• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

XB1 Elite Controller ($150)

Skux

Finally a worthy PC upgrade to the wired 360 controller.

The added rear buttons open up so many possibilities.

Strictly

Finally for those without wheels, we can play racers and switch to manual gear changes. Using bumpers/buttons simply did not work for me.

I hope it works here.

Lee

Just cancelled my pre-order of the "new" controller with 3.5mm port and improved bumpers. I want to replace my creaky day one controller but I'm going to hold out for this guy.

Pimpbaa

Looks pretty fucking slick. I want one even though I'm not sure if I would need the paddles. I also hope they fixed the static and audio drop outs that me and some others get with the old pad with the stereo headset adaptor.

CTLance

I need to hold this in my own hands before freaking out about it, but I'm tentatively hyped.

Neat stuff - even if the first impression was "PS2 era third party controller". Sorry, I just can't help it, burn me once, uh, erm, can't burn me again.

kd-z

To be honest the regular Xbox One controller looks better to me. Also, all the replaceable parts make me doubt this thing's durability.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
You remap using a sweet app on pc or xbox. Literally the best controller I've ever used.

Materials are ridiculous and the weird d-pad is fantastic. Although you can swap it for a regular cross pad.

Wait.

You can remap controls with it? Does this work with all games?

mrklaw

MrArseFace
You remap using a sweet app on pc or xbox. Literally the best controller I've ever used.

Materials are ridiculous and the weird d-pad is fantastic. Although you can swap it for a regular cross pad.

remapping exclusive to elite controller? If it is done with an app on xbox, they should let you do it for normal controllers too.

Curious to hear more impressions. Especially if those paddles are able to be mapped as new inputs for PC, could be really useful. Although if they could have sneaked a little throttle slider on the left somewhere, could have been a nice portable HOTAS setup.

Rainy Dog

Now this looks interesting. 360 pad has been my main PC controller for years but it's never quite sat right with me. Always found the sticks just slightly too stiff and inaccurate, plus I prefer convex. And never liked the feel of the face or back buttons and of course that d-pad.

Been trying to use the DS4 with DS4Windows recently but although that solves my main gripes of the 360 pad the triggers still aren't as spot on as the 360's for me. Then there's the pain in the arse battery life.

Hoping the Steam controller comes up trumps first and foremost but I'll certainly be keeping my eye on this now too.

iNvid02

To be honest the regular Xbox One controller looks better to me. Also, all the replaceable parts make me doubt this thing's durability.

doubt it, should have better build quality if they're going the premium route. PR talk aside it would be surprising

along with a new steel construction that, combined with a low-friction resin, guarantees a "zero wear" joystick. Microsoft engineers who spoke to Ars bragged that the "zero wear" claim was actually vetted by the company's legal brass.

Sou Da

Didn't they just redesign the controller

Vader_Lando.jpg

I love it. Looks like MS money is applied correctly in action. Now we no longer have to do stupid shit like the "claw" to play games now.

I remember posting a while back that I would love to see an official first party version of that old phoenix revolution controller, and they totally went and did it

Phoenix-Reconfigurable-Cont.jpg

tc farks

As someone looking to buy an XB1 bundle later this year. Does this usher in an XB1 elite bundle coming to stores near you?

Top Bottom