• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's the Worst Webcomic You've Ever Read?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boogiepop

Earlier today, I was reminded of the craptastic nature of the abomination known as... The Wotch: http://www.thewotch.com/
Honestly, there's so much wrong with this piece of crap, and it's easier to just link to somebody else's analysis: http://badwebcomics.wikidot.com/the-wotch
And then that just reminded me of the only webcomic that's made me turn away in blind rage: Triquetra Cats. This is a webcomic in which this: http://triquetracats.comicgenesis.com/d/20031202.html happens in the first few pages.
Obviously, the frustration from this manifested in the logical way: wondering how to best make this into a GAF thread.
Anyway, what's the cream of the crap from your personal webcomic reading? I'm legitimately curious as to just how terrible this medium can be.

loss.jpg

Dali

I'm going to invent an auto-correcting pen that sends 9000 volts through any kid that tries to use manga conventions when drawing. I'll show my congressman what it'd be fighting against and he'd pass it on to the governor and they'd pass it on to the President. I imagine when it's all said and done there'll be laws requiring every art class in America to have one of my pens for every little boy and girl. Not only will I be rich, but I'd be doing an invaluable public service for all Americans.

I forgot the name but it's like terribly drawn anime with dbz like hair, and was somewhat popular years ago. Really angsty stupid shit. Terrible description I know.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
CAD is the worse one that actually gets significant recognition.
EDIT: The one in the OP has the same major problem.
Too
Many
Fucking
Words

D

Deleted member 8095

Unconfirmed Member
99% of the ones that get posted in the funny pics thread. Including Nedroid.

Tucah

you speak so well
CAD and VG Cats.

But I also don't really read webcomics, I've just seen so many awful strips of those two in GD so I assume the rest is just as bad.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
Most of them suck but the one with the shitty cats as videogame characters makes me want to punch living things. Gaming-side used to post them and then mock.

If anyone can find this webcomic I'll be impressed. It was drawn almost completely in paint and was about a giant cat or dragon (I don't remember) that had stars on its stomach and it would run around and eat the moon or something. It was the worst shit ever. I can't find it anymore :(

Archurro

Anyone know that one where one strip's sole joke is the Portal "cake is a lie" line? Screencap went around twitter a while back. That one.

Draft

Devolution said:
I forgot the name but it's like terribly drawn anime with dbz like hair, and was somewhat popular years ago. Really angsty stupid shit. Terrible description I know.
Megatokyo.

Draft

SteveWinwood said:
If anyone can find this webcomic I'll be impressed. It was drawn almost completely in paint and was about a giant cat or dragon (I don't remember) that had stars on its stomach and it would run around and eat the moon or something. It was the worst shit ever. I can't find it anymore :(
kElR5.jpg
?

Wasn't CAD supposed to have an animated series or something?

I think it'd be more productive to find which webcomics out there are actually enjoyable to the majority. Though the main problem with the majority of webcomics for me is that they use a brand of humor that I've outgrown a long time ago.

SmithnCo

NotebookJ2 said:
Wasn't CAD supposed to have an animated series or something?

It did. It's a flash animated thing he sells in the CAD shop or something. It is fucking godawful as you would imagine.

Slayven

This thread makes me want to cry. When I worked third shift, I read so many crappy webcomics. I hate keenspot now.

Fantasy Final said:
Can someone tell me what this means?
The guy's girlfriend had a miscarriage and he decided to draw a comic about it. Some thought it was for hits, some thought it was for sympathy, but all agreed it was in poor taste.

Revolutionary said:
The guy's girlfriend had a miscarriage and he decided to draw a comic about it. Some thought it was for hits, some thought it was for sympathy, but all agreed it was in poor taste.

Wait, it was based on actual events, and not just an attempt to make a serious storyline? That's kinda... uhm...

clemenx

Banned
CAD for me, somewhere during this last year, it fell off a cliff incredibly. It's the only webcomic I've stopped following. The classic ones are still pretty boss, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom