• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Your ranking for most difficult Dark Souls III bosses (unmarked spoilers)

Nazo

1. Nameless King.
2. Champion Gundyr. (fuck this asshole's stupid kick and and shoulder tackle move that stops you form almost ever actually getting a hit in without trading.)
3. Lothric Princes.

Save for those three I killed the rest of the bosses in 2-3 tries.

I agree with that wholeheartedly. While there may be some tough duels in some of the others, most of DS3's felt the most fair while still being pretty amazing from a design and challenge perspective. Dragonslayer Armor has projectiles being fired from off screen, but it is still fair because you can hear when they are charging up. Belfry Gargoyles on the other hand? Or Capra and the Dogs? Both of those seem to be unfair in one way or another, and are difficult in what I consider a bad way. Capra no shield is still bullshit.

Even Abyss Watchers, while similar to Belfry Gargoyles from 2, is in many ways still more fair as the third one draws aggro from at least one of the other two every time it pops up. The difficulty is fair pretty much everywhere in this game. Yet every fight is, in my opinion, still very challenging to do/do well.

He has a decent number of ranged attacks though. You were just unlucky. For Reference

I have beaten him on ng+ and my bow doubles the range of any of his garbage attacks

Difficulty?

1. Nameless King
  2. Princes
  3. Pontiff Sulyvahn
  4. Champion Gundyr
  5. Soul of Cinder
Favourite?
  1. Pontiff Sulyvahn
  2. Champion Gundyr
  3. Soul of Cinder
  4. Nameless King
  5. Abyss Watchers

GorillaJu

I died a shit ton on Watchers and Pontiff, but can beat Nameless King in 1 try. First run it took me maybe 3 or 4 times for NK. Pontiff I thought was just absolute fucking bullshit, but NK's moves seemed pretty simple to me, he's got very rhythmic animations and only maybe two of his attacks come out fast or unpredictably. The camera is totally fine too, people who complain about it in NK just aren't using the camera to their advantage.

Watchers are actually kinda hard if you try to maintain distance and if you have a weapon that doesn't interrupt animations. I used Uchigatana first and it was awful. On later runs, I tried various other weapons and they all wrecked AW. Longsword really puts the game in easy mode.

For me the hardest boss I now consider to be Old Demon King.

CHC

Champion Gundyr and Nameless King were, to me, the only truly memorable challenges.

The rest of the bosses were all brilliant, there wasn't one I disliked, but I think they'd make more of an impression if they were a little harder.

Some weird, masochisic part of me kind of misses "bullshit bosses" like Capra Demon or Maneaters from Demon's Souls. Fights with stupid unpredictable factors that take place in really shitty arenas. There's something about the total frustration that is kind of funny an enjoyable, where all you can do is just put your palm over your face and laugh.

I found Abyss Watchers very easy. The secret is something the game tries to train you out of: backstabs.

Seriously, those boys love getting stabbed in the back. Even when you're fighting one of them 1-vs-1, they will still gladly lean forward and wait for you to give them a solid poke from behind, if you're so inclined. This makes the earlier part of the fight trivial (because you can use backstab i-frames to avoid a lot of the gangbang damage), and the second phase almost a joke if you know how to dodge.

The downside? Yeah, you need to learn how to dodge properly. You aren't going to get many backstabs off if you're turtled up behind a shield getting knocked back in blockstun every time they open themselves up with one of those absurdly over-committed swings.

The Champ and the Nameless King.

I was stubbornly trying to beat them with the standard Ultra Greatsword, which means you get hit 95% of the time when you try to hit them, which leads to death.

Once I switched to the Butcher Knife, they went down in one go.

Defuser

Lorian and Nameless King was the hardest for me to beat. I enjoy fighting Pontiff, Abyss watchers and Soul of Cinder because their attacks are predictable and they give a artoria vibe of satisfaction when beaten because it's so good.

Good ranking. I'm on the Princes now and they're deffo my favorite of the game thus far (in the best area of the game too imo). One of the coolest/best bosses I've ever fought really. Aesthetically and mechanically it's just so good. Plus, ya gotta love the bosses that shit talk you after they kill you.

Yes, although I dont think they are any BAD areas(although the catacombs is clearly the lowpoint), the second half is really great and Lothic Castle is one of *puts fingers together and kiss fingers like an insufferable jackass* levels. The final push up to the Princes through the steady progression of Knights was perfect. I praised the sun so hard after that.
\
lmao at the shit talking at the end. "I mean...you still aint shit tho, you know that right? *dies*"

From my first playthrough:

1. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
2. Oceiros, Consumed King
3. Nameless King
4. Lorian and Lothric
5. Soul of Cinder

The only boss I believe I had to face more than 10 times was the Dancer. Sulyvahn I managed in 3 tries, Gundyr on my first (both Iudex and Champion).

Perhaps my rankings will change after NG+. The later playthroughs are what made the likes of Orphan of Kos, Four Kings, and Smelter Demon such headaches.

t1gerjaw

1.Nameless King
2.Pontiff Sulyvahn
3.Aldrich
4.Champion Gundyr
5.Soul of Cinder

I really hate the Nameless King and Aldrich (those arrows, sheesh).

UberLevi

Everyone saying Nameless King is tough makes me sad because I accidently cheesed him. I got the Dragonslayer Shield from the boss soul prior and the huge lightning resistance on it kinda trivialized the fight a bit.

My toughest fights, statisically, were Champion Gundyr (8), High King Wolnir (4), and Abyss Watchers (4). I wouldn't say Wolnir was hard, though. Just that I was being too headstrong in the fight.

Gundyr was certainly the hardest, most frustrating boss in the game for me personally.

bobawesome

Cinder and Aldrich were the only bosses I struggled with on my first playthrough. I didn't fight Nameless King until NG+ but I only died twice. NG++ is proving to be a different story.

I have beaten him on ng+ and my bow doubles the range of any of his garbage attacks

From what I've heard the same could be said of Nameless King. Try fighting him melee next time, and you may see why people have him somewhere other than last. Different styles will have problems with different bosses.

maomaoIYP

Soul of Cinders was a bloody joke, I killed him on the first try with no help. Champion Gundyr and Nameless King were both infinitely harder.

Aldrich and Dancer were my favorite fights. So fucking pretty.

nkarafo

Nameless King was the first boss that made me rage in the Souls series. Also the first boss ever that i couldn't kill in the first 5-6 tries or so. And i'm one of those who managed to beat Smaug and Ornstein in the first 3 tries, while playing solo.

He is also one of the most impressive looking though (during 1st phase). So at least you get something from the whole ordeal.

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
5. Soul of Cinder
4. Pontiff Sulyvahn
3. Twin Princes
2. Champion Gundyr
1. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods

Since I was playing a pure caster, I plowed through Nameless King like he was made out of cheap cartboard. Crystal Soul Spear annihilates both phases. Soul of Cinder reminded me of him in many ways, except he was legitimately murderous in the first phase. Gwyn still kind of blows after all these years, even if you can`t parry him. But that first phase was hellish. Especially when he went full caster like me. My keepaway game, became his.

Aldrich was just goddamn hellish though. Jesus. Phenomenal battle. His moveset is just an incredible thing. Can kill you at a distance in seconds, so it forced me to close the gap for the first time since Deacons of the Deep. Then the arrows made me run away. I had to dabble in pyromancy, to put him down after 3 more tries. He killed me I think more than most bosses in the series ever did. Took me days.

Gouty

Bloodborne is shit
Killed NK on my first attempt, no problems.

Got wrecked by Yhorm countless times.

Not joking, I just couldn't get that asshole off of me long enough to charge that attack.

Yes, although I dont think they are any BAD areas(although the catacombs is clearly the lowpoint), the second half is really great and Lothic Castle is one of *puts fingers together and kiss fingers like an insufferable jackass* levels. The final push up to the Princes through the steady progression of Knights was perfect. I praised the sun so hard after that.

lmao at the shit talking at the end. "I mean...you still aint shit tho, you know that right? *dies*"

I thought Catacombs was pretty dope actually. Aesthetically it kinda recalls copy/paste chalice dungeon mess, but the actual level design is pretty sweet and the ninja skeletons that roll and spin all over the place are really fun to fight. Shame Wolnir is a shitty boss though.

I think Catacombs are better than Farron Keep (fuck swamps that make you slow walk), and Smoldering Lake/Demon Ruins were actively bad areas. Like they put the boss fog gate right near the start because they knew they would piss people off if they made them go through that jumbled chalice-dungeon-but-worse, and Demon King was a pretty weak boss as well.

But yea, for the most part the levels are consistantly good, and Lothric Castle is the perfect end-cap with diverse encounters, great bosses, super cool vertical level design, awesome visuals, and two of the best bosses in the game.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
These are the ones I found hardest, and summoned for, (as I just don't have time to grind them out when the game still took me over 45 hours to beat).

1. Nameless King
2. Soul of Cinder
3. Abyss Watchers
4. Champion Gundyr
5. Dragonslayer Armour
6. Lothric, Younger Prince
7. Dancer of the Boreal Valley

As that shows, I struggle most by far with the faster, humanoid type bosses. I struggle with getting timing and patterns down, and being patient/not greedy as I just don't enjoy those type of fights much. I have the easiest time with Old Demon King/Cleric Beast type fights where you mostly just roll and keep hitting them in the ass and have to dodge a couple big attacks now and then.

Champion Gundyr fucked me up more than anyone else, dude doesn't even wait until the halfway health point before deciding to turn his moveset up on steroids, that's how much he means business.
Gundyr was as traditional ruck as it gets, a relentless melee machine with a variety of attacks to cover the various areas around him.

Yup, nailed it.

Gundyr is the single best boss in DaS3 (didn't fight NK yet). Pontiff Sulyvan is a clown compared to Gundyr.

Gundyr means BUSINESS.

Yup, nailed it.

Gundyr is the single best boss in DaS3 (didn't fight NK yet). Pontiff Sulyvan is a clown compared to Gundyr.

Gundyr means BUSINESS.

Gundyr is fun. Partly because his attacks are so relentless, and that tracking is so damn crazy. Partly because I used to laugh at his pathetic goo form and then got rekt by his true form. lol.

I would not say he is the best, but he is certainly very fun.

Gundyr, though.... motherfucker was on another level. Those kicks and the shoulder slams did me in more times than I care to remember.

He has this fucking combo - he did it twice to me I think - where he somehow juggles you in the air (!) and the kicks you while you are falling down. Like in friggin' Street Fighter!

Such a great boss. The frenziness of Flamelurker coupled with the look of Old King Doran.

GODDAMN

You beat Yhorm without the Stormblade? My lack of damage immediately set of alarm bells that this was a puzzle boss. Same with Ancient Dragon.

I did it too. I knew it was a puzzle (obvious) but I couldn't make the key to the puzzle to work so I killed him the standard way. After you damage his head with Soul Arrow a couple of times he falls down to his knees - like Adjudicator falls down in DeS. Then you can hit him for about 10% of his health. Taking into account the other damage you have to bring him down to his knees 7 times in total. It took me 20+ minutes to beat him. Luckily his attacks are 100% avoidable, even in his 2nd form.

dmr87

In terms of # of deaths then it's probably the following. No co-op or NPCs.

Nameless King
Soul of Cinder
Abyss Watchers
Lothric
Champion Gundyr

Was a dex build, high stamina and lowest equip load. Played in rags for like 80% of the game.

Bedlam

Soul of Cinder is the best final boss of the franchise. It is what Miyazaki wanted Gwyn to be in the first Dark Souls.
Gwyn is much better - visual-wise.

He was pretty tough in vanilla DS, before From nerfed the whole game and players arrived at him overleveled. The DLC made him an even bigger joke. Still, Gwyn is coolest final Souls boss in my opinion.

I find it silly people are having trouble with old demon king. He's slow, his attacks are heavily telegraphed and easily dodgable. The meteor thing he does can give you a good 2 or 3 hits and then you can easily dodge back all the slow meteors.

I died the first time and coincidentally had the host die on me in CO op when you get him to his last 10th/20th of health when he falls on his knees and then explodes. Most people wanna rush him and attack there but if you just wait far away he'll explode and then you can rush him to do all the attacks you want.

I had a harder time with dancer due to the erratic movements and little tells on some of her attacks. Second phase it's particularly bad if you don't use columns to avoid her attacks because there's little breaks between her attacks and her spin moves took like my whole health bar.
I find it silly people struggle with Dancer. I ported in from the giant boss fight and 1 shot Dancer.

That's the beauty of the game I think. A lot of people struggle with different bosses because their playstyle is very different than other people. Or their more comfortable in certain situations.

1. Nameless King
2. Pontiff
3. Soul of Cinder
4. Old Demon King
5. Lothric

Nameless King was by far the hardest. I nearly gave in and summoned, but couldn't summon so I just kept trying alone. Leveled 2 different weapons to try, bought a bunch lightning defense pellets. Think it was nearly 3 hours of playtime to get it. The first phase is just a waste of time once you figure it out.

Vitor711

He has this fucking combo - he did it twice to me I think - where he somehow juggles you in the air (!) and the kicks you while you are falling down. Like in friggin' Street Fighter!

Such a great boss. The frenziness of Flamelurker coupled with the look of Old King Doran.

GODDAMN

I don't understand how people struggled so much on Grundyr and Old Demon King.

Not saying I'm great at DkS (Pontiff and Dancer wrecked me more than I'd like to admit). However, Old Demon King had the most easily dodgeable attacks in the game (especially his ranged one - just hide behind the rocks in the environment, they're there for a reason). As for Grundry, yes, his second phase is aggressive, but his moveset hasn't actually changed that much. He has all the same combos but with one extra attack at the end of each one to punish you for using the same timing windows as before. I guess my build maybe helped me out - were people doing magic against these guys? If so, I could see Grundry especially being an issue.

For me, it goes like this:

1) Pontiff
2) Dancer
3) Deacons (I know - I just played too passively and learnt a lesson there).

Haven't got to Nameless King yet so I assume my list might change a bit soon...

johntown

Banned
My list is a little different trying to play as a pure caster (with default VGR) is pretty tough since the stat investment to do semi decent damage is huge and since most of the hard bosses are highly resistant to magic. I have actually had to do quite a few melee.

I have not beaten all the bosses.

1. Aldrich - highly resistant to magic so I was forced to go pyro and still didn't have a chance since 99% of his attacks 1 shot me.

2. Champion Gundyr - magic does good damage but the boss is so aggressive in the second phase casting is nearly impossible. I had to use parry's

3. Pontiff Sulyvahn - easy for a caster as long as you can maintain the right distance. To close and he will charge you when you try to cast plus being 1 shot didn't help.

3. Dancer of the Boreal Valley - good magic damage but casting is easily punished by the boss I found melee much more effective.

4. Yhorm the Giant - yeah easy for most people but no when your a caster that is forced to use a weapon to win and cannot tank 1 hit.

5. Abyss Watchers - decent magic damage but the second form is hard for a caster.

6. High Lord Wolnir - I know easy for melee as that is how I beat it. When you hit the boss with magic he summons re-spawning skeletons and uses a giant sword. I ended up doing the boss melee because trying as a caster makes the fight harder for no reason. The boss is a joke for melee.

7. Oceiros - punished as a caster and highly resistant to magic. I went melee for this boss but didn't have a problem

8. Iudex Gundyr - it was hard for me at the time. Doubt it would be now but still hard for a tutorial boss

9. Dragonslayer - easy as melee or a caster

10. Vordt of the Boreal Valley - not very hard can do melee or caster but pure caster is harder.

11. Cure-Rotted Greatwood - only hard part was figuring out what to hit.

12. Deacons of the Deep - once I figured out what to do easy

13. Crystal Sage - easy for melee punished as a caster

14. Old Demon King - I think the easiest boss for a caster

15. Lothrich Younger Prince - I only tried once so far but it seems like this one will be high on my list.

Have not fought the other hard ones yet. **after Aldrich I started investing in VGR**

Sizzel

I play aggressively ala Bloodborne when using weapons. I ran through a full chaos fireball build with little weapon use and two handed no sheild FUGS playthrough.

Hardest

1.) Nameless King - had to co-op to beat him. First form is clown shoes
2.) Pontiff Sulyvahn - just figured out you could parry him pretty easy so he will fall off this list IF i can get timing down.
3.) Aldritch - this was embarassingly hard for me.Then I learned to lock on when running from arrows and rush him when he spawns.
4.) Champion G -Fun boss just had to stay after him not hard per se for me but harder then the rest
5.) SoC --Fun boss too took me a coupleafew tries.

Woetyler

18. High Lord Wolnir - 0
17. Deacons of the Deep - 0
16. Yhorm the Giant - 1
15. Ancient Wyvern - 1
14. Curse-Rotted Greatwood - 1
13. Vordt of the Boreal Valley - 2
12. Crystal Sage - 1
11. Oceiros, the Consumed King - 0
10. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods - 3
9. Iudex Gundyr - 2
8. Dragonslayer Armour - 2
7. Old Demon King - 3
6. Abyss Watchers - 1
5. Champion Gundyr - 3
4. Lothric, Younger Prince - 6
3. Dancer of the Boreal Valley - 7
2. Pontiff Sulyvahn - 5
1. Nameless King - 20+

Soul of Cinder - 0
I'm not sure if I was over leveled or something for SoS (SL98), but that fight was very underwhelming. I loved the Gwyn callback, but the fight was just really easy sadly on my first playthrough. Hopefully it'll be a real fight on my 2nd.

I thought Catacombs was pretty dope actually. Aesthetically it kinda recalls copy/paste chalice dungeon mess, but the actual level design is pretty sweet and the ninja skeletons that roll and spin all over the place are really fun to fight. Shame Wolnir is a shitty boss though.

I think Catacombs are better than Farron Keep (fuck swamps that make you slow walk), and Smoldering Lake/Demon Ruins were actively bad areas. Like they put the boss fog gate right near the start because they knew they would piss people off if they made them go through that jumbled chalice-dungeon-but-worse, and Demon King was a pretty weak boss as well.

But yea, for the most part the levels are consistantly good, and Lothric Castle is the perfect end-cap with diverse encounters, great bosses, super cool vertical level design, awesome visuals, and two of the best bosses in the game.

Yeah, I'm really thinking of Demon Ruins as the lowpoint, they just kinda blend together in my head. Like, lets make a super hard maze zone where every part of the level looks the damn same, brilliant FROM Software

The part with the ninja skeletons and the Indiana Jones balls/bridges was dope, tho

The only boss i summoned for was Nameless King. The sunbro i summoned was such a good player, he downed Nameless King so fast... He got in way more hits than i did. I couldn't believe how good of a player he was. He IMed me and said that he would help me with the bosses in new game plus.

Beaten the game (except Nameless which I will try for the first time in NG+).

Last Boss > Princes > Gundyr >>> all the rest

Last Boss is crazy. Random stances/ attacks, homing missiles, healing, grabs PLUS a 2nd phase with full HP bar which wrecks your skills and concentration from the first phase. Hardest boss in the game for me even though he killed me only ~10 times. I was physicall hesistant to enter the fog gate... I was sick thinking I have to go through the whole damn 1st phase first... Reminded me of Fume Knight nightmares :(

Princes have the bullshit resurrection, super annoying homing missiles coupled with heavy sword attacks at the same time, teleportation etc. It was near impossible for me to beat them, I had to change my whole playstyle for the first time in this game after 62 hours - I had to go shieldless with a heavy weapon. They killed me around 15 times. I was ---> this <--- close to searching some SL1 videos on YT just to see how people cope with this one.

Gundyr is just relentless. He seems so easy on paper - no 2nd HP bar, no magic, no bullshit but he is so good at what he does and so fast that you barely can even heal in this fight... I cannot imagine casting spells!

Funny though, how the 3 hardest bosses in the game have the best music.

CalhounBurns

Neo Member
I haven't done Nameless King or the other Archdragon boss yet, or the Smouldering Lake boss.

The 3 bosses that gave me real trouble were the Cursed Tree (I don't know), Champion Gundyr and Dragonslayer Armour. Dancer and Princes were also difficult though I didn't feel really "stuck" against them. Objectively I can see why Sulyvahn is difficult but I managed to do it in 2 tries.

Soul of Cinder I beat first time - I think by the time you've done Gundyr and the Princes, you've got all the tools you need to beat him. Unless there was some attack he had that I managed to not get when I fought him, I thought he seemed like a pretty basic fight. I also got invaded just before entering the arena so I was down a couple estus flasks.

Almost all other bosses I did in 3 tries or less.

My favourite fights were Champion Gundyr and the Princes.

I ended the game as a knight at SL 93, with a focus on END and STR and the rest in Vigor. Solo'd everything, with my main weapon for nearly every encounter being a Broadsword. Anyway, I'd rank them as follows (with number of times I died in battle):

19. Yhorm the Giant - 2
18. Ancient Wyvern - 2
17. High Lord Wolnir - 1
16. Vordt of the Boreal Valley - 1
15. Deacons of the Deep - 4
14. Crystal Sage - 3
13. Iudex Gundyr - 3
12. Curse-Rotted Greatwood - 3
11. Dragonslayer Armour - 2
10. Old Demon King - 2
9. Abyss Watchers - 0
8. Oceiros, the Consumed King - 3
7. Champion Gundyr - 3
6. Lothric, Younger Prince - 4
5. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods - 7
4. Dancer of the Boreal Valley - 7
3. Soul of Cinder - 12
2. Pontiff Sulyvahn - 15?
1. Nameless King - 20? 25?

With the exception of the Abyss Watchers, it's amazing how much better and stronger the bosses in the latter half of the game are compared to the first half (starting with Pontiff).

I tried to solo as many bosses as I could, but some I just couldn't and I wanted to just progress. I'll solo em on another character.

The ones I summoned for are:
Pontiff
Aldrich
Nameless King
Champion Gundyr
Soul of Cinder
Dancer

I found Lothric to be a really good fight, lots of people summon for him but I beat him on my second attempt solo. First playthrough I beat all bosses solo, within two attempts up until pontiff. With the exception of Nameless, every boss became a pushover with one summon. Nameless was freaking hard ad hell solo, but even with a summon he put up a great fight.

My order would be, from Easy to Hard:

Ludex
Yhorm
Ancient
Vordt
High Lord
Curse-rotted
Crystal Sage
Deacons
ODK(he moves so slowly, I found him to be a laugh, although, his lava did almost one-shot me...)
Abyss Watchers
Oceiros
Lothric
Dragonslayer
Aldrich
Champion Gundyr
Dancer
Pontiff
Soul of Cinder
Nameless King

Just finished the game earlier. My rankings (Knight build, no summons)

Very Easy:
19. Iudex Gundyr
18. Deacons of the Deep

Easy:
17. Oceiros, the Consumed King
16. Abyss Watchers
15. Yhorm the Giant
14. Ancient Wyvern
13. Curse-Rotted Greatwood

Moderate:
12. Crystal Sage
11. High Lord Wolnir
10. Dragonslayer Armour
9. Vordt of the Boreal Valley

Hard:
8. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
7. Soul of Cinder
6. Lothric, Younger Prince
5. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods

Very Hard:
4. Old Demon King
3. Pontiff Sulyvahn
2. Champion Gundyr

Fuck Off:
1. Nameless King

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Nameless King on NG++ is horrific. First form is nothing, although the increased damage dealt means you have to be real careful. But second form... can just chain attacks together at will and given he will hurt you bad no matter what your build is. GL with doing that solo.

teokrazia

19 - Old Demon King [should be not valid, because I was definitely OP when I fought him]
18 - Vordt of the Boreal Valley
17 - Oceiros, the Consumed King
16 - Crystal Sage
15 - Deacons of the Deep
14 - Ancient Wyvern
13 - Curse-Rotted Greatwood
12 - Yhorm the Giant
11 - Iudex Gundyr
10 - High Lord Wolnir
9 - Dancer of the Boreal Valley
8 - Champion Gundyr
7 - Lothric, Younger Prince
6 - Aldrich, Devourer of Gods
5 - Pontiff Sulyvahn
4 - Soul of Cinder
3 - Abyss Watchers
2 - Dragonslayer Armour
1 - The Nameless Camera

nded

I'm dumb and insist on using the Executioner's Greatsword because I think it looks cool. Nameless King has been the only boss so far that has forced me to switch to Dark Sword.

A special mention goes out to Sulyvahn for forcing me to summon an NPC phantom just to keep the fucker and his clone off my back. Dancer also really pushed my shit in for a good half hour.

Dark Souls 3 bosses were really easy compared to previous games. I killed half of them in the first or second run and some of them were harder and took me about 7,8 times.
Aldrich, Nameless King, Abyss Watchers and Lothric were really hard for me, but weren't as hard as bosses like Ornstein & Smough or Martyr Logarius.

19. Dragonslayer Armour
18. Iudex Gundyr
17. Crystal Sage
16. Deacons of the Deep
15. Vordt of the Boreal Valley
14. High Lord Wolnir
13. Oceiros, the Consumed King
12. Curse Rotted Greatwood
11. Champion Gundyr
10. Ancient Wyvern
9. Yhorm the Giant
8. Dancer of the Boreal Valley
7. Soul of Cinder
6. Old Demon King
5. Pontiff Sulyvahn
4. Lothric, Younger Prince
3. Abyss Watchers
2. Nameless King
1. Aldrich, Devourer of Gods

I really liked Oceiros battle. it has amazing atmosphere and I liked the character. Lothric was great too and characters were something different. Nameless King has a great atmosphere too, but that camera in the first phase... :|

daedalius

Soul of Cinder - so many different forms to learn and correctly dodge
Dancer - super weird timing on all her attacks, finally learned how to bait her spin move in the 2nd phase and then it was just a joke
Pontiff - lots of moves, very fast, tough to dodge

Easiest non-gimmick
Dragon armor - like 2nd try win
old demon king - a bit overleveled when I did it
lords of the deep
crystal sage

Those are the 3 that gave me the most trouble, I still need to fight Nameless King though.

Apparently I am terrible at Souls games considering how so many people in here claim they've beaten some of the bosses in like 1 or 2 tries. I did beat all the bosses solo though, never even summoned an NPC (that actually resulted in victory anyway). Also played the whole game offline since I don't have PS+

Floody

1. Nameless King, he's by far the hardest for me, he's BB's DLC bosses level of hard. took me like 20-30 attempts to beat him.

2. Pontiff, nothing frustratingly hard, just took me a few attempts to figure him out, died 3 times to him.

3. Souls of Cinder, he's also not too bad, but has a lot of moves that can really punish you if you mess up your dodge. Died 3 times to him too.

Nothing else really gave me much trouble, though there was a good chance I overleveled a lot, so my second playthrough I'll try not to over do it.

Nameless King is the only one that gave me trouble. Soul of Cinder would've been done in one try if not for him doing his 5-hit wombo combo out of nowhere.

I defeated most of them in my first attempt. I had trouble with two bosses. The old demon king (took him on around level 35) and the nameless king. These bosses had few solo attempts before I summoned help.

When I was being summoned as sun bro the boss which gave me most trouble was the rotten tree boss and Nameless king. Between 1,2 and 3 I thought this game bosses were easier than the original ones and DLC bosses in DS2. I am yet to be vowed by any bosses like I was by Manus, Kalameet or Artorias (in Souls series).

Solrac

after completed the deepest chalice dungeon in BB and the DLC, to me.. any single BOSS in DaS3 looks like playing on easy mode, just maybe nameless king

Top Bottom