• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT34| Stop Hammer Time!

Status
Not open for further replies.

rc213

It seems you get guaranteed Strange coins for bounties and rank up. I spent all of them friday, and now I got about 60 again. I don't even bother with PoE though its a great source of income.

With so many useless armor drops, I build up armor materials like crazy and I usually donate anything above 300 or so. It levels the factions rather quickly.

Wait you can use armor mats to gain rep? Shiiiiiiiit I have like 3000 of those across all 3 guardians.

Westonian

Anyone want to do the raid? (PS4)

1. WestonianB (294 Hunter) mic some raid experience
2. V1br4tions (296 Titan)
3. Da_1_hated_tito

Need three more. Experience preferred.

Deku Tree

Did a dozen or so CoO, including 2 of my Stolen Runes for T2 and didn't get the Fragment I need.

Way too much RNG involved in getting this damn fragment quest done.

I'm done with the stupid ass quest for now. 41/50 and the rest can go fuck themselves.

The fragments are not RNG. I posted about this yesterday. You need to use your own rune to get the fragment too. There are four boss combinations that give a unique fragment. If you don't get the one you need jump off the platform In the front to cancel the event, save your rune and try again later:

So for Tier 2 CoO you can get any combination of two Tier 1 encounters, but only four of those combinations can currently give you a calcified fragment? These four combos give fragments but I have done other tier 1 combos and not gotten a fragment:

39. XXXIX
Lookar and Vorlog
40. XL
Bracus Horu'usk and Cra'adug + Mengoor
41. XLI
Krughor and Cra'adug + Mengoor
42. XLII
Krughor and Vorlog

That's what I think that I am understanding from the Internet...

Then for Stolen runes I can buy them from Eris for 20 Black Wax Idols, or via dreadnaught chest RNG, or dropped from KF raid, or dropped from Tier 1 or 2 or 3 CoO.

I need five Stolen runes because I want to do all of the CoO fragments on my alts... But I don't want to grind RNG for them and I don't want to pay 100 Black Wax Idols either. Guess I have to wait...

Wish I could transfer some charged stolen runes from my Warlock.... So annoying that they block transfers once the rune is charged.

The Tier 2 CoO for fragments are the worse of the bunch by far.

You do realise that you can just keep forfeiting them until you get the enemies that you need? It won't use your rune.

The fragments are not RNG. I posted about this yesterday. You need to use your own rune to get the fragment too. There are four boss combinations that give a unique fragment. If you don't get the one you need jump off the platform In the front to cancel the event, save your rune and try again later:

I did not know that, thanks. I'll do this method. Can you do the same for the T3 runes?

At Oryx and never downed him before. I know fight and really wanna get this stupid artifact quest done. So lets do this Gaffers. Need 5. Would like at least 1 person who hasnt completed it else to help pay it forward.

Cmon Gaf, please! :)

Still need someone? I've only gotten to the sisters before people keep quitting

KZObsessed

We're trying to get a raid for oryx checkpoint.

1. Polyhedron
2. Ffobsessed
3. Dave1988

Add one of us and join!

Party chat too.

PS4 BTW.

Edit cancelled sorry

Magik

So what's the consensus on the new PVP meta going into IB and ToO? It's rather difficult to tell based on the regular normalized PVP where almost every weapon is being used.

I'm gearing towards a build revolving around Pulse Rifles since the age of Hand Cannons seems to be at an end for the most part.

Westonian

2. V1br4tions (297 Titan)
3. Da_1_hated_tito (294 Titan)
4. F0X-AlV3E

Need two more. Experience preferred.

KZObsessed

2. V1br4tions (297 Titan)
3. Da_1_hated_tito (294 Titan)
4. F0X-AlV3E

Need two more. Experience preferred.

I'm free but never done it before. Ffobsessed. Feel free to pick someone experienced though if they come along.

Jinjo

The last 9 of 10 exotic drops for me have been Crests of Alpha Lupi.

Bungie, c'mon bro.

Opening an exotic chest engram and expecting anything different aside from crest of alpha lupi is fooling yourself. Only open an exotic chest engram on Warlocks. If you open it on a Titan or Hunter you're gonna get Lupi as there is nothing else to give you. The game heavily favours dropping an exotic for your class now.

neoism

I absolutely HATE how there is not a guaranteed way to earn Strange Coins. Everyone is earning tons a week, yet I barely earn 10. Granted, I have over a 1000, but it's still frustrating to spend them without a guaranteed source of income.

C'mon Bungie =/

crying-money-woody-harrelson-zombieland.gif

Klyka

Banned
Opening an exotic chest engram and expecting anything different aside from crest of alpha lupi is fooling yourself. Only open an exotic chest engram on Warlocks. If you open it on a Titan or Hunter you're gonna get Lupi as there is nothing else to give you. The game heavily favours dropping an exotic for your class now.

Titan can get Twilight Garrison

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well they did warn you. The same day it became available they said it was a bug and that they'd be reverting Black Spindles.

They did do that. And then unfortunately didn't listen to their game community.
The Black Spindle dropping at 310 after that challenging mission is much more "deserved" then having an exotic drop from Varicks while using a Three of Coins.

I had hoped that once a Black Spindle had been infused that it was deemed "safe" from the nerf.
My 310 is gone and I have since put three weapons into my 300 to get it to 308.

I guess it's my own mistake but the weeks that have gone by gave me hope that their thoughts regarding the nerf had changed.

Yes, I'm aware. I have no intention of playing a Warlock, though. And yeah, I know the second I see a chest engram it's going to be Lupi. But for the last 9 of my exotic drops to be chest engrams when Bungie knows damn well two classes only have one possible decrypt from them right now? That's just cruel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom