• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumor: Zelda coming to both Wii U + NX, choose between male/female link, VA for NPCs

Who would you like to be the female character option in Zelda U?

Results are only viewable after voting.

whipihguh

Banned
That all sounds great and I hope it's true.

I also hope that the voice acting is good, but I doubt the game would have it if Nintendo didn't think they could do it right.

Chase17

If true, hopefully the voice acting will be good. Right choice to keep Link silent. Only worry is that Zelda has a lot of eccentric/weird characters and voices may be hit or miss for them.

Interesting to see where this goes. Potential end of lip flapping!

Kinsei

Banned
Rumor 1: Good.

Rumor 2: Great! Hopefully her design isn't based on Linkle.

Rumor 3: Ugh, I hated that in Dragon Age Origins. Silent protagonists don't work in games with voice acting.

Broken Joystick

At least you can talk. Who are you?
please don't be Linkle

You in two month's time when it's revealed

Xw22ahs.gif

Male link will be my first run but female link is enough for a second run. Hope they push a plot reason for both options being available. Make it twins with one sibling being captured or something.

Griss

HOLY SHIT!

Big news if true! Female link pretty much suggests the opposite of what I want (I want him to be less of a mute and more of a character), but if they are keeping him as a blank slate then that option is awesome.

I hope female Link is as cute as Linkle, lol.

And voice acting? About time. Let's hope it's Kid Icarus tier and not Other M tier.

Jesus christ... what is Zelda herself going to sound like? They'd better nail that one.

Jarmel

Banned
In theory I should be fine with the choice to choose between male and female but I guess my issue is how even more generic are they going to go with the story so that it works for both sexes? Also if you're going to let use choose sexes, why can't you then just let us choose VAs too?

orioto

Good Art™
Now the question would be:

_Game dev to the end on WiiU then uported to NX
or
_Dev kinda dropped on WiiU to make the NX the main platform, then downscaled to WiiU.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
If there's the same amount of 'character' with Link as there has been in previous ones, and they'll let you choose genders, they might as well go full on character creator
wtzgU.gif

Mupod

we'll need to come up with some kind of elaborate irrigation/dam system to deal with all of the 'waaah but link HAS to be male why not make playable zelda' tears.

Fuck voice acting in a Zelda game. Also I'm against the idea of playing as a female Link or even just a different character in general but I'd rather they just force me to play as Linkle rather than give me the choice between male or female Link. Go all the way or not at all.

Neff

I'm not going to fly off the handle as some no doubt will but I don't like the idea of #1 and #2 at all, and hope they don't turn out to be true.

MrV4ltor

I can get on board with the voice acting if it's good and can be turned off but choosing between male and female I don't like. That's not because I have anything against the character being a girl but it needs to be either or and not a choice.

So what's the reasoning here? Give me a good reason why it shouldn't be an option.
giphy.gif

hupla

I like the sounds of all these rumours.

Wild how this game potentially comes out in November and the only things we know about it are from the teaser Trailer from 2 years ago and the short horse riding demo from the VGAS

Neoxon

I'm more than okay with this, but Nintendo better not cheap out on the voice acting. By this I mean, don't be afraid to hire unionized voice actors (Troy Baker, Steve Blum, Nolan North, Tara Strong, etc.). Not everyone has to be unionized (some great VAs like Laura Bailey & Patrick Setiz are non-union), I'm just saying that NoA better not limit themselves to just non-union, especially not for Zelda.

Jarmel

Banned
If there's the same amount of 'character' with Link as there has been in previous ones, and they'll let you choose genders, they might as well go full on character creator
wtzgU.gif

That's pretty much my feeling on the matter. If you're going to go this route, just go the full ten yards.

Zelda is coming to NX. Ya don't say.

Also I find it so stupid that they are going the lazy route and just making female Link. Just make Zelda playable ffs.

Adaren

Good, Good, Nope

Characterization without voice is part of Zelda's tone and charm; no benefit to adding it.

Top Bottom