• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ramadan 2016 |OT| Ramadan is over, now EID!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kickz

The masjid closest to me is gonna have the eid prayer AT nine, which is the friggin time I have to be at work.

How bad is it if I don't do the prayer?

I don't believe its a have to, some scholars say its Fard Kifayah, as in if the community has a representative amount of people performing it then its enough for everyone else.

When I was younger. I had to miss Eid Namaz due to school... Can you explain to your work that you will be a bit late due to religious services?

Where are you? My local mosque is having 3 Jamaats. The earliest is at 7:30 am.

Anyway, I local mosque stated that you don't have to do Jumah (Friday) prayers if you did Eid Prayers. I don't know what Madhab follows it... Its was surprising to hear this a couple of years ago... Anyone here know?
i asked my boss if i could come in a little late, but i was asking that thinking the prayer would be at 7 or 8am. i didn't know it was gonna be right at 9, i'm gonna be super late if that's the case and i don't know if it is worth it.
I don't believe its a have to, some scholars say its Fard Kifayah, as in if the community has a representative amount of people performing it then its enough for everyone else.
you mean it's not regular fard? in that case i won't feel that bad about not making it but i'd like to be absolutely sure

Zapages

i asked my boss if i could come in a little late, but i was asking that thinking the prayer would be at 7 or 8am. i didn't know it was gonna be right at 9, i'm gonna be super late if that's the case and i don't know if it is worth it. you mean it's not regular fard? in that case i won't feel that bad about not making it but i'd like to be absolutely sure

Here's some information that will hopefully help you decide: https://islamqa.info/en/48983

From whatI have read it seems to Farz/Fard/Wajib based on majority of madhabs...

Where do you live, is there another mosque closer to your work that you could attend earlier in the day?

Here's some information that will hopefully help you decide: https://islamqa.info/en/48983

From whatI have read it seems to Farz/Fard/Wajib based on majority of madhabs...

Where do you live, is there another mosque closer to your work that you could attend earlier in the day?
i live in upstate NY but throughout the week i am away from home. there is a masjid down the block from my cousin's place where i'm currently at but their prayer is right at 9.

i could leave his apartment early and try to go to manhattan masjid on cliff st but i don't know what time their prayer is. i tried calling the number on their website but there's no answer.

sunnah usually means optional, the first one on QA says that but the rest make it sound mandatory...ugh. if i can't do it i can't do it, god knows that i do kinda wanna do it but i'm not willing to show up very late to work because of it.

Zapages

i live in upstate NY but throughout the week i am away from home. there is a masjid down the block from my cousin's place where i'm currently at but their prayer is right at 9.

i could leave his apartment early and try to go to manhattan masjid on cliff st but i don't know what time their prayer is. i tried calling the number on their website but there's no answer.

sunnah usually means optional, the first one on QA says that but the rest make it sound mandatory...ugh. if i can't do it i can't do it, god knows that i do kinda wanna do it but i'm not willing to show up very late to work because of it.

I fully understand where you are coming from. I just checked Cliff street's masjid. I guess they updated it. :)

They have namaz at 8:30 am tomorrow based on their website: https://www.masjidmanhattan.com/ I hope this helps. :)

Next upcoming event will be:
"Eid-ul-Fitr" - Wednesday, July 6th
Salatul-Eid at 8:30am - Breakfast will be served

Please remember all the shaheed that died in Ramadan from the cowardly attacks from ISIS in your duas. Tonight we are celebrating. But some families are grieving and burying their loved ones who couldn't make it this far.

Innalillahi wa inna ilaihi raajioun, to everyone who could not make it.

ISIS is a cancer. Inshallah, their retribution will be swift and may they be disgraced in this life and the next.

Eid mubarak, everyone.

I missed most the khutbah for eid prayer this morning, unfortunately. Only got to the mosque in time for the prayer to start.

Incidentally, speaking of khutbah, I remember last year's imam was talking about the situation in Syria, saying that we as muslims should feel honored to fight and die for our muslim brothers or something like that. Made me and my dad pretty uncomfortable. The imam the year before was a pretty good dude, though. Looked a bit like Craig Charles, too.

Eid Mubarak to all.

Personally, I found this Ramadan to be a bit brutal, as I wasn't able to focus on it as much as I wanted, and it was in the middle of a bunch of big life changes that require a lot of energy (just moved, getting married in a week, etc). Not to mention I've been walking a shit ton in the city I'm in, which doesn't help.

عيد مبارك‎‎

May you all have a joyous eid and enjoy it with your family and loved ones.

Congrats to all who complete Ramadhan.
عيد مبارك Eid Mubarak!
كل عام وأنتم بخير May you all be good throughout the year!
Don't go binge on food now <3

Asalamo alaykum all,
&#127880;&#127873;&#127881; &#1593;&#1610;&#1583; &#1605;&#1576;&#1575;&#1585;&#1603;
&#1578;&#1602;&#1576;&#1604; &#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607; &#1605;&#1606;&#1575; &#1608;&#1605;&#1606;&#1603;&#1605; &#1575;&#1604;&#1591;&#1575;&#1593;&#1575;&#1578; &#1575;&#1606; &#1588;&#1575;&#1569;&#1575;&#1604;&#1604;&#1607;
May allah accept our good deeds, prayer and reading of the Quran inshallah and grant us the next Ramadan inshallah
Eid Mubarak! :)

score01

Eid Mubarak brothers and sisters! May Allah reward you all for your good deeds during the blessed month and raise you to the highest place in Janat.

Just read my Eid prayer and will be spending the first half of the day at my in-laws and the second half at my parents. Wife will have to be rolling me home tonight! ( Let the eating commence!)

Welp, I'm gonna gain at least a couple of kilograms from today's feast, and the day is not even over yet. There's still dinner and night snack time coming up.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Eid Mubarak GAF :)

First Eid in the US and without my south-asian family

Feels bad man ... :(

Eid mubarek GAF!!! I'm happy I got to go to the prayer. So, thanks for the help. I got to stay for a little bit of the kutbah and ended up being 3 minutes late to work but my boss was cool.
EID MUBARAK!

What a day to get unbanned. Sorry I missed out on the Ramadan journey with you guys.
Why were you banned?

Eid Mubarak again. I forgot to eat before going to prayer but always somebody w/ dates and coffee afterwards lol. Anybody get any eidi?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom