• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

TomShoe

Banned
Guys this is getting out of hand

Xy2wV.jpg

iamjohn

I'm looking forward to replaying the story but I'm even more excited for the multiplayer. Anybody else in the same boat? I really wanna see this MP take off (at least until September 9th).

If it is hitting 60 with ease locked 30 option makes no sense. Little worried hope multi will keep 60 don't care about single player.

Some people prefer the 'cinematic' 30fps over the silky smooth 60fps. No one on Gaf may appreciate this but it is the case. Offering a locked 30fps mode is simply allowing these people to play the game how they want. ND have already tweeted repeatedly that they are hitting above 60fps, so I wouldn't worry about there not being a stable 60fps, this is a given.

Yasawas

Gamestop UK. I've posted a notification a few times in this thread, i should have done it again recently for those who might have missed it. They also have a deal where you can get TLOUR for £9.97 if you trade in a select game. These are the eligible games:

lots of words

Ah, thanks! I'd seen the trade-in offer but missed that the default price was only £30.

DevilFox

So, they give you the original game which still sells for about $30 on Amazon and include DLC that - with a season pass - cost $20 and put that all on one disk, and double the resolution and frame rate, while making other upgrades to the graphics and you still want to wait for a GOTY edition because they might be releasing DLC that might cost money that may be something more than MP gear and trinkets?

The Last of Us: Remastered [OT] Re-remaster or bust, motherfucker

Yes? I've already played it on PS3 and if I have to double dip then this version must be really "definitive", starting from having everything on disc.
I'm talking about single player DLCs of course, that are unlikely to happen but never say never. If they're just MP DLCs then I don't care but I want to be sure.

Hoje0308

Banned
Yes? I've already played it on PS3 and if I have to double dip then this version must be really "definitive", starting from having everything on disc.
I'm talking about single player DLCs of course, that are unlikely to happen but never say never. If they're just MP DLCs then I don't care but I want to be sure.

The Game Informer article mentions that Sony talked about there possibly being more MP DLC, as they're expecting renewed interest in that mode with the release of the remaster. I don't think you have anything to worry about, especially with Druckmann (!!!!) and Straley being balls deep in Uncharted 4.

Edit: The Last of Us: Remastered [OT] I was told I could put this in Raptor's ass 60 times a second, but I'm not sure about my believes. Has anyone heard anything from someone that isn't Naughty Dog? They could be biased. Mark my words.

valkyre

Erm.... Am I reading this correctly. This doesn't come with all the DLC? ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME? surely that's not true?

no you are not reading this correctly...

the game will ship with all DLC already released for PS3 version but will not include a future DLC that has not yet released anywhere. Completely new DLC.

JAYSIMPLE

Banned
no you are not reading this correctly...

the game will ship with all DLC already released for PS3 version but will not include a future DLC that has not yet released anywhere. Completely new DLC.

Oh thanks. I'm tired. Thanks for that. I got my copy paid off. I was worried for a sec

No it only comes with this:

It comes with the DLC. Included is:

Left Behind single player expansion
Abandoned Territories multiplayer map pack
Reclaimed Territories pack

This includes only SP campaign(left behind) and all MP maps released so far ;)

Then there is a ton of additional dlc like customization items(hats, helmets), skills(gameplay perks) and weapons (pistols, grenade launcher....) that you have to buy separately !!

But if you bought them before on ps3 or got season pass then you allready got them.

So no, Remastered does not include all dlc !

Hoje0308

Banned
No it only comes with this:

This includes only SP campaign(left behind) and all MP maps released so far ;)

Then there is a ton of additional dlc like customization items(hats, helmets), skills(gameplay perks) and weapons (pistols, grenade launcher....) that you have to buy separately !!

But if you bought them before on ps3 or got season pass then you allready got them.

So no, Remastered does not include all dlc !

It puts the lotion on its skin or else it gets the hose again!

quickwhips

Some people prefer the 'cinematic' 30fps over the silky smooth 60fps. No one on Gaf may appreciate this but it is the case. Offering a locked 30fps mode is simply allowing these people to play the game how they want. ND have already tweeted repeatedly that they are hitting above 60fps, so I wouldn't worry about there not being a stable 60fps, this is a given.

Even DCUO has locked 60 as an option...they went for graphics in resolution over 60fps and I'm ok with that but I want multiplayer to stay at 60 and if not I will be disappointed. I'm pretty sure it will have dips now. I guess we will have to wait till DF to be sure.

And here is what you don't get in remastered:

The Last Of Us™ Survivalist Weapon Bundle 5.99$
The Last Of Us™ Situational Survival Skills Bundle 3.99$
The Last Of Us™ Professional Survival Skills Bundle 3.99$
The Last Of Us™ Rally Bundle 8.99$
The Last Of Us™ Government Issue Bundle 8.99$
The Last Of Us™ Nightmare Bundle 8.99$
The Last Of Us™ Bygones Bundle 8.99$
Additional hats with country flag for 0.99$ each

Or you buy everything separately and then it's 70$+ like GI said in their hands on.

Shin-Ra

I think this is the same NPC character model, minus beard.

PS3

14689107543_494ced2f2c_o.png

14646211896_24b70e84af_o.png

PS4 Remastered

14482555529_9398e937fb_o.jpg

Improvement's especially noticeable on the shoulder material.

Shin-Ra

The full res Clicker shot's weird, looks like it was captured from a video.

Pretty sure the rusty car textures are a lot sharper than they were on PS3.

Raptor

STICK IT UP THE ASS!

come on man, at least I will have Photo Mode so I can share the delicious gore!!

Those eyes......those eyes are staring very deep into my soul, I can't take it!

GavinUK86

From Polygon...
Even outside of the photo mode, the PS4 version allows players to turn off the HUD, so they can capture pristine screenshots with the DualShock 4's Share button.

And for those who don't like a variable frame rate, or the way that cutscenes look at 60 fps, the studio included an option to lock the frame rate at 30 fps.

I didn't see this mentioned on any other site. Or maybe I missed it.

Interesting indeed.

I ain't going anymore to other threads about this game, trying to stay as spoiler free as possible, so how's the OST?

Impeccable. The music and sound design is just as well thought out and implemented as any of the visual aspects. The soundtrack is pretty minimalist, but its Americana flavor and sparse and moody tones perfectly compliment the aesthetic of the game.

Not sure if this was posted:

Neil Druckmann ‏@Neil_Druckmann 22m
Since some people asked for it, we added an optional 30fps mode (gameplay & cinematics). My pref is 60fps all the way. #remastered

Reassuring tbh

Would a kind fellow gaffer clear something up about this game for me?

Does the game's core mechanic center around protecting the little girl? If so is it similar is to those Ashley sections in RE4?

cheers

Top Bottom