• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teletraan1

Banned
Cqaq9Q8WgAAafjw.jpg

Kinda looks like a sandwich.

PS4 Slim |OT| The S is for Sandwitch

Elios83

Traditionally a Playstation Slim accompanies a $100 price drop. The PS4 can gi on sale for as low as $300 already, a $250 price is totally possible, especially with sales stalling now.

I think the official RSP will be 299$.
In the meantime retailers will sell the current units at even lower prices.
Then there will be holiday season promotions from Black Friday until the end of the year, last year PS4 got a timed 50$ price cut for example.
So even if the price is officially 299$ people interested in the standard PS4 are in for very good prices and deals in the next few months.

etta

my hard graphic balls
oh....the people who spend as much on an overpriced headset that's now the same price as a console?

Astro's.....are overpriced as hell for standard quality.....they should be kings of the crop for what you pay for them.

Those people can easily afford a $30 accessory to split hdmi to hdmi+optical for their headsets

Eh, nah Mixamp + 598s are the best.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
How would people feel if even the Neo doesn't have an UHD Bluray drive? Or maybe they weren't planning it but feel like they must now?

How would they not ship with an UHDBR drive and yet are blatantly pushing 4K and HDR on their PS meeting announcement card?

I think it would be very hard to argue that they are not going to be supporting their own bluray standard with a Playstation unit.

Chrisdk

Its a stripped down PSfour dude. The PS4NEO is the new hotness they are pushing.

I kinda feel like they are leaving everyone who can't afford or won't buy a PS Neo behind with that move. A UHD player is pretty important if you own a 4K TV. I still used the PS3 as a blu ray player for a long time back in the days. I know lots of people who uses it in another room with a smaller tv or in their vacation home. Even when i got my PS4. Pretty lame place to save money, when it isn't like the Xbox One S is super expensive.

I really think they should give us a UHD player in the slim. That no one left behind thing should have been used here...

Traditionally a Playstation Slim accompanies a $100 price drop. The PS4 can gi on sale for as low as $300 already, a $250 price is totally possible.

I think $250 is likely.
Like you said, you can already find PS4s out there for $300 as is - and this model, seemingly, doesn't have any upgrades to the interiors (No 4K output, no optical, only a 500gb HDD, ect...) and was created for the sole purpose of cutting production/manufacturing costs.

I mean we don't know anything official yet, I suppose, but I would be surprised if it were anything other than $249 for the slim and $399 for the Neo. Unless they're holding the Neo back and making some last minute changes, but I don't see that happening.

Brofield

#TeamFake

Tbh I just don't like it's design. I feel like Sony would know better to keep those sexy angles in at a merely smaller design

MaulerX

How would they not ship with an UHDBR drive and yet are blatantly pushing 4K and HDR on their PS meeting announcement card?

I think it would be very hard to argue that they are not going to be supporting their own bluray standard with a Playstation unit.

Maybe I'm wrong but can't you do those things without having a UHDBD?

oh....the people who spend as much on an overpriced headset that's now the same price as a console?

Astro's.....are overpriced as hell for standard quality.....they should be kings of the crop for what you pay for them.

Those people can easily afford a $30 accessory to split hdmi to hdmi+optical for their headsets

The mixamp, which is the only thing I bought was $100. I have much better headsets to go with it. As far as splitting hdmi to hdmi+optical, we'll have to see. Does the split retain the original encoded Dolby Digital 5.1 signal? If not, that makes the mixamp useless because it requires a DD signal for the surround sound.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom