• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xboxone Resolutiongate (Eurogamer)

rjinaz

who the fuck is tim dog

An xbox fan to the extreme. He's just some dude. People have been mentioning him a lot recently because he had a meltdown on Twitter when he found out about the 720p on Xbox One.

Edit: and yeah, as CoG said, he was a gaffer for a short time.

viveks86

080zyuod.jpg

This is just straight up slimy; downright nefarious, slimy shit.

Seriously man. I'm done trying to be fair to MS when I make any argument. They deserve all the outrage the internet has been dishing out to them. I'm going to go and scream into a pillow now.

jayu26

who the fuck is tim dog

A massive Xbone fanboy.

On another note, I don't remember getting an explanation for your tag.

blame space
junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior junior member
(Today, 10:57 PM)

antitrop

I once made a thread called "How can game publishers get away with lying about the resolution on the back of the box?".

That may have been a bit too inflammatory, but what Greenberg is doing there is straight up unethical.

Piggus

lol Microsoft. Continuing to insult people's intelligence. What a great strategy.

I hope they get absolutely destroyed in sales until they can start at least pretending like they give a shit about their consumers.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
See I would buy this if they actually did this stuff for Sony too but they rarely do, at least not the editors that you routinely see those kinds of defense articles or videos from. I don't claim to have a great memory but I know for a fact when Sony was fucking up like this in 06 there wasn't a mass rush to defend them and there shouldn't have been, the media did the right thing then. But they're not doing the right thing now when its the other side's turn to fuck up.
I think a lot of people think that Microsoft can turn it around in a similar fashion to how Sony got the PS3 back on track. I'd love for that to be true, the PS3 went from a console I despise to my favorite ever, and I will absolutely buy Xbox One if it gets an exclusive line up that's on par but I just don't have that kind of confidence in MS.

CF22

Pretty sure we already know...

"Once again, Sony falls short on specs while MS has really stepped up their game with the Xbox One."

Almost all of these sites taking a "imperceptible difference" approach to the difference in console power would be all over this if MS had actually put some effort into building a game console as opposed to an extension to your cable box w/ a hands free motion controller attached to it.

The only one I'm genuinely surprised about is Ars tho, the rest are just playing the same roll they have for the past 7 years.

It's true these site tend to favor Microsoft for some reason. Engadget released an article earlier today mentioning the amazing ability of the Xbox One to play CD's. The comments were as amusing.

Jack_AG

Banned
I think a lot of people think that Microsoft can turn it around in a similar fashion to how Sony got the PS3 back on track. I'd love for that to be true, the PS3 went from a console I despise to my favorite ever, and I will absolutely buy Xbox One if it gets an exclusive line up that's on par but I just don't have that kind of confidence in MS.

Major difference, IMO. Sony didn't treat people like idiots who don't know better like MS is doing now. Sony just created a product and tried marketing it in a way that didn't jive with gamers at an incredibly high price tag. Gamers weren't being treated like idiots - gamers weren't being treated much at all is what the major problem was. Once Sony understood "games games games" and better pricing that was the turning point. MS will never admit to outright misleading and misrepresenting facts
outside of a class-action lawsuit, oy!

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Jesus. I'm wondering if he is straight up lying or just really stupid.

Just imagine for a second that he has indeed no idea about his own tech. And then realize that those people had the final word on the XBO's hardware requirements.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Major difference, IMO. Sony didn't treat people like idiots who don't know better like MS is doing now. Sony just created a product and tried marketing it in a way that didn't jive with gamers at an incredibly high price tag. Gamers weren't being treated like idiots - gamers weren't being treated much at all is what the major problem was. Once Sony understood "games games games" and better pricing that was the turning point. MS will never admit to outright misleading and misrepresenting facts
They told you to get a second job to afford it.

Albert Penello: You're not going to use the story, Mr. Greenberg?

Aaron Greenberg: No, sir. This is Microsoft, sir. When the bullshit becomes fact, print the bullshit.

CoG

I know this has been quoted many times, but... wow. This is the worst tweet in the history of Twitter.

It's bad not because it's stupid. It's bad because it's carefully worded to be technically correct yet absolutely deceptive. Greenberg is not dumb, but he sure as shit is not being intellectually honest here.

It's this sort of shit that makes me happy the 180 smokescreens failed in the end. Microsoft haven't changed a damn bit.

Are you taking the piss? They were horrible in the their early PS3 years. Some of the worst arrogance I've seen. They got humbled in the market and changed, credit to them as look at the PS3 turnaround and how PS4 is shaping up.

I think it's pretty obvious that there is a widespread xbox preference in the western media. Now I don't know why they're like that, I seriously doubt MS has the majority of the media paid off, but I don't know how you could argue there's not a strong preference when you add up all the bullshit like this from all of the major outlets over the course of the generation.

Jeff Gerstmann basically spelled it out on the Bombcast a few weeks ago - he has both, he can go either way, but all his industry friends are on his Xbox list.

I'm quite sure that trend's about to change, though.

jedimike

Glad you're admitting that MS is being disingenuous.

Aaron's tweet was technically correct. I think he thinks it doesn't really matter. As multiple journalists have reported, XB1 and PS4 games look nearly indistinguishable from each other.

Certainly MS should admit they have a less powerful console and move forward with what they do have. I think it would be more favorable to them.

rjinaz

Both Sony and Microsoft want people's money. Neither is any better than the other as they only care about their own interests which is quite frankly, how business works and how companies survive. A company gains consumer favor by finding a balance between making money and keeping consumers happy and by not taking them for granted. Sony failed to do this last gen true enough, but right now though, in the here-and-now where it really matters the most, it is Microsoft that is failing to find this balance and it's making Sony look a lot better.

Top Bottom