• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

ShopTo just cancelled my pre-order.

Despite my paying it off over a month ago, they still tried to charge the full amount to my card for some reason. It's been rejected, obviously, and they've cancelled the whole thing.

I'm so unbelievably pissed off right now.

Get on to them and keep on to them until they realise their mistake.

That is shocking

KORNdoggy

Despite my paying it off over a month ago, they still tried to charge the full amount to my card for some reason. It's been rejected, obviously, and they've cancelled the whole thing.

If you've paid it off i don't see why they would...i'd call them asap.

sono

How did you pay them a month early ?

Ein Bear

Thanks guys, going to try giving them a ring in the morning.

Really can't fucking believe this. The best part is that they haven't even refunded me my money - it's been given back to me as store credit instead.

mekes

I payed my ShopTo order off early. Not too early, only a week back or so. I'll be keeping an eye on it now as I've never payed for a pre-order early with them before. Its a mistake on their part tho, they surely have to sort a situation like that out and fulfill Ein's full order.

shakyhand

Neo Member
I payed my ShopTo order off early. Not too early, only a week back or so. I'll be keeping an eye on it now as I've never payed for a pre-order early with them before. Its a mistake on their part tho, they surely have to sort a situation like that out and fulfill Ein's full order.

I've paid for pre-orders from Shopto in advance without any problems in the past and generally found them to have decent customer service. I haven't used them for a long time though, so I don't know what they're like these days.

Fedele

I was in the US last week during the PS4 launch but no luck in finding any - did grab a DS4 (feels amazing) and Killzone 'tho.

Now I'm back in Ireland but even midnight launches will be invite-only - they will call pre-order customers and that's it. I have no idea where to get a PS4 on launch day and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to. Next-gen for me won't happen before 2014, and that sucks.

whiteape

I've just visited a friend of mine. Her roommate got a press PS4 with all the games but he wasn't there. It was such a strange situation to see a PS4 that i can't try. But the DS4 felt so great!

djshauny

Banned

So it never went to the processing stage or anything? Just straight up cancelled?

Ein Bear

So it never went to the processing stage or anything? Just straight up cancelled?

Yup, just straight up cancelled. Never got processed or anything. The £450 I'd already paid for it has just been given back to me as store credit on my Account balance.

Are there any PS4 retail games which will are out in the US but won't be out on EU launch?

Only ask as i'm flying out to the states a few days after PS4 lands here and might pick some more up when i'm over there

djshauny

Banned
Yup, just straight up cancelled. Never got processed or anything. The £450 I'd already paid for it has just been given back to me as store credit on my Account balance.

Tweet to shopto asap. Hopefully you can get it resolved tommorow

Also open a ticket and call them first thing monday if the twitter method doesnt work.

peetfeet

Really can't fucking believe this. The best part is that they haven't even refunded me my money - it's been given back to me as store credit instead.

same thing happened to my girlfriend, sort of. Didn't get as far as cancelling, they tried to charge card instead of using funds In account and gave her email warning that they'd try 3 times before cancelling. She called them up and they sorted it straight away, processed out of her account funds and sorted.

I had similar where they charged my card for a PS4 game that wasn't pre paid but had funds in account, they immediately refunded my bank account. Seems they've been having probs with the credit system.

They should sort it for you immediately come Monday morning, give them a call then. And open a ticket on the website now, they'll have people there working the weekend I'd imagine.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.

Yeah it says before you pre-pay that it gets added to you account unless you pay the small transfer fee
They also use your account credit first before trying you card.
So for them to try your card your order must of went from paid to unpaid and the money would have been credited to your account so then they would have use that to pay for your order.
Don't make sense, get on to them asap.

Vitanimus

Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I was hoping for some help regarding audio options with the PS4. For my PS3, I am currently using a HDMI to DVI cable for my Dell U2412M monitor - which is speakerless. For audio, the PS3 is connected to a Dell AX510 soundbar via a RCA to 3.5mm cable with composite cables. The soundbar doesn't have an optical audio port, so I'm not really sure what my options are regarding audio for PS4.

Any help is appreciated!

Bradach

I was in the US last week during the PS4 launch but no luck in finding any - did grab a DS4 (feels amazing) and Killzone 'tho.

Now I'm back in Ireland but even midnight launches will be invite-only - they will call pre-order customers and that's it. I have no idea where to get a PS4 on launch day and I'm pretty sure I won't be able to. Next-gen for me won't happen before 2014, and that sucks.
If I were you I'd try somewhere odd like Argos or PC World, maybe even power city. Argos.ie have them on their site but I don't think they can be preordered so you might have a chance on Friday morning.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
Not sure if this is the appropriate thread but I was hoping for some help regarding audio options with the PS4. For my PS3, I am currently using a HDMI to DVI cable for my Dell U2412M monitor - which is speakerless. For audio, the PS3 is connected to a Dell AX510 soundbar via a RCA to 3.5mm cable with composite cables. The soundbar doesn't have an optical audio port, so I'm not really sure what my options are regarding audio for PS4.

Any help is appreciated!

How about this?
Digital-Optical-Coax-Coaxia-Toslink-to-Analog-RCA-Audio-Converter

Then all you'll need is a phono to 3.5mm jack cable to plug into your soundbar, they're cheap enough.
3-5mm-Jack-to-2-x-RCA-Phono-Audio-Cable

Or you could plug any headphones into the DualShock 4

Dawg

Any help is appreciated!

Headphones? It's what I'm going to use with my pc monitor. Immersion is best with headphones anyway.

for the ps4 just plug your headset into the controller.. it picks up sound. as ive played onn my pc monitor with the headphones that come with my PS4 and it works fine.. i didnt have to purchase any extras i put the headset/earphones into the controller itself. and off you go.

I hope this helps

SJRB

Gold Member
mAA7DFn.jpg

Greatness draws near.

My Knack order from Currys (£27!) is still processing so fingers crossed it will go through ok. Presumably they will be sending them out sometime this week and it still says "Preorder"

Mik3F

Give them a call, they will more than likely reinstate the order and take the payment from your account funds.

I have never had any issue with them in the past, even the time when I have pre paid for orders

Sure they will sort it out on Monday.

Use www.saynoto0870.com to get the local rate number to call swell

Mondy

Banned
Sons of Australis! Of Europe! My brothers!
I see in your eyes, the same hype that would take the heart of me.
A day may come when the courage of Gamers fails.
When we forsake our trophies and deny all requests of friendship.
But it is not this day!
An hour of DRM, and rampant region locking when the Age of Gamers comes crashing down.
But it is not this day!
This day we play!
You know what awaits, behind that embargo? Greatness! Take it, it's yours!
By all that you hold dear on this good earth, I bid you STAND! GAMERS OF NEOGAF!

BANDERAS BE WITH US!

We're getting closer, I can see the final straight. A few days left to prepare the house, make sure there's food in, and it's somewhat clean. Kiss the wife goodbye and let greatness embrace me.

ACX

Neo Member
[UK] Pre-ordered in-store at GAME, I always thought that this will be the safest way to pre-order a console as you will have a face-to-face agreement with them, avoiding any uncertainty whether you will get one at launch or getting an unexpected cancellation with online pre-orders.

I'm down for the Killzone bundle but Ireally want the Killzone Mega bundle with 2 DS4s and the camera.

Does anyone know if these are done in-store? Apparently my Game branch don't do it

H1PSTER

ShopTo changed my e-mail address back to my old address, one I haven't used for about two years now, so I couldn't log onto the website to check my order until I tried my old address.

I also got an e-mail saying that they'd packaged my console and gave me a tracking number but I had no idea because I didn't know that they'd changed my e-mail address.

Definitely trying the websites that were recommended earlier in this thread, I love the speed of ShopTo but lately their website has just been annoying.

I ordered Minecraft for my Nephews and they took the money out of my bank account when I had money on my ShopTo account, where they also took the £15 from, I called them and they quickly sorted this out however.

Silurus

[UK] Pre-ordered in-store at GAME, I always thought that this will be the safest way to pre-order a console as you will have a face-to-face agreement with them, avoiding any uncertainty whether you will get one at launch or getting an unexpected cancellation with online pre-orders.

I'm down for the Killzone bundle but Ireally want the Killzone Mega bundle with 2 DS4s and the camera.

Does anyone know if these are done in-store? Apparently my Game branch don't do it

I have pre-ordered the mega bundle in store from Game. Went in last week for my one2one and is all confirmed for midnight launch pickup.

danthefan

My copy of ACIV is shipped from videogamesplus, wuhoo. Saved nearly €20 compared to buying it in store.

Just need the console now.

Mik3F

This week is going to drag and drag, 4 days left in work before the fun begins.

My wife will be pissed on Friday when I hog the TV

Top Bottom