• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rumour: PS4 Slim leaked ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That doesn't really mean much though, Chris follows me, due to me asking for his assistance with a problem.

Not totally out, but I'd still like to see him fire the thing up, there shouldn't be any reason behind having not done that yet.

Yes there is - he's agreed with someone to do a full video breakdown etc (I think Pushsquare) so has probably been paid to post no more so they can get the traffic with the 'exclusive' 1st look

Burkatron81

So a new day dawns and still no powered up pics? Really want to see if the disc tray lights up like the OG Wii, would be cool.

I would say the design of the base is totally Sony. Anyone with the latest beta FW will have already noticed the circular loading icon has been replaced with the PS logos. I'd say this falls right in line for the slim and public FW update to come out together, just like the FW changed when the PS3 slim came out. Will give a fresh look to the system.

Randam

round corners??

Kornheiser_Why.jpg

Hesemonni

Banned
so 300 or 250, which one

i guess they could get away with a $299 if they bundled something. was the ps2 to ps2 slim price drop substantial?
$249 and $299 bundled with two first party digital games.

Can't see them going head to head with Xbox One S @ $299.

Mr Git

Welp, I left to finish my thesis when this thread was on the second page. Best get a pint of tea to catch up. Shit loads of actual pictures of not just a box now.

Gradly

Optical is basically dead. I can completely see them dropping support to save on the BOM

If Sony wants to copy the Apple style in revealing hardware, maybe they want to copy their actions in removing standard or old ports too haha. I think the next PS5 will not even have a Disc Drive at all :) Never used any Disc since long time by now and I'm 100% digital

Yes there is - he's agreed with someone to do a full video breakdown etc (I think Pushsquare) so has probably been paid to post no more so they can get the traffic with the 'exclusive' 1st look

Just to be clear, we (Push Square) aren't doing the full video that Shortmaneighty2 is talking about. I don't know who he's working with on that.

cheezcake

If Sony wants to copy the Apple style in revealing hardware, maybe they want to copy their actions in removing standard or old ports too haha. I think the next PS5 will not even have a Disc Drive at all :) Never used any Disc since long time by now and I'm 100% digital

To be fair optical is already dead, HDMI is better and more common

TsuWave

$249 and $299 bundled with two first party digital games.

Can't see them going head to head with Xbox One S @ $299.

why can't you see them going head to head with One S? they are market leaders, have the momentum, and all them perception factors that date all the way back to launch

With the backing of the insiders i trust on twitter assume it is real however interesting there is a sky plus box there but the services on the back are not uk ones but does say eu and is in English very strange. Assume this has been raised but did not see it skimming the thread.

I'd be unhappy, I use Optical for my headset (Love my wireless mixamp). Optical is still pretty much the go to for surround sound AFAIK as it provides a raw signal which can be encoded into surround better.

HDMI has been the standard for surround sound audio for some time. Many of the current formats used for Blurays and games (lossless 7.1 DTS and Dolby formats plus uncompressed multi-channel PCM) are not possible on optical which is limited to the DVD bitrate DTS and AC3 streams.

Is that a USB port on the back? Always hated that the PS4 only had two and if you have a wireless headset you have to have the dongle sticking out the front all the time.

It's a custom port for the PS Camera. Electronically it's USB3 based, but physically keyed to the camera's connector.

Hesemonni

Banned
why can't you see them going head to head with One S? they are market leaders, have the momentum, and all them perception factors that date all the way back to launch
I'm thinking because the lack of UHD BD would probably make it seem like a inferior product in comparison. Then again, I'm not entirely sure the general public even knows what UHD BD is and those who care are probably going to wait until NEO anyway..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom