• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Warframe goes open world, gets social hub, day/night cycle, flying, more

100?

61Z1Zw6.png

boi

CjIoGwl.png

george_us

Well shit. Might go ahead and redownload this. The game is MILES ahead of where it started when I first played it during the launch of the PS4, and even then it was already pretty fun.

Zackat

I played through the tutorial and got to the point where they basically show you the shop.

sticker shock tbh. how hard is it to get stuff without paying high prices like that?

singhr1

Holy shit! This is seriously impressive. I dropped off after the closed/open beta years ago because I thought the player-base dropped but seeing the enthusiasm here shows how clearly wrong I was. Definitely interested in at least trying this out!!

sticker shock tbh. how hard is it to get stuff without paying high prices like that?

Pretty easy. Bunch of warframes come off of bosses and have three parts (helmet, chassis, systems), you build them for resources and non-premium currency (credits), then buy the blueprint from the market for credits. Some warframes come from quests, some are farmed in missions, and some come from Clan research. Weapons generally come from blueprints from the market for credits or from Clan research.

Prime stuff comes out of a separate system of consumable items called Relics. Do a mission, crack the relic open, get a prime part.

Holy shit! This is seriously impressive. I dropped off after the closed/open beta years ago because I thought the player-base dropped but seeing the enthusiasm here shows how clearly wrong I was. Definitely interested in at least trying this out!!

It's got an extremely healthy PC community. PS4 also isn't too bad. I can't speak to the state of the Xbox one.

VandalD

I played through the tutorial and got to the point where they basically show you the shop.

Every weapon and warframe in the market can be crafted by buying its blueprint and finding the materials yourself. Buying stuff with platinum is just a shortcut.

singhr1

Pretty easy. Bunch of warframes come off of bosses and have three parts (helmet, chassis, systems), you build them for resources and non-premium currency (credits), then buy the blueprint from the market for credits. Some warframes come from quests, some are farmed in missions, and some come from Clan research. Weapons generally come from blueprints from the market for credits or from Clan research.

Prime stuff comes out of a separate system of consumable items called Relics. Do a mission, crack the relic open, get a prime part.

It's got an extremely healthy PC community. PS4 also isn't too bad. I can't speak to the state of the Xbox one.

Wow, good to hear! Definitely going to reinstall it and give it another go :D

Easy. Play the game and if you enjoy it, pay real money for additional weapon and warframe inventory slots when you need them. You can even trade players in-game items for platinum or for the items you'd pay for with platinum.

I've picked up platinum packs often over the years, to support the game and that's almost always gone towards additional inventory slots and cosmetics.

Tried this game when I just got my Xbox one but never really put any time into it. I think I need to go back to it, from what I've seen the support for this game is godlike on the developers' end. I'll do what I can to support developers that are like that.

Permanently A

So apparently you can get some bonus stuff with PS Plus but you cannot transfer a PS4 account to PC. So should I play on PS4 or PC?

Annubis

Pretty easy, but some stuff gets re-released on a schedule.
It takes about a full year for every single piece of equipment to come back for a while.

So apparently you can get some bonus stuff with PS Plus but you cannot transfer a PS4 account to PC. So should I play on PS4 or PC?

That's your call. PC gets the updates first and fastest because they don't go through the console certification and PC is the primary platform, but they also have to go through bugfixes more often. Either choice is fine, I'd say.

VandalD

PC GAF clan isn't too active, though the PC community itself is large. PS4 clan appears to be very active, though I don't play on PS4. PC gets updates first and has better performance in general, but also encounters the brunt of the bugs first. Hotfixes do tend to come out fast for the PC version though.

hydruxo

That's insane. I think I only played a bit of the tutorial back when I first got my PS4 and wasn't feeling it, but I'll definitely try this out when the update drops.

VariantX

Holy fuck, I had to work a double shift today so I missed the stream, but damn it was worth the wait. Open world?? I'd say this addition fixes the problem with sniper rifles in Warframe. Going in deep for another 1300 hours when this drops on PS4 eventually.

Key2001

I played Warframe on PC shortly after release then again on PS4. Really enjoyed the game both times but only played 3 to 5 months each before moving to another game.

I really like what they are doing here and don't believe I'll be able to pass up giving this game another try. I just have to decide on going back to the PC or PS4 version.

j0hnnix

I tried it a few times and while I did like the look I never gave it my full attention.. going to give it a shot again on PS4.

Amazing support. These guys deserve all the love even thought I don't play the game nowadays.

Time to return I guess.

EDIT: They should focus a little bit on the PVP too.

They have a small PVP dedicated team! :) In fact you can see many Conclave changes in and around, even if not as many gamemodes (as those draw resources from other parts).

Man, I just tweeted that to Steve, but as someone who discovered the game in 2013 and founded it, I can't believe of where it is now. We gained full melee, we gained Relays, a ship, many different tilesets, they keep reworking stuff and trying to spice things up (even if not, unfortunately, as fast and wide as one would wish).

And now they come here and bang. Open world. Outta fucking nowhere. These people work their insides out to give us the updates (staying an unearthly number of hours a year at office to deliver those) and I am really, really proud of how this game turned out to be.

Now if you excuse me, I'll try to sleep despit the hype. Hype. Hypeeeeeeeeeeee.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Warmframe was AMAZING fun when I played pretty hot for a while. The problem I have with the game is how much of a jump end-game is from everything else. I legit have no idea how to get any stronger because the weapon augment system and weakness element stuff is nuts.

ShinMaruku

This game is why Destiny died for me, they actually took the time to improve the game, it's a great example for games as service, but it's misleading because I doubt 90% of the developers will put in the work to make the games progress.

I have no expectation that Bungie will come up with a improvement of Destiny like warframe got. That would require them not getting precious.

Fireflu

I love Warframe and played the hell out of it when I first got my PS4 but eventually got tired of waiting for endless in-game timers and RNG grinding. However the support for this game is absolutely phenomenal and it clearly shows how dedicated and passionate the developers are. If there was a way to transfer PS4 save data to PC i'd gladly jump back in, but alas...

I haven't played this in at least a year; looks like it's time to jump back in. This demo was running on PC right? Are there any enhancements on the Pro?

The former sure, but you're judging the latter from a five minute demo?
Mix up former and latter?

Also, regardless, can't really compare an expansion that hasn't been released to two games that haven't been released.

Wow, this game went from having little interest to being at the top with this update.

I always thought warframe was just some simple f2p pvp shooter.
Dunno where you got that idea from.

Stiler

Wow, this game went from having little interest to being at the top with this update.

I always thought warframe was just some simple f2p pvp shooter.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Time to dust off my redeemers.
5b7JbfX.jpg

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
Was the first game i d/ld on PS4 launch was disappointed so deleted it but it sounds pretty good now

Once I get a new gpu, I'll jump back in on PC. If they allowed for PC->PS4 account transfer again, with Pro support, I'll be playing on PS4 everyday.

Game was so odd when it first came out, but they way it has developed and grown since then is astonishing. I have brief moments when I play the hell out of this game, then stop. But I always enjoy my time with it. This new update looks nuts, and I cannot wait to experience it all.

WaterAstro

Holy crap. That's pretty insane.

Used to be a pretty bare bones, mindless horde-mode fest, now they're adding this? Good job.

Once I get a new gpu, I'll jump back in on PC. If they allowed for PC->PS4 account transfer again, with Pro support, I'll be playing on PS4 everyday.

They've mentioned that this likely won't happen again, as the versions have gotten too divergent and also they have to strike up deals with Sony in order to allow the account transfer.

Time to dust off my redeemers.

Was buffed a bit not too long ago too.

That's a crazy upgrade. I loved the original but got tired of the repetitive enemies. I really hope they add enemy variety to the mix

Top Bottom