• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

hemtae

Well I have no idea whether this game is big like Skyrim/Xenoblade or big like Baldur's Gate 2 since nobody is willing to mention Baldur's Gate even in any blurb about combat. Blargh.

Jira

Game reviewers typically review on the easiest settings, especially lengthy games since they're strapped for time. It wouldn't surprise me if they played on easy or normal.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
I'll be waiting for the GAF impressions before buying. No way I'm getting suckered again. Mass Effect 3 got good reviews but it was a complete piece of shit.

Realyn

For the record, I don't care about scores at all. That said, I don't understand the 8/9's instead of 10's in mass like Bayonetta. Watched the Gamespot and read the destructoid review. They have nothing negative to say aside "Characters popping in here and there" but give it a relativly "low" score for a AAA game? Seems quite strange to me. If you have problems with the game, please tell me in your review.

adj_noun

I dont get this game. Is it a spin off? Or a direct sequel to da 2. Does it have a main story?

It's the next game in the Dragon Age series, a sequel to the previous two with a different main character. Your choices in the previous games carry over a la Mass Effect.

Yes, it has a main story.

MaddenNFL64

After two disparate entries with different philosophies, Dragon Age’s identity crisis is over. With a mixture of open-world exploration, entertaining combat, and top-tier characters, the team at BioWare has found a winning formula that isn’t shackled to either Dragon Age: Origins or Dragon Age II. Inquisition is not defined by the traditions it returns to, but by the new directions it forges for this magnificent fantasy universe.

:D

TI82

Banned
Ive never played the others but have seen gameplay. First seems like a tactical RPG, second is action is this a mix of the two?

Oh god I've been dying for a massive wrpg game like this for a few years now.

Can't fucking wait to dive back in, only memories of Origins now, memory wiped clean of 2.

Thank you based Eurogamer for actually pointing out some problems with the game. Collect ten bear asses is never fun, it's just filler content.

RedAssedApe

Banned
It's the next game in the Dragon Age series, a sequel to the previous two with a different main character. Your choices in the previous games carry over a la Mass Effect.

Yes, it has a main story.

How do saves transfer from last gen? I played dao but not 2

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Thread subscribed .. here's hoping for greatness :)

Either way .. Bioware, you've got my money.

Abylim

You can play one day and refund for free with Origin.

Don't trust us, we are a confused bunch!

In Australia here, I can return my game after 10 days even.

I am most likely grabbing it, but am interested to see what people think here.
The vast majority seem to align with my tastes!

McDougles

Is it just me or does that score and summary completely differ from the rest of the article, especially the final paragraph?

If you want to get into Tinfoil-GAF territory...

hxfvvz.png

Eurogamer:

By default fights are much like Dragon Age 2's pausable action, with other party members controlled by basic scripts. ..... It's also possible to zoom out to a tactical view as in Origins and play from afar. In practice though, everyone moves around far too much and too quickly, with mages especially just spamming endless pyrotechnic attacks limited only by a slight cooldown. There were many exciting battles on the main story, but none I could say were tactically very interesting, and none of them against one of the oddly unimaginative damage-sponge bosses

That was pretty much what I was looking for and... oh well.

Sounds like this is about as AAA as it gets really.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom