• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 MP: GAFfer highlight video. You will say wow/ow/how/I want now!

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The animations and player interaction is just awful X-D
If Uncharted 4 multiplayer animates awfully, then I need to know what you're playing so I can get on that.

I think they just assume this because of me choosing all the glitches to feature in the middle of the video.
I guess if the only media you ever saw on the game was this you might get a distorted view of how the animation system works.

Although one would also have to ignore the amazing systemic animations on display in some of the clips. :p

If Uncharted 4 multiplayer animates awfully, then I need to know what you're playing so I can get on that.
I think they just assume this because of me choosing all the glitches to feature in the middle of the video. Anyone who has played the beta can attest how responsive it is, even if it can be at the expense of smooth animations at times (which is fine with me).

Anyway, had to moderate the comments for the first time on a video, as the GAF-hating members of YouTube comment hell made an appearance. Guess the video is being enjoyed by plenty of people! lol

Concept17

The takedowns when two people are swinging on the rope are fantastic. The endless pulling off walls, especially short walls, are hilarious :D

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The takedowns when two people are swinging on the rope are fantastic. The endless pulling off walls, especially short walls, are hilarious :D
There are some real low places you can do that. Some of those are at such low heights that not even a geriatric with brittle bone disease would feel an impact.

lol

i'm guessing normally it's not supposed to be that way..you're supposed to grab them on the shoulder but the glitch made you grab some ass

special thanks to xenorevlis for including me, I know he had to go through some extra trouble to add my clips since they weren't on my HD, so, much appreciated. it's a great vid
If you're talking about 1:50 in the video, I'm pretty sure you're supposed to be grabbing the waistband as shown.

But it is funny how they are automatic deaths despite being 3 feet in the air. I think the second guy and I whiffed because we both pressed melee at the same time. That may be there to prevent any potential "WTF, I grabbed them first!" rage.

But it is funny how they are automatic deaths despite being 3 feet in the air. I think the second guy and I whiffed because we both pressed melee at the same time. That may be there to prevent any potential "WTF, I grabbed them first!" rage.
This kill stuff was hilarious even back in Uncharted 2. Single player, museum mission, pulling a guard over a dance and he falls like 3 feet onto some flowers and is K.O.

That fake U4 game from the gone gold thread made me trip for a moment. The delay for more copies to be made is fine and all but the game went gold meaning I could be playing my digital copy! Heh

I guess I need to buy this at launch because ND multiplayer games always have an expiration date attached to them - with Uncharted 2's terrible health patch and The Last of Us's patched in pay2win items.

Or they could pull an Uncharted 3 where the MP beta was great but the released game sucked. I think I'll wait for impressions of the released game.

This kill stuff was hilarious even back in Uncharted 2. Single player, museum mission, pulling a guard over a dance and he falls like 3 feet onto some flowers and is K.O.

That fake U4 game from the gone gold thread made me trip for a moment. The delay for more copies to be made is fine and all but the game went gold meaning I could be playing my digital copy! Heh
I wonder what kind of balance issues would arise if they were instead stunned at a certain height and you had to either climb up or drop down to shoot them (or flee even) as they recover from their stagger.

Or should they just be put in a down state and able to be healed?

Meh, it doesn't bother me the way it is haha.

Or they could pull an Uncharted 3 where the MP beta was great but the released game sucked. I think I'll wait for impressions of the released game.
Nonononono please no. That is how this feels, too. It was perfect and then... ugh.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Not worth it... Shandy fishes for it. Not going to give in.

I can't wait to jump back in.

I still think the rope swings are gimmicky, but I embraced their trolliness after a couple of matches. It always put a smile on my face when rounding a corner to see some idiot swinging around in circles.

I can't wait to jump back in.

I still think the rope swings are gimmicky, but I embraced their trolliness after a couple of matches. It always put a smile on my face when rounding a corner to see some idiot swinging around in circles.
Lmao yes. Can you imagine if the character emoted with glee when swinging for longer than the typical forward swing?

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Ropes are so cool. Uncharted 4 is one of those few games where it just feels good to push the analog sticks forward. Few games feel that way... Mario 64, MGSV etc.. It just feels good to control these characters. A huuuuuuge improvement from ( in my opinion ) the sluggish UC3.

Ropes are so cool. Uncharted 4 is one of those few games where it just feels good to push the analog sticks forward. Few games feel that way... Mario 64, MGSV etc.. It just feels good to control these characters. A huuuuuuge improvement from ( in my opinion ) the sluggish UC3.
Agreed, though at the same time I'm curious about how single player runs. The Nathan Drake collection felt amazing compared to the originals because of being 60fps, but Uncharted 4's SP is 30, so it may feel slightly less responsive than the MP.

I know that with the beta bugginess some things can look a bit hinky ( ;) ) but it shows how versatile the rope mechanic is and I was blown away by all the unique animations for it and it's takedowns from different angles, nevermind jankiness.

In hope a lot of the bugs are kept, it honestly made a majority of the combat hilarious and fun, for example kicking a downed opponent and they go flying across the map.

I guess I need to buy this at launch because ND multiplayer games always have an expiration date attached to them - with Uncharted 2's terrible health patch and The Last of Us's patched in pay2win items.

We have a conundrum here! Decision must be made! My opinion: Buy it!

In hope a lot of the bugs are kept, it honestly made a majority of the combat hilarious and fun, for example kicking a downed opponent and they go flying across the map.
I do think that many of the animation bugs that aren't necessarily physics going crazy will be optimized, or smoothed out if you will for transitions and whatnot. However, add me to the list for hoping they keep some random player launches and such :D

I only just saw this, i don't know how i missed the thread originally, since i've been looking forward to it. Great work, thanks to everyone who was working on this! There are some legitimate laugh out loud moments. The pillar kills (and suicides) especially had me cracking up. I'm also glad one of my clips made the cut, i just wish it was 2 seconds or so longer to give it more context. :)

Thanks again for doing this, can't wait until we can go at it again in a month!

Top Bottom