• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PS4 official European waiting thread - come here and wait with us!

Fnac now says shipping in January. I've been the first to jump on their insane 2 controller plus camera plus kill zone plus 50euros coupons and it always said shipping for the 29 now January I'm scared

dc89

I worry that Sony will eventually thwart us in some way, but perhaps they understand that by keeping this method open they (and their partners) stand to make more money.

I'm more likely to buy two games for £80, than one game for £60.

Yeah I'd be much more inclined to buy two for £80. I wouldn't be thrilled, but there's a greater chance of me doing it.

TJUK

Neo Member
MANY PEOPLE TOLD ME DIGITAL IS THE FUTURE , YEAH RIGHT....

PdGaCP7.png

How is the "all digital future" going to work if there is not price parity (or better) with other retailers?

Even worse, it proves Sony has not changed its ways since PS3 where it would charge £49.99 for new AAA games that could be found for as low as £35 on release day at retail. These prices just aren't competitive.

MMaRsu

Banned
How is the "all digital future" going to work if there is not price parity (or better) with other retailers?

Even worse, it proves Sony has not changed its ways since PS3 where it would charge £49.99 for new AAA games that could be found for as low as £35 on release day at retail. These prices just aren't competitive.

Those are EA's prices, which are more expensive than first party on the PSN store.

Still ridiculous, but blame EA.

I like to use my PS3 for playing tv shows / movies downloaded on a USB key. Looks like PS4 doesn't even have a video player (yet).. which is pretty shit.

level44

Quick question.

If I buy the Playstation camera on black friday at a cheaper cost from the US will it still work on an EU PS4. I assume yes but it would be good to have confirmation.
Hopefully I can find a good deal.

Ark

Quick question.

If I buy the Playstation camera on black friday at a cheaper cost from the US will it still work on an EU PS4. I assume yes but it would be good to have confirmation.
Hopefully I can find a good deal.

It should do. Not even Nintendo would region lock a peripheral.

PaulLFC

Are these the correct steps for buying games from the US store and playing on a UK account?:

1. Make US account, make it the "primary" account on PS4. Make UK account (my main account for trophies, PS+ etc) the secondary account.
2. Buy games from Amazon US, redeem on US primary account. Download.
3. Sign into UK (secondary) account. Play games.

For remote play, just log into the account registered on the Vita (UK account, secondary account on the PS4) and remote play will work for all the games?

The only other thing I'm not sure of is, does this affect anything like PS+ with the account that's registered to (UK) being the secondary one? It's all a bit confusing at the moment, but I'm sure it becomes a lot clearer when I actually have the PS4 and can try it out.

It's either that or I buy all my games on disc, because fuck EA and their rip off prices, no way I'm buying games on the UK store at those prices.

RaikuHebi

Banned
gonna be cancelling my pre-order. UK-GAF keep checking Amazon.

PMxNl40.png

i feel depressed, hold me GAF.

Nothing cancelled now will be made available for others to buy for Launch.

Also. Why?

Are these the correct steps for buying games from the US store and playing on a UK account?:

1. Make US account, make it the "primary" account on PS4. Make UK account (my main account for trophies, PS+ etc) the secondary account.
2. Buy games from Amazon US, redeem on US primary account. Download.
3. Sign into UK (secondary) account. Play games.

For remote play, just log into the account registered on the Vita (UK account, secondary account on the PS4) and remote play will work for all the games?

The only other thing I'm not sure of is, does this affect anything like PS+ with the account that's registered to (UK) being the secondary one? It's all a bit confusing at the moment, but I'm sure it becomes a lot clearer when I actually have the PS4 and can try it out.

It's either that or I buy all my games on disc, because fuck EA and their rip off prices, no way I'm buying games on the UK store at those prices.

It's not the accounts that are primary or secondary, it is the console. So you can make your PS4 the primary console for both accounts.

PaulLFC

Nothing cancelled now will be made available for others to buy for Launch.

Also. Why?

It's not the accounts that are primary or secondary, it is the console. So you can make your PS4 the primary console for both accounts.
I see, thanks. I thought I'd read somewhere that only one account could be primary or something, but if it's tied to the console then I assume that's related to something else.

KORNdoggy

These people mentioning shopto just out of the blue cancelling their pre-order after payment is making me paranoid, i keep checking my orders to make sure nothing has happened. I wonder why they're doing it?

Mideon

These people mentioning shopto just out of the blue cancelling their pre-order after payment is making me paranoid, i keep checking my orders to make sure nothing has happened. I wonder why they're doing it?

They didn't cancel my preorder it went through to orders with a status of processing and then vanished.

Certinty

Wouldn't really be surprised if some people got theirs on Thursday. I heard the only reason hardly any Xbox One orders were delivered early was because Microsoft told retailers specifically not to dispatch before Thursday. Given the PS4 has already been out for over a week in the US, hopefully Sony aren't as strict.

RaikuHebi

Banned
Wouldn't really be surprised if some people got theirs on Thursday. I heard the only reason hardly any Xbox One orders were delivered early was because Microsoft told retailers specifically not to dispatch before Thursday. Given the PS4 has already been out for over a week in the US, hopefully Sony aren't as strict.
They'll do it early. Guarantees them more numbers in their statistics right?

I am aware that some people might not get the paycheck they deserve in the Amazon DE logistic centers but striking on monday possibly even longer really kills my mood.

Haha! Amazon live chat reps must be getting sick of me. Im asking them questions every few days lol.

Eases my worries for a few hours then it's back to the stress!!

King_Moc

Banned
PS4 dispatched by Shopto to DPD for Friday delivery! I hope they get Mario to me on the Thursday. I'll struggle to justify the purchase of a £400 console to my girlfriend if i'm not even playing on it.

SnowHawk

Some people have received emails saying it's been packed and will ship Thursday. My email says dispatched and got the text as well. I'm hoping it comes early.

Carl

Woohoo my ShopTo order now says "Completed" :D PS4 and Knack look like they're coming together... NFS is still sitting in my preo-orders.

Ah well.

Never used DPD before - are they good?

Addnan

Woohoo my ShopTo order now says "Completed" :D PS4 and Knack look like they're coming together... NFS is still sitting in my preo-orders.

Ah well.

Never used DPD before - are they good?

The best. They will give 1 hour delivery window on morning of delivery. Amazing.

Bumhead

Banned
Haha! Amazon live chat reps must be getting sick of me. Im asking them questions every few days lol.

Eases my worries for a few hours then it's back to the stress!!

As much as I love the convenience of ordering stuff online, I'm a complete nightmare with the whole process of dispatch emails, payment processing and delivery. I'll be a nervous wreck all week.

Store collection certainly gives you a certain peace of mind. Can't foresee any issues there. I'll be experiencing both forms on Thursday night and Friday!

And Shopto have dispatched my PS4 mega bundle with FIFA =D

Looks like Madden is coming separate but not surprising seeing the time i pre-ordered it.

As much as I love the convenience of ordering stuff online, I'm a complete nightmare with the whole process of dispatch emails, payment processing and delivery. I'll be a nervous wreck all week.

Store collection certainly gives you a certain peace of mind. Can't foresee any issues there. I'll be experiencing both forms on Thursday night and Friday!

I agree lol. Although it's so easy to order something online and no matter how many people say there isn't a problem. Im always convinced there is going to be. I wont settle down until the PS4 is sat there in my front room. Then the worrying about it actually working will begin.

Mik3F

Some people have received emails saying it's been packed and will ship Thursday. My email says dispatched and got the text as well. I'm hoping it comes early.

It should say somewhere about it being dispatched on Thursday for a Friday delivery.

Top Bottom