• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

Izick

I've avoided coverage of the game so far, so I really have to avoid the demo. Well, it's not like I could play it anyway at this point.

DC1

Since no Redboxes in my area carry Ascension, I figure Ill just run out and pick up a used copy for 35 bucks from GS, finish the demo a couple times and then return the game in a few days and get my money back. Problem solved.
GOWA is pretty good. I loved the new weighed combat.

Regarding TLOU:
Can't wait to get home and throw on the head sets. No need to freak out my young one (I understand that the environmental sound is fantastic).

Andrew.

Banned

Regarding TLOU:
Can't wait to get home and throw on the head sets. No need to freak out my young one (I understand that the environmental sound is fantastic).

Ive never been a GOW fan, but I'll end up trying it out anyway I'm sure. No reason not to.

The_Monk

Regarding TLOU:

This is one thing I'm very curious about, the sound design in this game. Getting my Headset to play this game too.

Since no Redboxes in my area carry Ascension, I figure Ill just run out and pick up a used copy for 35 bucks from GS, finish the demo a couple times and then return the game in a few days and get my money back or simply put it towards the Survival Edition. Problem solved and I win.

I would make sure you don't need the online pass to get the demo before you buy that.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Ive never been a GOW fan, but I'll end up trying it out anyway I'm sure. No reason not to.

Since I had the game there, figured I'd try it. Yep, it's GoW. Got bored after about 15 mins.

It's pretty impressive visually... and very epic, but I just don't like the gameplay in those games anymore. I especially dislike not having camera control. I turned it off at one point when it had me doing this congested fight with the camera pulled waaaaay back, I could barely see anything.

Annoying. No thanks.

Andrew.

Banned
Same way Ive always felt on top of not caring for Kratos. Im more interested in what it pulls off visually. That and the orchestral scores have always been really well done.

Dantis

You guys might wanna listen to the start of this.....it doesn’t have any spoilers.

Basically they say the demo isn’t a very good representation of the full game...

It's worth mentioning that it seems that the guy who said that went in with negative expectations.

Listening to that conversation, that a guy who expected it to not be very good and came out liking it, doesn't have me at all worried.

Evolved1

They talk about it from the very start of the video....

At the start of the video they talk about velociraptor tea and where they went on holiday... it must have been right after that, I guess? I had turned it off by then.

Thinking I will crack and try out the demo tonight after work. Need to go shopping first and then will be heading home. I'm too weak! Got the Joel edition on preorder though so looking forward to that arriving and playing through.

Carl

Not sure if i wanna play it. I mean, i DO. Been looking forward to it for ages. But the full game release is only two weeks away and not sure if i want to ruin it or not.

I'll probably cave and play it

nero2082

I could, potentially, stream the demo.

pretty please

begging-puppy.jpg

I just don't know whether to download it. I'm leaning towards yes, because I want to experience it now, but at the same time I'd love to go into the game fresh without knowing I've already played a part.

God damn decisions!!!

The_Monk

I just don't know whether to download it. I'm leaning towards yes, because I want to experience it now, but at the same time I'd love to go into the game fresh without knowing I've already played a part.

God damn decisions!!!

Just take a little peak at least fellow GAFfer!

Hanmik

I´m Curious to see how big the demo is..

the Beta-demo used a 166mb download file (guess that is on the GOW:A disc).. and that downloader downloaded 6.4Gb of demo...

Evolved1

Be warned... I will probably end up writing an essay on this thing.

I´m Curious to see how big the demo is..

the Beta-demo used a 166mb download file (guess that is on the GOW:A disc).. and that downloader downloaded 6.4Gb of demo...

6.4 GB? o_O Are you kidding me?!?! That's going to take a while to download...

Edit: Just did a speed test. Was curious to see what speed I had because I didn't really know. My internet is free through my rent where I live.

Is it normal to have higher upload than download? lol

2743601748.png

moho-foe

Neo Member
Does anyone know if you need the online pass or anything to get the demo? Because if not, I'm gonna go out and rent GoW:A later.

I doubt you would. The demo is it's own section in the "menu" separate from multiplayer. I'll be booting the game up in about 30 minutes to see what's up.

GamerSciz

FYI I plan to do a live stream of the demo on my youtube channel after I get home from work. Check out my twitter or my youtube/Gamersciz for details. I can't wait to play the game!!

Edit: Just did a speed test. Was curious to see what speed I had because I didn't really know. My internet is free through my rent where I live.

2743601748.png

Yeah, it's okay.

Hanmik

2743601748.png

ohh du er dansker..! (me to)

I was actually surprised by how fast the 6.4Gb downloaded ... less than 2 hours (if I remember correctly).. and I have a shitty connection..

I have GOW but am just gonna wait and go in fresh. If there was any way I could give my demo access to one of you folks I would.

Top Bottom