• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
should have made it brushed aluminum, in black.
ALUFINISHINGBLACK.jpg

maybe they still can for neo.

MooMilk2929

We've been fooled by 3d printers before, but that don't look as crappy as 3d printed stuff does sometimes. Plus it's got packaging. I guess we'll see at that that news conference.

Damn, go to bed, wake up and it's all but confirmed! What's a UK store doing with a Middle-East model 3 weeks before launch? I'm not an expert on supply chain logistics (obviously) but surely these should all be locked in secure warehouses till closer to launch?

Oh well, all the better for us I suppose.

Can't see why they needed a redesign. The foot print hasn't changed much and the OG PS4 was pretty svelt already. Surely most of the cost savings are inside the box?

Don't like the power/eject buttons - squeezing fat fingers in the gap to push them - it's gonna pinch!

Still, count me a liker of the Apple Airport Extreme design (in the words of the great Mick Jagger - 'Paint it black').

So count me - #TeamThisIsProbablyRealButLetsSeeItPlugedIn

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
what the fuck, i just saw the trade in value for ps4's now at gamestop. It's 150.00. It was 200.00 like 5 days ago.

They knew.

Fuck I mind as well keep it now.

edit: best buy will give $200, but only through gift card.

Putty

Having slept on it i'm sticking with $249/£229. It's clearly being made to be as cheap for the consumer as possible but also keeping everything the same as Vanilla in terms of innards so no up clocks or anything like that, so i imagine this thing will actually be pretty quiet...or rather quieter than Vanilla. Neo on the other hand is exactly as House has already said...Premium...UHD/4K blah blah priced at $399/£349 with specs the same as leaked...I've been saying they might bump the speed a bit more but no, i think them specs are bang on...nothing will change.

DieH@rd

Banned
Why is there so much space between the two USB slots?

If PSVR USB cable is plugged into the center of the console [like on current PS4s], the routing of that cable can become issue for some. With this PS4 Slim port positions, one port is always near the edge, so that cable can be routed away in a more visually pleasing manner no matter if console is flat on the ground or in vertical position.

[I would still rather like another USB port at the back]

Here's a very rough size comparison.
LYPyvv3.jpg

Looks nice and small.

The S looks so hawt.
Got to hand it to any company that places value in good design. Getting in a guy who worships at the altar of Braun is always going to help. Leaps and bounds better than OG One.
Sony's effort is just cost cuttingly boring. Keeping fingers crossed that Neo looks hawt too.

Software update mang

Fuck can you imagine if they used the same drive, somehow a software update was actually pushed through and Jeff was vindicated. Watch that thread just implode. Shops of Jeff standing atop a pile of PS4's planting a "Believe" flag.

I'm aware it's been thoroughly debunked.

Raitaro

can you imagine if the 7th september is just the ps4 slim and not the neo and that has been pushed to next year.

GAF would be in meltdown mode.

That's exactly what I guessed would happen yesterday before the WSJ article surfaced. Seems like something they would do, perhaps to follow a similar path as the one that Mircrosoft is following currently, and it might explain why they kept mum on those earlier leaks (i.e. to not make the then unleaked Slim nearly obsolete before it was announced).

If they present it well, i.e. backed by devs who praise the fact that they are now having more time to adjust to Neo while the Slim is a nice tie-over console for those needing/wanting a (first or second) PS4 more urgently, and if they don't delay the Neo for too long after the Scorpio releases, maybe the can avoid a meltdown still? Or is that impossible in a post-No Man's Sky (*warning bad pun incoming* aka
A Man's Lie, as developed in Guiltford
), post-Metal Gear Survive world? Who knows at this point.

I'm still waiting to see some power in the thing and it booting up.

If it's real I have to say I prefer the design of the OG but I wouldn't say no to it, I still prefer the original PS3 compared to the 2 iterations that followed.

Damn, go to bed, wake up and it's all but confirmed! What's a UK store doing with a Middle-East model 3 weeks before launch? I'm not an expert on supply chain logistics (obviously) but surely these should all be locked in secure warehouses till closer to launch?

Oh well, all the better for us I suppose.
Takes time to get it to the Middle East.

I posted before, it seems odd to me that a ME console is in the UK. I wondered therefore if they're doing final packaging in one central location, or just deem is cost-effective to ship all consoles to on central location first (that being the UK).

And by final packaging I mean send a load of vanilla consoles to a central location what puts on the outer sleeve, any country-specific leaflets inside the box etc, apply latest firmware etc.

Either way, dodgy as heck to have one in your hands.

glaurung

It looks real enough to me, but I trust the Photoshop detectives more.

The button locations seem weird and the long distance between USB ports feels awkward. Also, where would the light effect for powering on come from?

Vol5

This does start to tie in nicely with Japanese news about the OG PS4 channel being cut. Plus, I imagine FW4.00 will be released on the day of the upcoming PlayStation event.

Could we be looking at a Neo release in September / Oct? I doubt Sony would reveal the slim and then say "and here's Neo for next year" and shoot themselves in the foot a la MS at E3.

Takes time to get it to the Middle East.

I posted before, it seems odd to me that a ME console is in the UK. I wondered therefore if they're doing final packaging in one central location, or just deem is cost-effective to ship all consoles to on central location first (that being the UK).

And by final packaging I mean send a load of vanilla consoles to a central location what puts on the outer sleeve, any country-specific leaflets inside the box etc, apply latest firmware etc.

Either way, dodgy as heck to have one in your hands.

The UAE use the same plugs as the UK and Ireland so it stands to reason you're correct.

I really hope the Neo keeps optical audio. Otherwise hello obsolete home theater system. :[

I'd be unhappy, I use Optical for my headset (Love my wireless mixamp). Optical is still pretty much the go to for surround sound AFAIK as it provides a raw signal which can be encoded into surround better.

can you imagine if the 7th september is just the ps4 slim and not the neo and that has been pushed to next year.

GAF would be in meltdown mode.

I actually think that's the likely scenario, shift a load of Slim's over Xmas, then launch Neo Feb/March, I hope that doesn't happen though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom