• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your ranking for most difficult Dark Souls III bosses (unmarked spoilers)

Giever

I found almost all of the bosses really disappointing, to be honest. The hardest one for me was probably Aldrich, then Champion and Soul of Cinder.

Besides those three pretty much every boss I beat in 1-2 tries. Even Nameless King I beat in 2 tries. :/

Meanwhile I still haven't beaten the two remaining optional bosses in Bloodborne's DLC.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
I found almost all of the bosses really disappointing, to be honest. The hardest one for me was probably Aldrich, then Champion and Soul of Cinder.

Besides those three pretty much every boss I beat in 1-2 tries. Even Nameless King I beat in 2 tries. :/

Meanwhile I still haven't beaten the two remaining optional bosses in Bloodborne's DLC.

I've had a harder time with Aldrich than with Laurence or Orphan of Kos. This series has a weird way of being difficult in different ways for everyone. It's insane.

RaginRoss

Soul of Cinder killed me far more than anything else. Nameless King was maybe 5 attempts. SoC must have been a good 15-20.

Outside of that, Twin Princes got me a few times, as did Dragonslayer Armour. No real issues with any others.

1. Nameless King
2. Twin Princes
3. Pontiff Sulyvahn
4. Dragonslayer Armour
5. Champion Gundyr
6. Soul of Cinder
7. Dancer
8. Old Demon King
9. Abyss Watchers
10. Aldrich

The rest are all too easy or gimmicky to rank.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
Hmm. Most frustrating for me would be the Dragonslayer Armor. I hate that fight, and the run back through the damn red-eye knight with the greatsword, even more so. He doesn't take a lot of damage and the fight is a bit more drawn-out.

I had some trouble with Old Demon King on my first playthrough. I'd get pinned, with the damn camera, and end up getting washed with enough waves of fire to kill me.

The most difficult for me? Aldrich. No question. It's just a drawn-out fight. He doesn't take a lot of damage from anything, from what I've seen, and his second half moveset is cheap.

There is a shortcut that goes behind the Knights and straight to the boss

Soriku

Basically, but nothing in DSIII is Bloodborne DLC-optional boss-tier
Laurence
. I guess that level of frustration will be reserved for the DSIII DLC in six months.

I can agree with this. Laurence is some mega bullshit.

jb1234

I haven't beaten Aldrich yet (or gone through the dungeon) so this is just a list of the bosses I have conquered.

Of them, I found Pontiff by far the hardest. I probably fought him over 20 times, no parrying (don't like it) and no summoning.

Second hardest was probably Abyss Watchers. I also had a surprising amount of trouble with High Lord Wolnir (but mostly because that poison mist is cheap).

kencey

You beat Abyss Walkers in 1-2 tries? ok.

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
1. Nameless King
2. Soul of Cinder
3. Princes

Yea, the ones who had 2 phases/life bars gave me trouble. Except for the Abyss Watchers. Not sure why, but I've never had a problem with them like apparently a lot of people did.

Timeaisis

#1. The camera in Nameless King.

Bahaha yes.

For me...

19. Yhorm the Giant - 0
18. High Lord Wolnir - 0
17. Iudex Gundyr - 0
16. Ancient Wyvern - 2 (First time was me trying to do this "classic", second time was a dumb death on a snake man during the fight lol)
15. Vordt of the Boreal Valley - 1
14. Oceiros, the Consumed King - 2
13. Deacons of the Deep - 2
12. Old Demon King - 2
11. Crystal Sage - 5
10. Dancer of the Boreal Valley - 4
9. Curse-Rotted Greatwood - 5
8. Pontiff Sulyvahn - 2
7. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods - 8
6. Abyss Watchers - 10
5. Dragonslayer Armour - 5
4. Soul of Cinder - 8
3. Champion Gundyr - 8
2. Lothric, Younger Prince - 15?
1. Nameless King - A crapton

The princes got me good. It took me a while to get the first phase down because of the camera and teleporting (lots of cheap deaths on them). Then the second phase is frustrating because the regeneration bullshit. Probably would have been my favorite fight in the game if the brother didn't get revived FOR A THIRD TIME. Gundyr is just an asshole, and Nameless King has that BS first phase.

My favorite fight was Abyss Watchers for sure.

Pontiff was pretty easy for me. Aldrich was a little tough, but once I figured out the arrow thing, he's mostly just Crsystal Sage V2.

zashga

The hardest boss for me was Pontiff, by far. I spent a lot longer on him than I did on anyone else. I had to resort to pyromancy to kill his shadow because I just couldn't find openings to attack him in melee while it was up.

Other bosses I struggled with a bit include Dancer (definitely second-hardest), Aldrich (pretty much exclusively due to his arrows), Princes, Dragonslayer Armor, and Nameless King. Bosses like Abyss Watchers, Soul of Cinder, and Champion Gundyr were great but not very difficult.

I only one-shot Vordt, Greatwood, Deacons, Yhorm, and Oceiros.

generic_username

I switched to an alt account to ditch my embarrassing tag so I could be an embarrassing Naughty Dog fanboy in peace. Ask me anything!
1. Nameless King - Worst Camera in a Souls boss yet
2. Soul of Cinder
3. Pontiff
4. Champion Gundyr
5. Abyss Watchers
6. Lothric Prince

Rest are about the same level of difficulty.

Meneses

Nameless King was the only one that really caused me trouble.

Even after beating him a few times I still have some trouble getting his timing right.

Champion Gundyr gave me some trouble, too.

The rest were surprisingly (maybe disappointingly?) "easy".

generic_username

Nameless King was the only one that really caused me trouble.

Even after beating him a few times I still have some trouble getting his timing right.

Champion Gundyr gave me some trouble, too.

The rest were surprisingly (maybe disappointingly?) "easy".

Dark Souls 3 has mostly mediocre bosses both design wise and difficulty wise unfortunately.

I think "its hard/not hard git gud!" is maybe...the most boring possible discussion about dark Souls, so Im gonna ignore that and just rank all the bosses by my personal preference. Some of the higher ones might be "harder" than lower ranked ones, maybe now. We'll see, fam.

1. The Princes - A great test of your Dark Souls ability, requiring you to dodge, have proper spacing, read various physical and projectile attack patterns, and then survive the harder curve when the other Prince gets involved. Fantastic music, too.

2. Champion Gundyr - This is how you do a reversion. Like how the original Gundyr tested your skills at the beginning, CG tests you at the end. If you can beat this fucker 1v1, its like you passed, ya know. You've come a long way but now you've beat Dark Souls.

3. Soul of Cinder - A really dope final boss, both thematically with him being basically the OG Dark Souls undead hero, and his really fun moveset. Getting Soul Calibur juggled by this giant flame sword was boss.

4. Dragon dude - I'm not looking up any of their names, so I forget his name. The Dragon Slayer armor guy. Great moveset, dope music, interesting 2nd form that builds on the strengths of the first half while adding to the atmoshphere of it all.

5. Pontiff - Another great boss. You notice all the best bosses are like just solo dudes with swords and shit like you, just like all the best bosses in action games(Vergil, Murai, Jeanne, Captain Blue, Zeus and Persus in GoW2, etc).

6. Dancer - Beautiful animations, lot of moves to learn, great back and forth of learning and dodging, and baiting attacks out. Would be higher if she didn't have that bullshit grab with the wonky From Software hitbox that killed me TWICE.

7. Nameless King - Would be higher if it was just Phase 2. Phase 1 has the spectacle, but the camera system is really not designed for it, and when you figure it out its not even very satisfying. The second phase tho, whoa.

8. Crystal Sage - I really like this boss, more than the other projectile spam boss. I really like her design, her music, the copy gimmick, how it encourages you to manage the various projectiles with your stamina and such.

9. Abyss Watchers - Actually beat this one on my first try, but had no estus left. Tough but cool fight, especially the phase 1 where you can actually get the watchers to fight themselves.

10. Curse of the Rotten Greatwood - I liked this one quite a lot too, a combination of crowd control with "Attack the Weak Spot".

11. the first Gundyr you run up against - Good tutorial boss, fun phase two transformaiton, if you dont just totally destroy him while he's transforming.

12. Vordt - He would be cooler if it wasnt so easy to just stand under his ass and destroy him.

13. Yhorm - There's room for spectacle bosses like this. Bonus points if you got Siegward to join the battle and destroy this mothafucka.

14. Aldritch - This boss was a really annoying version of Crystal Sage. Fuck this bitch.

15. Consumed King - I actually summoned a NPC on this one and I just kinda kept hitting him in the ass til he died so I cant really judge him or anything.

16. Demon King - Another annoying boss cuz the fuckin camera. Stop making bosses that expose your camera system limits, FROM software.

17. Giant with the gold rings - kinda a nothingboss here, when he's not instantly killing you.

18. Deacons of the Deep - Ahh, Deacons. Its a decent idea, focusing on crowd control and projectile/buff management...but it just didnt have the right balance. A noble failure.

I think I prefer BB's bosses on the whole, but this certainly better than DS1, where half the bosses aint shit.

RedSnake

Pontiff >>>>>>>>>> Nameless King.

I need to fight him more but Pontiff kicks my ass badly.

I managed to kill on my first try many bosses (Wolnir, Champion, Tree, Wivern, Oceiros, Yhorm, Deacons, Crystal Sage...) but Pontiff still wrecks me when I get to him.

I can parry him at times now but still. By far the hardest for me.

I miss "BIG" monsters bosses but most, even if "easy", are very fun to beat.

I don't understand why people complain about the camera in nameless king. The first phase of that boss is dead easy. You just have to know when to switch lock from the king to the dragon.

But yeah he is the hardest I guess. Pontiff seemed hard at first until I just parried everything and the fight lasted 2 mins.

Game finished so here it's my breakdown (deaths are not exactly related to difficulty):

1- Nameless King: +20
2- Abyss Watchers: +30
3- Twin Princes: +15
4- Dragonslayer Armour: +15
5- Pontiff Sulyvahn: -10
6- Champion Gundyr: +5
7- Dancer of the Boreal Valley: +5
8- Aldritch: +5
9- Old Demon King: -10
10- King Wolnir: +5
11- Yhorm: -5 (without Storm Ruler)
12- Soul of Cinder: 3
13- Oceiros: 0
14- Wyvern: -5
15- Vordt of the Boreal Valley: 2
16- Rotten Greatwood: 2
17- Crystal Sage: 2
18- Deacons: 1
19- Ludex Gundyr: 0

Now I'll rank the best battle in terms of challenge and presentation (including music):

1- Nameless King (awesome)
2- Abyss Watchers (awesome)
3- Twin Princes (awesome)
4- Pontiff Sulyvahn (awesome)
5- Yhorm (awesome)
6- Dragonslayer Armour (very good)
7- Champion Gundyr (very good)
8- Dancer of the Boreal Valley (good)
9- Soul of Cinder (good)
10- Aldritch (average)
11- Vordt of the Boreal Valley (average)
12- Rotten Greatwood (average)
13- Deacons (average)
14- Oceiros (average)
15- Wyvern (average)
16- King Wolnir (average)
17- Old Demon King (bad)
18- Ludex Gundyr (bad)
19- Crystal Sage (bad)

This is my ranking. Did one shot or 2nd, 3rd try most with exception of Nameless King, Lothric, Dancer and Pontiff. Top 3 needed each a dozen of tries.

19. Yhorm the Giant
18. High Lord Wolnir
17. Ancient Wyvern
16. Vordt of the Boreal Valley
15. Deacons of the Deep
14. Curse-Rotted Greatwood
13. Iudex Gundyr
12. Champion Gundyr
11. Crystal Sage
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
9. Old Demon King
8. Dragonslayer Armour
7. Abyss Watchers
6. Oceiros, the Consumed King
5. Soul Of Cinder
4. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
3. Lothric, Younger Prince
2. Nameless King
1. Pontiff Sulyvahn

there was 4 I cooped for:

1.) Nameless King(A Gaffer saved me from giving up on this fight ^^)
2.) Pontiff (NPC)
3.) Gundyr(NPC)
4.) Abyss Watchers (NPC)

Nameless King and Pontiff I would still rate as particularly difficult. Gundyr just got me at a time that I just wanted to progress, and Abyss Watchers was sort of the same.

Other than them, Lothric Princes were very difficult with their teleporting BS. Soul of Cinder took me about 3~4 tries, and the last try took all of my estus flasks in a great finale. Not the most difficult but easily one of the most fun.

Rutti

1. Dancer
2. Pontiff Sulyvahn
3. Nameless King
4. Twin Princes
5. Oceiros, the Consumed King

Princes was my favorite.

Riposte

I guess I can repost this image:

Cgx5O6aW0AAa90D.jpg

Pontiff Sulyvahn, Nameless King, Soulcalibur of Cinder, Twin Princes, and Champion Gundyr - not as clever just blurting the names out I guess...

I made that list for the purpose of what I liked most, but in truth, it's about the same for who I found most difficult. However, oddly enough for some people I guess, I found Abyss Watchers harder than the first two. Dancer, Aldritch, and Crystal Sage were runner-ups. I think the Sullyvahn Beast mini-bosses (and those giant Bloodborne-like beasts in Farron Keep) would be up there if they had more health. In my experience, it was the optional challenges (mini-bosses) that were the meaty difficulty spikes of the game, at least for the first half or so.

I played 2-hand sword (Exile, Wolf Knight, Zwei), with using pretty much no parrying, also no magic, no shield, etc.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Of the bosses I soloed, Blade Dancer was by far the hardest.

Of the bosses I didnt solo, I actually felt that Champion Gundyr was harder than Nameless King :/

The third boss I summoned for was Old Demon King (lol) because i just wanted to leave that god forsaken area, it chewed my soul and pooped it out

Elixist

i thought vitality was health early game so i put like 24 points in and dint have trouble dealing with physical, but as soon as i got to Sage he fuckin shit on me lol. I then figured it out and got some vig came back and stomped him. Gundyr was just savage on me idk i think i died like 8 times, his big combo second stage would just wreck me. I dint get to legit try abyss watcher because i summoned on accident and dude i summoned was a beast. I think i got lucky on Nameless cause i beat him like third time np with some lightning resist shit and the end boss first try.

1: Sage
2: Champion Gundyr

The camera during the princes fight turned a fairly easy fight into a 2 hour ordeal, the fight was so frustrating that i just summoned for the final boss.

Pontiff Sulivan was the fight that gave me the most satisfaction.

M3z_

1. Soul of Cinder
2. Champion Gundyr
3. Prine Lothric

Fuck the Nameless King fight. Took me 7 tries, first 6 were me just dying to horrendous camera in the dragon phase, 7th time I killed the dragon and beat his on foot phase first try. The fight looks cool as fuck and story wise it is cool, but the mechanics of the fight were not remotely standout.

vocab

I beat champion gundyr on the first try. I was surprised how fast I cut him down, and how easy he was that late in the game.

Since we have regular runs covered I'll try to cover a SL1 no upgrade run difficulty. I only have Nameless King and Soul of Cinders left, but I have a feeling they will both be up topping the list so I'll put them there for now.

1. Soul of Cinder - Insta-death combos on SL1 especially in phase 2. Hard to find openings in anything other than spear and sword forms in stage one. A long battle you are very likely to mess up.

2. Nameless King - Phase one is okay. You have to fight the camera, but the King of Storms goes down easily enough with a buffed Dragonslayer's Axe. Good luck with part two though. Tiny chip damage with no real alternative than to get in there. Some attacks are hard to dodge perfectly.

3. Dragonslayer Armour - MY GOD. Before this fight was done, I was ready to rip my hair out. On a SL1 no upgrade run, you don't have the ability to access any weapons that do any kind of respectable damage to him. You chip him down, hoping you can dodge the quick shield bashes that take off half your life, only to reach phase two. This is where it gets infuriating. Two of his two handed attacks in this phase look very similar, and the shockwave comes out too fast for you to roll after it starts. Prediction is a big part of this fight. In addition, his attacks can potentially kill you in one hit unembered now.

But most infuriating is the fire from the Butterflies. I had to turn down the epic music just so I could hear when they were firing. The laser was easy to dodge, and the mini fireball storm was annoying, but didn't kill me. But those large shots kill in one hit, and you can't dodge through them. Even with the Carthus ring I couldn't roll through it. If you are not ACTIVELY running when it reaches the bridge, you're dead. If he hits you or makes you start dodging, you're likely dead. It's crazy. All of this is going on while you're still dealing miniscule chip damage. Biggest pain in the ass so far.

4. Dancer of the Boreal Valley - Same problems as the one before: You just simply don't have a viable damage option for the fight. Any spin move the dancer does kills you in one hit as well. Putting you in a battle of attrition that it will almost always win. In phase two, you have to resort to hit and run, as just about any hit will kill you in one shot. Punish and hope for the best in this long, drawn-out battle.

5. Lothric Princes - Here you have a weapon that can actually be buffed to deal end-game damage reliably on Lorian's weakness. The problem comes in the fact that you have to kill Lorian, who has many moves that will one hit KO you at least three times. Once you have the first part down, it's pretty easy to get him down once, but Lothric jumping in makes it a pain. You have to hide in a narrow hallway behind pillars and fight not only the princes but the camera as well as you dodge Lorian's attacks and take cover from the homing barrage. Getting slashes in on Lothric when you can helps out a lot, but it is a very precise and demanding fight.

Video

6. Deacons of the Deep - Not even joking. They were a massive roadblock on this run. On a no upgrade run, you are not at all equipped to deal the kind of damage necessary to take these guys down. In phase two they get so aggressive and kill you in so few hits, you may never hit the Archdeacon after the initial backstab. Then the bastards try to heal on you negating your damage. All the while, fire and wrath of the gods are raining down on you. Then you have the curse to worry about... This is a totally different fight in a SL1 no upgrade run, I recommend everyone try it before simply laughing at how easy it is all the time.

7. Abyss Watchers - Another massive roadblock, these guys just won't let up. You can parry them for decent damage, but trying to deal with multiple watchers is madness. And even when the third one hops in, good luck trying to deal some damage safely with melee.

Part two is infuriating (and immolating). You can't parry anymore, and he becomes much more aggressive. The fire sweeps will easily kill you in one hit, and your only safe opportunities to attack arise through dodging aoe attacks that kill you in one hit. Sometimes you don't quite make it out of the range, either.

Damage output is poor but manageable for these guys.

8. Oceiros - Oof, this was a rough one. Done before DSA I didn't have access to my Dragonslayer Axe/Gold Resin combo that would have likely made this fight rather easy. Phase one I was doing about 90 dmg per swing of a lightning infused Battle Axe. He doesn't give much chance to buff, so I just went with that. His leap attack kills you in one hit, and will get you more often than you would like at first. He constantly backs away from you and does those annoying quick swipes. And his breath attack kills you quickly as well. If you can get behind him, phase one is easy.

Phase two is the rough one. Getting behind him lets you get some swipes in, but you have to dodge his spin attack constantly. He also loves to dash around and leap across the stage, making you pursue him and remain very aggressive, which is where we tend to get sloppy. If you are underneath and hit charges, you die. If he charges and you misread *Easy to do* You die. You will die to his charge attack multiple times. If you can avoid that you may make it through.

9. Aldrich of the Deep - I had quite a few problems with this fight. His Soul Spear attacks are no problem, but in general, letting him do magic is a bad idea. His swipes kill you in one hit, however. And they appear to have variable timing to some extent as well, making this an easy fight to mess up. If he starts to spread those homing shots in the air, don't even try to attack him, just keep running. 3 of them will kill you. Arrows are no problem in this phase.

Phase two: Good luck. He will spend 5-7 seconds straight spreading the homing missles. If you are lucky you will be able to dodge them without immediately having to dodge the arrow rain when you are out of stamina. Otherwise it's instant death. The spin attack is easy to dodge but has deceptive reach. And that fire trail knocks off your health a lot faster than it should. As difficult as it was though, the extra practice through Anri's Quest (Shouldn't be dead, since you can't do Yoel/Yuria's quest line) helped a lot.

10. Pontiff Sulyvahn - What an intense fight. On a SL1 run, parrying is the path of least resistance. Figuring out what attacks (His fire sword) you can parry, and when to do so is most of this fight.

Phase two, you need to do two charge attacks at the right moment when he is summoning his stand. If you do it correctly, it may die right there, making phase two easier. Then you can parry the same attacks and rinse/repeat. Just watch out for the fire AOE's and retreating slash attacks. If you miss the easy kill on the stand, good luck. This fight becomes much harder with the clone out, and you are much more likely to die, kill the clone before anything else.

Vid

11. Champion Gundyr - Just like with Pontiff, parrying is the way to go. He's weak to Lightning, so that Dragonslayer Axe is the best weapon again. Parry the right attacks, and you should be untouchable in phase one. Make sure to use a couple of parries to buff/heal before phase two starts.

Phase two, you can parry his charging attack as well as the safe ones from phase one. His shoulder check is a huge problem and can OHKO you, so when you aren't able to parry and he is closing in, just dodge, dodge, dodge. Knowing this now, I can't see him giving me any problems in the future.

Vid

12. Crystal Sage - A rather simple boss in a regular run, this turns into a literal bullet hell on a SL1 run. His slow homing attacks kill in one hit, sword kills in two (but the homing attack will have looped back around by then and will kill you anyway), and his other magic attacks will also kill in one hit. Phase one is okay if you've gone through it before. But phase 2? *Shudders* Don't try to take out the clones, Aim for him directly. They will all go away when he hides underground again. If you're lucky, you can knock his health down without them even firing in phase two. If they start, you are likely dead.

13. Old Demon King - Did this last night. It wasn't too bad, you can dodge through most of his phase one attacks easy, but the AOE's are a bitch. The fire spit move killed me far too many times. Once you can recognize the tells for it, it's totally doable.

Phase two isn't much harder. You have to watch the ring of fire to know where it's coming from when it's summoned, as it kills you in one hit. The meteor rain shouldn't hit you though. Just watch for the explosion he does there at the end of the fight. That killed me once, and it was more than a bit upsetting.

Vid

14. Curse Rotted Greatwood - Unlike in a regular run, the mob in phase one is more than an annoyance, and can kill or combo you easily in this fight. Especially the Red Eye worker and the Hammer worker. In addition, it may be harder to get the pockets to burst due to damage output.

Phase two isn't much harder, but you have to get good at dodging the grab. It is a OHKO in SL1, and it will end a run very quickly. Other than that, this fight wasn't too bad.

15. Ancient Wyvern - No harder than a regular speedrun really. The Chain Axe knight right before the ladder can kill you easily if he follows you to it when you're climbing up, but otherwise, you shouldn't have too many problems here.

16. High Lord Wolnir - Killed me once, because he sent that fog out really early. Other than that it wasn't any different from regular NG.

17. Yorhm the Giant - I had Siegward with me this time (For once) and that made this fight a bit of a joke. I bet that with the damage Yorhm does, this would be a rather hard fight without him in SL1.

18. Iudex Gundyr - Not really that hard, just dodge the shadow's attacks and it shouldn't be any harder than your first time through.

19. Vordt of the Boreal Valley - A complete joke with a fire reinforced club.

MilkBeard

Aldritch and Champion Gundyr were the hardest to solo for me. Me being a Dex/melee build made Aldritch in particular a hellish fight. Eventually figured out that you can spam him, but he would still get off some hits and my magic resistance was pretty low at the time. I died the most to Aldritch.

Champion Gundyr is just a relentless boss, and I found that difficult. Not nearly as hard as it was for me to kill Aldritch though.

All the other bosses were medium difficulty. I beat Dancer and Iudex Gundyr first try.

MilkBeard

Dark Souls 3 has mostly mediocre bosses both design wise and difficulty wise unfortunately.

Disagree heavily. Most of them were moderately difficult, I would say, 'the sweet spot' in terms of difficulty.

As for design, many of them are great and some of the best Souls boss designs in the series, in my opinion.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Nameless King, Pontiff, Dragonslayer. No question. Way harder than anyone else.

I didn't find Soul of Cinder nearly as hard as those three.

I think "its hard/not hard git gud!" is maybe...the most boring possible discussion about dark Souls, so Im gonna ignore that and just rank all the bosses by my personal preference. Some of the higher ones might be "harder" than lower ranked ones, maybe now. We'll see, fam.

1. The Princes - A great test of your Dark Souls ability, requiring you to dodge, have proper spacing, read various physical and projectile attack patterns, and then survive the harder curve when the other Prince gets involved. Fantastic music, too.

2. Champion Gundyr - This is how you do a reversion. Like how the original Gundyr tested your skills at the beginning, CG tests you at the end. If you can beat this fucker 1v1, its like you passed, ya know. You've come a long way but now you've beat Dark Souls.

3. Soul of Cinder - A really dope final boss, both thematically with him being basically the OG Dark Souls undead hero, and his really fun moveset. Getting Soul Calibur juggled by this giant flame sword was boss.

4. Dragon dude - I'm not looking up any of their names, so I forget his name. The Dragon Slayer armor guy. Great moveset, dope music, interesting 2nd form that builds on the strengths of the first half while adding to the atmoshphere of it all.

5. Pontiff - Another great boss. You notice all the best bosses are like just solo dudes with swords and shit like you, just like all the best bosses in action games(Vergil, Murai, Jeanne, Captain Blue, Zeus and Persus in GoW2, etc).

6. Dancer - Beautiful animations, lot of moves to learn, great back and forth of learning and dodging, and baiting attacks out. Would be higher if she didn't have that bullshit grab with the wonky From Software hitbox that killed me TWICE.

7. Nameless King - Would be higher if it was just Phase 2. Phase 1 has the spectacle, but the camera system is really not designed for it, and when you figure it out its not even very satisfying. The second phase tho, whoa.

8. Crystal Sage - I really like this boss, more than the other projectile spam boss. I really like her design, her music, the copy gimmick, how it encourages you to manage the various projectiles with your stamina and such.

9. Abyss Watchers - Actually beat this one on my first try, but had no estus left. Tough but cool fight, especially the phase 1 where you can actually get the watchers to fight themselves.

10. Curse of the Rotten Greatwood - I liked this one quite a lot too, a combination of crowd control with "Attack the Weak Spot".

11. the first Gundyr you run up against - Good tutorial boss, fun phase two transformaiton, if you dont just totally destroy him while he's transforming.

12. Vordt - He would be cooler if it wasnt so easy to just stand under his ass and destroy him.

13. Yhorm - There's room for spectacle bosses like this. Bonus points if you got Siegward to join the battle and destroy this mothafucka.

14. Aldritch - This boss was a really annoying version of Crystal Sage. Fuck this bitch.

15. Consumed King - I actually summoned a NPC on this one and I just kinda kept hitting him in the ass til he died so I cant really judge him or anything.

16. Demon King - Another annoying boss cuz the fuckin camera. Stop making bosses that expose your camera system limits, FROM software.

17. Giant with the gold rings - kinda a nothingboss here, when he's not instantly killing you.

18. Deacons of the Deep - Ahh, Deacons. Its a decent idea, focusing on crowd control and projectile/buff management...but it just didnt have the right balance. A noble failure.

I think I prefer BB's bosses on the whole, but this certainly better than DS1, where half the bosses aint shit.

Good ranking. I'm on the Princes now and they're deffo my favorite of the game thus far (in the best area of the game too imo). One of the coolest/best bosses I've ever fought really. Aesthetically and mechanically it's just so good. Plus, ya gotta love the bosses that shit talk you after they kill you.

Khezu

Easy
Bort
Tree
Deacons
Wolnier
Giant
Sage
Old Demon King
Stray Demon
Ocelot
Tar Grundy
Wyvern
Abyss Watchers

Medium
Cinder
Tekken Grundy
Fallen King
Dragonslayer armor
Dancer
Alderich

Hard
Pontiff (maybe)
The prince brothers
Crocodile dogs
Giant crabs

19. Old Demon King - 0...he has no ranged attacks use a bow why the fuck is he so high up on any list... Guys. He had 0 ranged attacks. Like I never even took damage. He takes like 50 arrows maybe? Such a boring fight.
18. Yhorm the Giant - died once trying to swap weapons.
17. Never died to him only the grunts on the way to the top.
16. High Lord Wolnir - died several times before he became a joke boss when I found his weakness.
15. Ludex Grundry
14. Vordt of the Boreal Valley
13. Lothric, Younger Prince - garbage boss couldn't believe it was second last.
12. Deacons of the Deep
11. Curse Rotted Great wood
10. Crystal Sage
9. Abyss Watchers
8. Dragonslayer Armour
8. Oceiros, the Consumed King
7. Champion Gundyr
5. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
4. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
3. Soul of Cinder
2. Pontiff Sulyvahn
1. Nameless King

Disagree heavily. Most of them were moderately difficult, I would say, 'the sweet spot' in terms of difficulty.

As for design, many of them are great and some of the best Souls boss designs in the series, in my opinion.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. While there may be some tough duels in some of the others, most of DS3's felt the most fair while still being pretty amazing from a design and challenge perspective. Dragonslayer Armor has projectiles being fired from off screen, but it is still fair because you can hear when they are charging up. Belfry Gargoyles on the other hand? Or Capra and the Dogs? Both of those seem to be unfair in one way or another, and are difficult in what I consider a bad way. Capra no shield is still bullshit.

Even Abyss Watchers, while similar to Belfry Gargoyles from 2, is in many ways still more fair as the third one draws aggro from at least one of the other two every time it pops up. The difficulty is fair pretty much everywhere in this game. Yet every fight is, in my opinion, still very challenging to do/do well.

19. Old Demon King - 0...he has no ranged attacks use a bow why the fuck is he so high up on any list... Guys. He had 0 ranged attacks. Like I never even took damage. He takes like 50 arrows maybe? Such a boring fight.

He has a decent number of ranged attacks though. You were just unlucky. For Reference

Vena

Dancer and Armor were my worst ones for one reason: frame rate. I could not do the Armor fight with a steady frame rate at any setting, and it was a nightmare. Dancer would very occasionally get choppy early on for whatever reason.

20+ Deaths:
Nameless King

11-15 Deaths:
Pontiff Sulyvahn
Old Demon King
Abyss Watchers

8-10 Deaths:
Dragonslayer Armour
Dancer of the Boreal Valley

5-7 Deaths:
The Princes
Champion Gundyr