• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ramadan 2016 |OT| Ramadan is over, now EID!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why don't we know the day of eid weeks in advance? Through the use of scientific tools, we can precisely determine the phases of the moon for each day of the calendar regardless of weather conditions.

EDIT: Just checked and according the recorded moon phases, eid will be on Wednesday (USA EST)?

well groups like isna use astronomical calculations to determine eid and regions do follow, but others think you have to moon sight, or follow saudi. It does cause issues but it's one of those things that ppl will disagree on

Why do we ever hear about moonfighting when Ramadan is announced lol.

I live in the UK, and Eid is most likely going to be on Wednesday.

T-Rex.

Banned
I don't think there's ever been an Eid where everyone does it on the same day. London and Manchester nearly always celebrate it on a different day to Birmingham.

I don't think there's ever been an Eid where everyone does it on the same day. London and Manchester nearly always celebrate it on a different day to Birmingham.
It's not even city by city, the people following Saudi do it on that day and the people following the UK sighting do it on that day, sometimes it's the same, sometimes it isn't.

Aki-at

Tonight might be the last night?

We've had too many short Ramadans in England for a while now, it must be a conspiracy.

So many religious muslims on neogaf???

We're just swelling our numbers up, waiting for the time to strike and take control of GAF.

Ashes

Banned
IMG-20160704-WA0003.jpg

Yasir

Got sent this from a friend.

OFFICIAL: Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE have announced #EidulFitr will be on Wednesday, July 6.

Will be waiting on my local mosque to see what the deal is for the UK.

Anion

Oh man I'm so glad it's Wednesday actually lol. If it was Tuesday, we would have to drive 9 hours today to visit the entire extended family. Now we can push it back lol

Got sent this from a friend.

OFFICIAL: Saudi Arabia, Qatar and the UAE have announced #EidulFitr will be on Wednesday, July 6.

Will be waiting on my local mosque to see what the deal is for the UK.

iinm london central mosque already announced that eid is on wednesday...

Oh man your right....omg wow

Saudi Arabia's city of Medina 'hit by suicide bomb'
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-middle-east-36706761

So now they're coming for Sunnis too. I guess these assholes are pissed the rest of the Muslim world aren't rallying behind ISIS so now everyone is fair game?

This Ramadan had way too many awful shit happening. I wonder if we'll ever enjoy a peaceful Ramadan in our life time.

We outchea.

I might just be paranoid, but is anyone else worried about going to the mosque on Wednesday because of bombings like this?

Is there a way to just pray from home on the Eid?
It has to be in congregation, if you can get however many people are considered a congregation and an imam into your house I guess you could be =p. But seriously, Don't let this scare you it's what they want. Also you're more likely to die of other things than a terrorist attack so I guess that's nice.

Eid is on Wednesday for us here in Egypt as well, in sha Allah. This will be my first time celebrating Eid in a Muslim country so pretty excited.
So now they're coming for Sunnis too. I guess these assholes are pissed the rest of the Muslim world aren't rallying behind ISIS so now everyone is fair game?

This Ramadan had way too many awful shit happening. I wonder if we'll ever enjoy a peaceful Ramadan in our life time.

We outchea.
Haven't most of their victims been Sunni Muslims though?
I might just be paranoid, but is anyone else worried about going to the mosque on Wednesday because of bombings like this?

Dude just forget about that stuff. Like the poster above me said the chances of that happening to you is small.

Ashes

Banned

The call for wider community participation is greater during Eid Namaaz.

Kinda sad how people are fearful to congregate for prayer.

wenaldy

We celebrate Eid Fitr on Wednesday 6 July 2016 (according the result of moon sighting in Indonesia). Eid mubarak my brothers!!!

faridmon

I am gonna miss this month. Anyone else doing the 6 days of Shawall?

I think its a must if you want to mak ethe most out of your fasting.

Yeah, we just don't yell it out considering the board we are in.

Terrorists have reached that far into the KSA?!

Sad isn't it.

These people want to make everyone suffer regardless of your skin, country and even religion.

effzee

Due to my new job and a super early work schedule, I have to say this was by the far the toughest Ramadan I have had. Not due to food or hunger but because of lack of sleep.

I have to be at work by 7am and to get there my commute starts at 530. So after eating and praying I was getting 45-60 minutes of sleep. Was a zombie at work and the worst of it during meetings with senior Admin.

Will consider not waking up for food next year if my schedule remains the same. Rather eat another late night meal before going to bed for the night.

Anyway with that out of the way, an early EID MUBARAK to everyone!

Usually I'd be all about the moon wars but this past month, the wear and tear, and the recent (or continuous really) ISIS attacks have just left me feeling defeated. No need to fight over which day is right or which method is right. We have bigger things to worry about. I am legit scared about what ISIS might be able to pull off next and wish we, as the Muslims community, step up as much as possible to help eradicate this strain of evil.

We suffer the most from groups likes these and ultimately it will be up to us to cleanse our populations of this ideology. I've said it before but to me it all stems from devaluing our lives. All we are always told is that this life is nothing that we must work towards the afterlife. I think we need to get to our young people earlier and really reverse this point to hammer home the idea that this life is worth living for and you don't just work towards the after life.

Only takes a few modifications to lead people to believe not only does this life, their lives, or the lives of others (women, children, Muslim and non Muslim) doesn't mean anything and they are within their rights to kill as they please.

Feeling bummed out :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom