marriage thing.

People who have done just as much good as, or even more good than, she has have been publicly crucified for less.

zeemumu

I feel like TMZ alone should have gathered every last detail of this incident.

This should probably be treated as an isolated incident from the sex change thing.

There's a ratio for how much bad you can do until it actually DOES discredit any good that you did but she probably hasn't reached it.

KHarvey16

I think a sizeable portion of us just don't like her because she's kind of a shitty human being. Besides the being a rich douchebag getting her off for crimes normal people would spend a very large percentage of the remainder of their life in prison for, there's also the whole not supporting gay marriage thing.

People who have done just as much good as, or even more good than, she has have been publicly crucified for less.

Just to clarify, the potential charge was a misdemeanor with a maximum punishment of 1 year in county jail. Even if charged and convicted the possibility of any jail time at all was very low, and would be for anyone.

LCGeek

formerly sane

Then make it that when you bring up her gender or appearance you lose the argument. Her appearance doesn't make her a shitty person her actions do like the rest of her ilk or family.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
She caused an accident that led to someone's death. How the hell is there not enough evidence?

Hope the family can file a civil case and get a big settlement out of this tragedy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom