• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rep. Steve King (R) proposes legislation to block Harriet Tubman $20 bill change

Status
Not open for further replies.

FyreWulff

if you're wondering how he got elected in Iowa, his district is basically the very definition of the "fire and brimstone" conservative population. Every time i drive through there 90% of the radio dial is armageddon talk radio.

Also this is why the Treasury needs to speed this shit up. Shitbirds like him are going to try to defund it.

Between his antics and Grassley blocking supreme court nomination, I'm doing my part next election and voting them out. Joni Ernst is still in the watch pile.

Neither of them are going anywhere.

King is in an unassailable district and Grassley is the most popular politician in the state.

I completely misread the name as Stephen King and was extremely confused and distressed for a moment.

On topic: does this surprise anybody?

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Show him this:

13082776_10206010679961118_4841121763217289001_n.jpg

"It's not about Harriet Tubman, it's about keeping the picture on the $20," King said Tuesday evening, pulling a $20 bill from his pocket and pointing at President Andrew Jackson. "Y'know? Why would you want to change that? I am a conservative, I like to keep what we have."

The conservative gadfly said it is "racist" and "sexist" to say a woman or person of color should be added to currency. "Here's what's really happening, this is liberal activism on the part of the president, that's trying to identify people by categories and he's divided us on the lines of groups. ... This is a divisive proposal on the part of the president and mine's unifying. It says just don't change anything."

Can't even make this shit up.

He also tried to get the House to block changing the 20 but fortunately that failed.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/house-could-vote-to-block-harriet-tubman-from-20-bill-224637

Edwins

I'm glad Steve King's firm belief in keeping what we have is his most important political motivation. I look forward to his bill suggesting we keep Obama in the White House.

Why are they so adamant to hold onto these insane, ass backwards ideas?!? Like this man sounds like he's willing to die not to see a black women on a currency note in his life time.

Aurongel

Washington was actually on the $20 bill before Jackson so according to his linear logic, we should really go back to that because OLD > NEW.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

Washington was actually on the $20 bill before Jackson so according to his linear logic, we should really go back to that because OLD > NEW.

NO EXCEPTIONS.

If we set the precedent that the money can be changed, pretty soon millennials will put pewdiepie and Future on them!

kess

The $20 bill looked pretty badass before Steve King was even born, so fuck his misplaced concept of conservatism

688px-US-%2420-FRN-1914-Fr-958a.jpg

Show him this:

13082776_10206010679961118_4841121763217289001_n.jpg

My brain just realized the concept of taking out a piece of paper with Harriet Tubman's face on it and putting into a stripper ass crack. That is a thing that is going to happen soon. I don't think I could spend a Tubman (the slang will be Dubman mark my words)
on any of the stupid crap I waste money on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom