• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattp

of course the textures are the same
that wasn't an alpha. no big game is in alpha 2 months before launch
thats been pretty obviously bullshit

i-Lo

Could it be that the game will "release" with the alpha texture followed by a 13GB download for upgraded textures?

uh oh. shots fired at cboat!

nIUy5Gc.png

Anyone willing to take me up on a ban bet that Rayme (who works here) is correct, and cboat (who does not) is incorrect?

joker_eatin_popcorn_by_capnectoplasm-d39sa07_1.gif

Damaniel

Banned
Based CBOAT dropping more truthbombs on the unworthy. Can't wait until class is done so I can spend some time reading this thread (and the other leaker's thread too). :)

Zeth

I sense some games being played here. 16 maps seems extremely unrealistic IMO, and the texture thing is now debunked fairly thoroughly by Respawn.

Kyoufu

This thread was worth it purely for "CBOAT - Cult Leader".

/dead

---

I find it hard to doubt the developer. I mean, they'd be lying to the world otherwise.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
The textures were so low res, even on the mechs (which take up half the screen), that I don't believe they could seriously be final.

Maybe a few of them, but all of them is hard to swallow.

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
16 maps is decent but not unexpected since it has no single player component. I couldn't give a fuck about textures as I'll be playing it on a PC.

jond76

Banned
Calling bullshit. Isn't there a Respawn person that posts here that could shed some light? Cboat revenge posting over the outting thread methinks.

PBY

Banned
The textures were so low res, even on the mechs (which take up half the screen), that I don't believe they could seriously be final.
Why would respawn deny it straight up if they were lying? They could have hedged and hemmed and hawed. I don't believe it.

jem0208

Wait, so according to this when that dev said the textures were 25% of final he was flat out lying?

Right...

Edit: Okay with that Twitter post I am totally not buying the textures bit. Sorry but if they were so certain they wouldn't flat out deny it.

keit4

Banned
Why would the Respawn devs lie on this? The game is coming out in a couple of months and if they are lying this is only going to harm them.

I think the textures will be improved but I don't think they are 25%.

I bet it's somewhere in the middle. Maybe I'm the crazy one?

Why would the Respawn devs lie on this? The game is coming out in a couple of months and if they are lying this is only going to harm them.

Maybe this depends on that 8% and optimism about some breakthrough? One could be pre 8% and the other post 8%? Conspiracy theory is fun. :p

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I sense some games being played here. 16 maps seems extremely unrealistic IMO, and the texture thing is now debunked fairly thoroughly by Respawn.

There's no singleplayer. It better have a large number of maps.

Paracelsus

So Planetside 2 has N64 textures, Titanfall has Dreamcast textures.

Do we have to wait 2026 for a game with current gen textures?

Anyone willing to take me up on a ban bet that Rayme (who works here) is correct, and cboat (who does not) is incorrect?
I don't think ban bets are allowed anymore but just for fun I would do it.

Question: what if there is some weird technicality, like the actual textures are the same, but there's some kind of post processing (sorry I'm not good with dev stuff) to make them look better in the final version?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom