• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tintnfall - 16 maaps fo laucnh, bxone alph a textures ARE fin@l assets

Status
Not open for further replies.

GavinUK86

Damn...

QEKhB9b.png

Lace

What type of ban bet are we talking? I don't have a lot of faith in CBOAT with this rumor.

I would usually take the dev's words for it but CBOAT has a pretty decent track record. I could see respawn upping the resolution due to this thread though (assuming it's currently true).

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
Would be disappointing if those alpha textures are final. And we would have been basically directly lied to, so the outcome should be interesting.

Chobel

Here's what I like to believe:

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying. And boom, MS knows who's cboat because they give the number 16 to only one guy.

Yeah. They could have danced around the texture question. CBOAT I can't go down this path w you this time.

Did you know tomb raider uses the same assets in both the PS4 and Xbox One according to the developer?

The more you know. :p

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying.

Sounds like Microsoft. I hope this isn't true.

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying.

That would be fucking insane. The leak wars.

Eusis

I'd be funny (and believable) if cboat was just a guy with a lot of insider friends, but isn't actually working for any gaming company at all.

def sim

Borderline PS2 grade at times.

That's not an exaggeration either. It's one of the reasons why cboat's claim is hard to believe. Along with the fact that Respawn employees continue to deny it in this thread and on twitter tell me cboat has it wrong this time around.

5amshift

Banned
Hopefully nobody is feeding the boat wrong information to try to find out who he is whenever leaks occur.

I honestly don't believe the alpha textures are final, and I don't think anybody here does either, but he may have hit it with the 16 maps thing. I wonder if it's on disc 16 maps, or 16 maps all together including DLC.

sflufan

Banned

cboat was fed false information to get him out, probably MS told their guys different number of maps to get the the leaker. cboat needed time to verify this shit. ntkrnl leaks shit on purpose, cboat feels jelly, so he post without verifying. And boom, MS knows who's cboat because they give the number 16 to only one guy.

In the intelligence community, that's called a "canary trap."

Well now.

Zeth

What type of ban bet are we talking?

I would usually take the dev's words for it but CBOAT has a pretty decent track record. I could see respawn upping the resolution due to this thread though (assuming it's currently true).

That's just... not how things work.

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!

Thats highly possible. The general idea behind giving different information to various suspected folks. Whatever appears in public domain marks your target.

Seems very possible since cboat was so comfortable posting it

:/

Megasoum

Banned
I don't think that Titanfall ever really looked that good (graphically I mean... Looks like a fun game for sure) but even by those standards, no way the Alpha textures are the real deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom