• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Salex_

It's a shitty trend and I will not support it.
But people are clearly buying into this so publishers will keep on doing it as long it's financially viable.
It's pretty much as easy as printing money.

lol. Why are you throwing a temper tantrum? You do realize there's people who only had a 360, people who want to play it in 1080p/60 FPS, and people want to play the multiplayer on their PS4?

If you don't want it, don't fucking buy it. Look at things from a different POV.

It's a shitty trend and I will not support it.
But people are clearly buying into this so publishers will keep on doing it as long it's financially viable.
It's pretty much as easy as printing money.

Why is this any different than say movies? Especially Star Wars, Scarface, The God Father, Goodfellas etc, They get the same treatment and are basically the same in entertainment value. At least thos ethat did miss out get a great value for their $60 bucks.

Wolff

Druckmann is targeting.

https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/453956735376424960

"For those asking, @Naughty_Dog is developing The Last of Us Remastered and we're targeting 60fps. More info to come. #PS4"

throwing-money.gif

reKon

Banned
"Resolution: 1920 x 1080
Framerate: 60 fps source
Higher resolution character models
Improved shadows and lighting
Several other gameplay improvements"

Alrighty. $60 makes sense then. I wont get it at that price, but there are going to be a lot of first timers who are going to experience this for the first time.

And $30 worth of DLC.

dan2026

Why don't they make sure its running at 60fps, then worry about all the graphical bells and whistles?

Developers have such a backward mentality.

Ishan

have some friends who shifted to ps4 from 360. Am going to make them buy this game. I'll be like buy it god damn it just buy it ..... JUST DO IT. :)

Dany

Banned
"In-game cinematic commentary from the cast and creative director"

That makes it worth it more than 60fps for me :p

Feels so strange that ND is doing the port in-house... Druckmann redeemed. He was legitimately not bullshitting when he implied that a TLoU port would take up internal resources.

More of a megaton in that interview.

The lion's share of the studio is on UC4. Back to one team? Bruce and Neil kings of UC4?

Having 2 creative teams doesn't mean that there's 2 distinct development resources.

Loudninja

Like I said before this should do well.

Its a game which alot of people loves on a system where they are hungry for more games.

Stoof

lol. Why are you throwing a temper tantrum? You do realize there's people who only had a 360, people who want to play it in 1080p/60 FPS, and people want to play the multiplayer on their PS4?

If you don't want it, don't fucking buy it. Look at things from a different POV.
Yup. I never got around to buying this for PS3 so a PS4 port is even better!

$60 seems a little steep for a game I've already platinum'd.

The game would definitely benefit from 1080p and improved textures, though. As long as the framerate isn't unlocked I might actually double dip.

StuBurns

Banned
Why don't they make sure its running at 60fps, then worry about all the graphical bells and whistles?

No, not really, because engine optimization is later than the other elements of fidelity other than final framebuffer adjustments.

You can do the Rage thing, take five years to ship a pig, but that's not advisable.

The word "targeting" makes me nervous. Please don't let it be "targeting" like Tomb Raider on the PS4. I'm ok with 60fps, with once in a while drops to 50+. Tomb Raider was semi regular drops to 50fps.

I really love Joel in the cover, but does Ellie seem a bit off to anyone? She looks chubbier or younger or something

NxhsrMk.png

Her face looks... shorter

Ishan

cause many ppl like me dont care about 60fps on such games. When i play cs i want a rock solid 60fps and normally higher (fps_max 120 constantly using net_graph 3 to monitor my loss choke and fps ... used to play it at 640 also even though my computer could easily manage 1080) but with games like this i just want eye candy ...

Aces&Eights

I'm excited. I played the first one up to the generator scene then got stuck. My buddy talked me into letting him borrow it for a night and then broke up with his woman and lost my copy to her. I knew a ps4 version would be coming so I never repurchased. So, I still have the entire 2nd half of the game to explore plus the DLC. Topped off with 1080p and added features and I'm all over it.

First one to post webms of new ps4 footage wins the internet!

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The word "targeting" makes me nervous. Please don't let it be "targeting" like Tomb Raider on the PS4. I'm ok with 60fps, with once in a while drops to 50+. Tomb Raider was semi regular drops to 50fps.

I think targeting is just how some devs want to phrase it in case it has a few drops here and there. Second Son and Tomb Raider both claimed 30fps but were above, only Killzone MP said targeting 60 and didn't hit it.

Top Bottom