• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank (PS4) - First Trailer [Up: 8 minutes of gameplay, $40]

Salz01

beautiful

amazing work as always from Insomniac.

PM7Mlw6.jpg

40 bucks for this thing! Is this real life? Pinch me...

Just look at the reaction this game is getting. If it had some quality time at E3, it would have been huge.

What time are you living in? Why are you talking you know it won't be getting quality time at E3? And no I don't think this would get to +30 pages on monday, it'd be overshadowed by bigger announcements, not just from Sony but MS and Nintendo as well.

Since jstevenson is here, may I ask;

Is this reimagening only altering story of R&C1?

I wouldnt want story from Future series to get rebooted/removed. So is it possible to get continuation for Into the Nexus at some point?

JP

After a worrying few years where Insomniac wanted to "try something new" with the series it's a relief to see that this seems to play just like the earlier games.

hawk2025

Waiting for this to show up on bestbuy.com to lock down that $32 price :D

After a worrying few years where Insomniac wanted to "try something new" with the series it's a relief to see that this seems to play just like the earlier games.

Resistance 3 -> Into the Nexus -> Sunset Overdrive -> R&C: TGBotMBotG

Seem to be on a roll to me

sinxtanx

Adding a pre-order bonus, given the metrics that probably exist for what it does to sales, may have given them a little more leeway with the budget.

Just a guess.

yeah no

here's what I think

-Game was getting larger and ended up delaying both it and the movie
-Sony targets it for pre-order cycle hoopla, "make sure it's one of the weapons"
-Insomniac: "fuck"

Newboi

Man seeing that trailer has been such a nostalgia bomb. This game is going to be so bought. RC 1, 2, and 3 are near and dear to my heart (Going Commando was my favorite).

It's going to be hard waiting a full year for the game to release, but I'm glad the team is taking all of the time they need.

hawk2025

yeah no

here's what I think

-Game was getting larger and ended up delaying both it and the movie
-Sony targets it for pre-order cycle hoopla, "make sure it's one of the weapons"
-Insomniac: "fuck"

...this is literally the same conclusion with a shitty bent.

A larger budget, and larger scope may have resulted in it falling in the pre-order content cycle, yes.

But if that made the game larger, better, and more polished, what are we complaining about, again?

Piggus

Doesnt look much different than the first one released on ps3, graphically.

lmao

Yeah, the massive upgrade to lighting, effects, shaders, resolution, post processing, reflections, textures, and geometry detail amounts to "not much different than the first game."

Sometimes I wonder if people who make comments like this have even seen screenshots of the game they're comparing to in the last three or four years. Ratchet and Clank was good looking on PS3, that's what you remember. But the reality is its quite dated looking compared to this new game.

I will say without the pre-order wall, the Bouncer wouldn't be in at all. We added it specifically as a pre-order bonus fairly recently! I was so happy we managed to find a way to squeeze it in thanks to that

So just to be clear, pre-ording is the only way to get the Bouncer and it won't be available in-game?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Only quickly glanced at a couple moments of the videos. I don't need to see more. As expected, I'll grab it right away.

AlexIIDX

Dang,that looks gorgeous...I'm ashamed to say I've never played a ratchet and clank game. I've just tried out demos....I'm definitely interested in this.

orochi91

You know, I never realized how much I've missed PS2/PS1 platformers.

Spyro, Jak & Daxter, R&C and etc.

These games were all I used to play as a kid.

Day 1 for this new R&C.

sinxtanx

...this is literally the same conclusion with a shitty bent.

A larger budget, and larger scope may have resulted in it falling in the pre-order content cycle, yes.

But if that made the game larger, better, and more polished, what are we complaining about, again?

The Bouncer

I'm salty as fuck

hawk2025

The Bouncer

I'm salty as fuck

I'm totally playing devil's advocate here because I love the game and I would pre-order regardless -- but I completely understand, actually.

Don't mean to push too hard, pre-order bonuses really irk me too in general. I suppose I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and trying to see the silver lining.

jstevenson

Sailor Stevenson
Since jstevenson is here, may I ask;

Is this reimagening only altering story of R&C1?

I wouldnt want story from Future series to get rebooted/removed. So is it possible to get continuation for Into the Nexus at some point?

honestly we're focused on this right now and the film. What might come next is anyone's guess.

I also don't think this blows away the rest of the continuity either, it's kind of a new take on the origins.

R0nn

It does look really pretty and I always liked how these games play. I've finished several of them on the PS2 and PS3. But tbh, I was expecting a bit more gameplay wise. It's the exact same gameplay design and formula we've known for years.

I know you shouldn't try to fix something that isn't broken, but after so many of these games, I'm getting rather burned out by the same old formula. I really hope they've increased the scope of the game in some way due to increased hardware power. I mean, even most of the weapons are exactly the same as in the last few games. They could've at least tried to revamp that.

As it stand now, it looks very beautiful, but it lacks ambition otherwise.
Still, they don't seem to ask full price for it, so that's cool and all.

8 minutes of gameplay and it costs 40 dollars?

What the fuck???

looks awesome, one of my favorite Sony franchises and I hate that it was delayed

Top Bottom