• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Carn82

has this been posted yet? (if so, my bad!)

source: DS

Today Sony Computer Entertainment Europe held an event dedicated to the launch of The Last of Us Remastered, and MeriStation Eeditor Javi Andrés took upon himself the task to tweet the slides showcasing the full list of improvements from the PS3 version of Naughty Dog’s masterpiece.

1080p/60 FPS in single player and multiplayer.
Texture maps are 4x more detailed. Shadow maps 2x.
Higher resolution particle effects.
Occlusion mapping on decals.
No texture streaming.
Longer draw distances, better LOD
Expanded audio menu options.
Possibility to lock frame rate at 30 FPS.
Possibility to swap trigger and thumbsticks controls.
DualShock 4 touch pad, light bar and speaker supported.
Cinematics with commentary by Neil Druckmann, Troy Baker and Ashley Johnson.

We also learn that more add-on releases are planned for 2014, and all of them will be cross-buy between the PS4 and PS3 versions. Incidentally the presentation also included another piece of info on the game’s sales. The original The Last of Us for PS3 sold seven million copies.

Guymelef

ibfJtX9UUWj28n.jpg

Screenshot mode? Hell yesssssssssssssss! Love that thing in Infamous:SS.

Think of the screenshots we are gonna see in the Console screenshots thread. Hnnnghhhh.

Messing around with screenshot tool more than actually playing the game confirmed.

Huggers

That screenshot thing was awesome in Infamous. Some of the stuff people came up with was brilliant. TLOU will lend itself rather nicely to some very atmospheric looking shots you'd think. I have a particular part in mind towards the end

I preferred both Infamous:SS and Killzone: SF without the 30fps lock, so there's no way I'm turning it on for TLOUR. Even if it isn't 60fps the majority of the time.
It will be.

twdnewh_k

Thinking of importing the Steelbook case from Amazon.de. I assume English language is supported... anything else I need to know? is the German version different from the UK version in terms of censorship, content, etc?

Thanks

The hype/positive reaction that screenshot modes give people should be reason enough for Sony to ask all of their exclusive studios to include it in their games. It's such a simple feature, but people enjoy taking pictures of things they love. It should be a standard feature in every game, imo.

I'm the type of person who will just spend ages looking around in a game, appreciating the visuals. A screenshot tool is perfect for this.

It'll probably be the same deal as the PS3 version, where having the flashlight on in combat and casting shadows everywhere will cause drops from 60, though there's no way it'll go down to 20s this time. So they added a 30fps lock for those that don't like drops.

Photo mode is an amazing addition if true. Can't wait.

barit

The hype/positive reaction that screenshot modes give people should be reason enough for Sony to ask all of their exclusive studios to include it in their games. It's such a simple feature, but people enjoy taking pictures of things they love. It should be a standard feature in every game, imo.

I'm the type of person who will just spend ages looking around in a game, appreciating the visuals. A screenshot tool is perfect for this.

Yeah I hope DriveClub and The Order have similar features. Share the greatness I say !

mitchman

Gold Member
The madness in this thread, coupled with the fact that I needed some practice, means that I just put together a video to express how I feel about there being no gameplay footage yet, and that I don't want to wait anymore.
Did you forget to post the link to the video perhaps?

Vaga

Thinking of importing the Steelbook case from Amazon.de. I assume English language is supported... anything else I need to know? is the German version different from the UK version in terms of censorship, content, etc?

Thanks

All European discs are the same, the only difference is between US and EU in terms of an idiotic multiplayer gore censorship, you can blame zee germans for this.

I have the same steelbook pre-ordered and also will buy the digital US game. Wallet am cry...

Bastardo

30fps lock option means framerate is fluctuating a bit below 60fps most likely.

We should really vote for 50fps or (if technically possible) even 48fps lock options if that is the case. Naughty Dog definitely has some push with Sony and Sony has enough TV resources to make it happen.

Nearly all TVs support 50fps, because they support PAL besides NTSC, so that should be really just a config option. 48fps should also be mostly supported for 3D 24fps TVs.

This would give developers some headroom and the PS4 some Digital Foundry love.

I really hope they don't release any new maps, what's on the PS4 disc is more than enough and we don't want the community divided again.

Release hats and stuff, a horde mode or whatever. Just no more maps.

DevilFox

Good news but more DLCs? Nope, bad decision. I'll wait to see if there's any chance to see a GOTY edition with everything included.

nib95

Banned
So close to pulling the trigger on this, but beat the game twice already, and sunk in countless hours in multiplayer. It's currently only £29 in the UK, and I've never played or bought Left Behind, so I'm tempted….

Yasawas

So close to pulling the trigger on this, but beat the game twice already, and sunk in countless hours in multiplayer. It's currently only £29 in the UK, and I've never played or bought Left Behind, so I'm tempted….

Where? I've a £31 Zavvi preorder I'd be delighted to take somewhere else.

Where? I've a £31 Zavvi preorder I'd be delighted to take somewhere else.

Gamestop UK. I've posted a notification a few times in this thread, i should have done it again recently for those who might have missed it. They also have a deal where you can get TLOUR for £9.97 if you trade in a select game. These are the eligible games:

ANIMAL CROSSING 3DS
LUIGIS MANSION 2 3DS
MARIO KART 7 3DS
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS 2 3DS
POKEMON X 3DS
POKEMON Y 3DS
PROFESSOR LAYTON VS ACE 3DS
ZELDA A LINK BETWEEN WO 3DS
ZELDA OCARINA TIME 3DS
AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 Playstation 3
BOUND BY FLAME Playstation 3
DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE Z Playstation 3
LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES Playstation 3
LEGO MOVIE Playstation 3
WATCH DOGS Playstation 3
AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 Playstation 4
ASSASSINS CREED 4 Playstation 4
BATTLEFIELD 4 Playstation 4
BOUND BY FLAME Playstation 4
COD GHOSTS Playstation 4
INFAMOUS SECOND SON Playstation 4
INJUSTICE GOTY Playstation 4
LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES Playstation 4
LEGO MOVIE Playstation 4
MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT Playstation 4
NFS RIVALS Playstation 4
THIEF Playstation 4
TOMB RAIDER Playstation 4
UFC Playstation 4
WATCH DOGS Playstation 4
WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER Playstation 4
DONKEY KONG COUNTRY TR Wii U
LEGO MARVEL SUPERHEROES Wii U
LEGO MOVIE Wii U
MARIO KART 8 Wii U
NEW SUPER MARIO BROS U Wii U
SCRIBBLENAUTS UNLIMITED Wii U
SONIC LOST WORLD Wii U
SUPER MARIO 3D WORLD Wii U
ZELDA WIND WAKER HD Wii U
AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 Xbox 360
BOUND BY FLAME Xbox 360
DRAGON BALL Z BATTLE Z Xbox 360
LEGO MOVIE Xbox 360
TITANFALL Xbox 360
WATCH DOGS Xbox 360
AMAZING SPIDERMAN 2 Xbox One
ASSASSINS CREED 4 Xbox One
BATTLEFIELD 4 Xbox One
COD GHOSTS Xbox One
FORZA 5 Xbox One
LEGO MOVIE Xbox One
MURDERED SOUL SUSPECT Xbox One
NFS RIVALS Xbox One
THIEF Xbox One
TITANFALL Xbox One
TOMB RAIDER Xbox One
UFC Xbox One
WATCH DOGS Xbox One
WOLFENSTEIN NEW ORDER Xbox One

quickwhips

If it is hitting 60 with ease locked 30 option makes no sense. Little worried hope multi will keep 60 don't care about single player.

Hoje0308

Banned
Good news but more DLCs? Nope, bad decision. I'll wait to see if there's any chance to see a GOTY edition with everything included.

So, they give you the original game which still sells for about $30 on Amazon and include DLC that - with a season pass - costs $20 and put that all on one disk, double the resolution and frame rate while making other upgrades to the graphics and sell it for $50 and you still want to wait for a GOTY edition that will probably never come because they might be releasing DLC that might cost money that may be something more than MP gear and trinkets?

The Last of Us: Remastered [OT] Re-remaster or bust, motherfucker

Top Bottom