• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Last of Us Demo (GoW:A Exclusive) Discussion Thread

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
The download is done via disk, which then links you to the PSN store, right? Do we know whether the demo will show up in my DL list and be downloaded on another PS3 with my account?

My body is ready!
2743643427.png

masterkajo

The download is done via disk, which then links you to the PSN store, right? Do we know whether the demo will show up in my DL list and be downloaded on another PS3 with my account?

Maybe we can have a GAF PS3 account so everyone can have a try at the demo if it indeed appears in the download history.

Erasus

6.4 GB? o_O Are you kidding me?!?! That's going to take a while to download...

Edit: Just did a speed test. Was curious to see what speed I had because I didn't really know. My internet is free through my rent where I live.

Is it normal to have higher upload than download? lol

2743601748.png

I have the same setup, its awesome!

Brag time:
2743677153.png

(Youtube still lags at 1080p and Twitch still lags on 720 lol)

Dont have my PS3 here though, and I dont have GoW:A. Ill watch the stream though.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
This is a good idea, someone should make a thread if this is possible.

If its possible, it probably will only work on 2 PS3's like any other digital download.

Order

If its possible, it probably will only work on 2 PS3's like any other digital download.
I think it worked fine for everyone before when we did this for the GoW:A demo.

Until some asshole changed the account password

haikira

No way, I remember threads were we did this and dozen upon dozens of gaffers were able to download a demo.

Sorry. I meant you could have 5 consoles activated at one given time. but yeah, for sharing demos you could just download and deactivate. For actual games though, it used to be 5 and is now 2.

It's actually possible to download to an infinite number of PS3's, but you would need to deactivate the account on the systems all the time.

But are those restrictions applicable to a demo? Remember there were a few PSN accounts set up by gaffers to download the Ascension beta

I'm surprised so many people are planning to spoil themself in two weeks. I don't want anything ruining the experience so after I pick up my pre-order I'm going to put the game away for 3-4 months before playing.

I'm surprised so many people are planning to spoil themself in two weeks. I don't want anything ruining the experience so after I pick up my pre-order I'm going to put the game away for 3-4 months before playing.

Isn't that like 3-4 more months of possibly having it spoiled?

The_Monk

This makes no sense at all for me, getting a game Day one, playing 4 months later.

lol come on, it's a joke. Some many people saying it would ruin/spoil the experience playing the demo so I made a joke :p

Phew..! :p

GamerSciz

I have the same setup, its awesome!

Brag time:
2743677153.png

(Youtube still lags at 1080p and Twitch still lags on 720 lol)

Dont have my PS3 here though, and I dont have GoW:A. Ill watch the stream though.

With speeds like that if your streams lag then your settings are wrong. You have phenominal speeds and should in no way shape or form have any problem streaming at 1080P on youtube or twitch. Mine is just 25dl and 5ul and I can stream smooth 720P on Twitch. Youtube I am still trying to work it out.

With speeds like that if your streams lag then your settings are wrong. You have phenominal speeds and should in no way shape or form have any problem streaming at 1080P on youtube or twitch. Mine is just 25dl and 5ul and I can stream smooth 720P on Twitch. Youtube I am still trying to work it out.
It's hit or miss for me with HD streaming on youtube. The problem is you could have the fastest internet in the world, but if you get connected to a shitty server on youtube or anywhere for that matter, your connection has no influence at all.

Top Bottom