• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rep. Steve King (R) proposes legislation to block Harriet Tubman $20 bill change

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kettch

GAoKavK.png

I say we cut out the red stripes from our flags. How can we afford all that dye when we're so far in debt?

That's basically the definition of conservatism though.

It doesn't have to be, but they've tripled down on culture or social wars instead of sticking to their bread and butter of screwing the poors out of their money. A lot of right wing folks simply don't give a shit about social issues at all one way or the other, and so this focus on it is just costing them votes without gaining new ones (since the racists are already voting for them).

Slayven

Here's what's really happening: This is liberal activism on the part of the president that's trying to identify people by categories, and he's divided us on the lines of groups .... This is a divisive proposal on the part of the president, and mine's unifying. It says just don't change anything….

President Obama's on his way out the door. He's going to do everything he can think of to upset this society and this civilization.

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/06/steve-king-harriet-tubman/488219/

I want to see the quote word for word. Not that I don't believe it.

Ive heard this sentiment echoed many times. Its a popular belief amongst racist whites.

Cant really blame them when all you hear growing up and all you learn in school is how amazing white people are.

I disagree with changing who's on any of our currencies, barring like... the $2 bill or something.

I wanted to defend that guy though but I clicked that twitter video and I just can't lol. If only he had limited his claim to United States history, then it would be defensible, but as it is he's just delusional and most certainly racist.

I disagree with changing who's on any of our currencies, barring like... the $2 bill or something.

I wanted to defend that guy though but I clicked that twitter video and I just can't lol. If only he had limited his claim to United States history, then it would be defensible, but as it is he's just delusional and most certainly racist.

Why?

sans_pants

avec_pénis

please go on

It still wouldn't unless you want to pretend slavery never happened

MartyStu

Currency is not somehow sacred. It has been changed for all sorts of trivial reasons.

Did you know that prior to the Cold War, 'God' was not actually on our money? Or that there have been multiple people on the 20 other than Tubman and there will be others after she is taken off?

qmXwjPm.gif

LiK

why can't people change who's on the currencies? this happens all the time.

Currency is not somehow sacred. It has been changed for all sorts of trivial reasons.

Did you know that prior to the Cold War, 'God' was not actually on our money? Or that there have been multiple people on the 20 other than Tubman and there will be others after she is taken off?

Exactly. Like the forefathers are sacred or something. Fuck them. Racist fucks built this country on the backs and blood of slaves and the natives.

Land of the free my ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom